Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

GREEN BAY, Wis. – The Green Bay Packers have made their first foray into free agency, signing long snapper Matt Orzech. Orzech snapped for the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2019 and the Los Angeles Rams in 2021 and 2022.
Pretty sure this guy was an All Pro right? HUGE splash!
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

go pak go wrote:
15 Mar 2023 18:50
GREEN BAY, Wis. – The Green Bay Packers have made their first foray into free agency, signing long snapper Matt Orzech. Orzech snapped for the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2019 and the Los Angeles Rams in 2021 and 2022.
Pretty sure this guy was an All Pro right? HUGE splash!
Another awesome Gutey home run! :woohoo:

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Is it weird that Deguara is the only TE we have under contract and I’m still disappointed to hear we’re bringing back Tyler Davis?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
16 Mar 2023 09:55
Is it weird that Deguara is the only TE we have under contract and I’m still disappointed to hear we’re bringing back Tyler Davis?
I think so.

Honestly my expectations for free agency is so ridiculously low. I honestly don't want big signings. So I've been happy that our biggest splash so far is long snapper.

That is the best thing for us right now. Recover the cap. Give opportunities to nobodies. And start building a foundational roster for a 2025 run. I've been very happy with how things have been handled so far.

Tyler Davis is a 90 man roster signing. We resigned him rather than exercise his exclusive rights free agent or RFA (I don't remember which) because he is cheaper to resign at market value than exercise any of the other options.

All of this means his only real consequence is preventing another TE to be on our 90 man roster. And I am guessing we will have 6 - 8 TE's at the least on the 90 man.
Last edited by go pak go on 16 Mar 2023 10:04, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
16 Mar 2023 10:01
YoHoChecko wrote:
I think so.

Honestly my expectations for free agency is so ridiculously low. I honestly don't want big signings. So I've been happy that our biggest splash so far is long snapper.

That is the best thing for us right now. Recover the cap. Give opportunities to nobodies. And start building a foundational roster for a 2025 run. I've been very happy with how things have been handled so far.
Oh I just would rather have three rookies and Deguara than Tyler Davis, two rookies, and Deguara. I still really want Lewis, 2 rookies, and Deguara. I know Davis may not even make the team. I just think he offers nothing. He’s actually bad at football in games.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

the longer Tonyan goes without getting any real money, that might increase his chances of being a Packer next year on another "prove it" type deal
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
16 Mar 2023 10:04
go pak go wrote:
16 Mar 2023 10:01
YoHoChecko wrote:
I think so.

Oh I just would rather have three rookies and Deguara than Tyler Davis, two rookies, and Deguara. I still really want Lewis, 2 rookies, and Deguara. I know Davis may not even make the team. I just think he offers nothing. He’s actually bad at football in games.
I don't think he will make the team. But that is an August discussion. He is just a 90 man roster signing right now. His contract is so low it likely won't even trigger a Top 51.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
the longer Tonyan goes without getting any real money, that might increase his chances of being a Packer next year on another "prove it" type deal
The fact that Lazard, Mercedes, Cobb, etc. all made the wish list but Tonyan didn't....

that speaks volumes. I believe Tonyan was the only FA to not make that "Jet's is interested in"
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
16 Mar 2023 10:05
Drj820 wrote:
The fact that Lazard, Mercedes, Cobb, etc. all made the wish list but Tonyan didn't....

that speaks volumes. I believe Tonyan was the only FA to not make that "Jet's is interested in"
you still think there was actually a wish list :rotf: and just because Rodgers or the media didn't mention Tonyan doesn't mean Rodgers didn't mention his name.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I am entirely meh on re-signing Davis (or Tyler Doofus as I like to call him), neither excited nor bothered by it. If nothing else, he is a guy who gives us decent ST snaps.

He has flashed some solid ability at TE, but man he stank up the field a few times last year. If he can get his head out of his ass, he could be a player, so I am fine with bringing him back, but I am not overly confident that it will happen.

He also seems to have his worst moments with Love as QB: dropped the would-be TD against Detroit, also had that pass bounce off of him for an INT in preseason.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
16 Mar 2023 10:14
I am entirely meh on re-signing Davis (or Tyler Doofus as I like to call him), neither excited nor bothered by it. If nothing else, he is a guy who gives us decent ST snaps.

He has flashed some solid ability at TE, but man he stank up the field a few times last year. If he can get his head out of his ass, he could be a player, so I am fine with bringing him back, but I am not overly confident that it will happen.

He also seems to have his worst moments with Love as QB: dropped the would-be TD against Detroit, also had that pass bounce off of him for an INT in preseason.
ya but if only Rodgers would have.......

thing is he worked with Love on the scout team all year to, yet sucks in games, resigning him should have zero affect with Guty bringing in more TE's

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Good point. Always telling when guys that are hyped as adequate while playing in GB have trouble finding good money/success from another team once they leave.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
16 Mar 2023 10:25
bruh, I am talking about Davis's dropped TD to critique him as a player, not to excuse Love of anything (much less exonerate his whole ass career as a QB :lol: )!
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
16 Mar 2023 10:48
Yoop wrote:
16 Mar 2023 10:25
bruh, I am talking about Davis's dropped TD to critique him as a player, not to excuse Love of anything (much less exonerate his whole ass career as a QB :lol: )!
I was ragging ya, guess I should have added a smiley face.

the rest had more to do with Davis the Love, I thought that was clear.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Drj820 wrote:
16 Mar 2023 10:28
go pak go wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Good point. Always telling when guys that are hyped as adequate while playing in GB have trouble finding good money/success from another team once they leave.
Do you think that maybe, just maybe it is because Tonyan does not want to be a Jet and would like to be targeted?

Tonyan was #21 last season with 79.1% reception rate. Only Aaron Jones beat him with 81.9%. The only other Packer in the top 100 was Randall Cobb with 68.0%.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

TheSkeptic wrote:
16 Mar 2023 13:10
Drj820 wrote:
16 Mar 2023 10:28
go pak go wrote:

Do you think that maybe, just maybe it is because Tonyan does not want to be a Jet and would like to be targeted?

Tonyan was #21 last season with 79.1% reception rate. Only Aaron Jones beat him with 81.9%. The only other Packer in the top 100 was Randall Cobb with 68.0%.
Maybe Tonyan doesnt want to be a Jet, but we are learning what teams think of him as they sign other players for decent money and he is yet to sign.

Hayden Hurst signed today with the bengals

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Guys true story.

Why do we talk about Hayden Hurst like a good TE?

We = any of us

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Literally was just making fun of him and the Falcons and their TE strategy.

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

go pak go wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Hasnt come all the way back yet