Rodgers Watch 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Rodgers 2023

Poll ended at 03 Jun 2023 21:19

Retired
7%
Traded
66%
Packer
27%

Total votes: 44

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

In other news. Schefter reported the Packers and Jets are far apart. The Packers want premium compensation and are willing to wait it out.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
16 Mar 2023 12:40
Acrobat wrote:
16 Mar 2023 12:35
Hey guys, Adams dropped a pass in the NFC Championship Game.

:bigcry:
And the guy who keeps bringing it up would take Adams back in a heartbeat if we had the chance, showing how incredibly cheap of a shot it is.

Adams is one of the best WRs in our whole team history. You'd think yoop of all people would respect that, but this Rodgers worship is so out-of-control that they will even attack this team's absolute greats to cover for their God.
of course I would take Adams back, there where a half doz drops in that 2020 PO game, to my knowledge Adams only dropped 1 ( one) and was one of the main reason we went 39-9 for 3 seasons, you saw what minus Adams amounted to last year, my point is that with a little prudence it didn't have to be that way, but just keep defending status quo which went on here for 7 years.

It was so easy to see that our problems didn't revolve around Rodgers last year, as soon as Watson was healthy Rodgers was making him a star, your so blinded by your dislike for the guy your mind is closed to rational thinking.

and He'll make Garret a star this year for the Jets to.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

AmishMafia wrote:
16 Mar 2023 12:56
Labrev wrote:
Acrobat wrote:

And the guy who keeps bringing it up would take Adams back in a heartbeat if we had the chance, showing how incredibly cheap of a shot it is.

Adams is one of the best WRs in our whole team history. You'd think yoop of all people would respect that, but this Rodgers worship is so out-of-control that they will even attack this team's absolute greats to cover for their God.
Well said.

Gute is a much better GM and MLF is a much better coach than AR is a QB at this point. 10 years ago, AR was the playing at the highest level ever for a Packer QB. But those days are long gone. I believe you are right, and he will play much better for the NYJs than he has for us. But I don't think they will see the SB.
Gute is much closer to retirement then Rodgers, so far ONE good draft in 5 years, keep dreaming, Rodgers I expect will be right back to 2020 form

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
16 Mar 2023 13:14
In other news. Schefter reported the Packers and Jets are far apart. The Packers want premium compensation and are willing to wait it out.
they'l wait it out till they eat 60 mil. for a clip board holder, and you probably support that, the Jets wont hang around forever.
Last edited by Yoop on 16 Mar 2023 13:38, edited 1 time in total.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
16 Mar 2023 13:23
Labrev wrote:
Acrobat wrote:

of course I would take Adams back, there where a half doz drops in that 2020 PO game, to my knowledge Adams only dropped 1 ( one) and was one of the main reason we went 39-9 for 3 seasons, you saw what minus Adams amounted to last year, my point is that with a little prudence it didn't have to be that way, but just keep defending status quo which went on here for 7 years.

It was so easy to see that our problems didn't revolve around Rodgers last year, as soon as Watson was healthy Rodgers was making him a star, your so blinded by your dislike for the guy your mind is closed to rational thinking.

Last week you said 4 drops. The week before that it was 5 drops.

The real count was two drops. One by Adams and one EQSB.

The infamous drop by Lazard in the EZ wasn't a drop. It was a route miscommunication. The ball was nowhere near the WR.

There is no need to make stuff up. We all know the issues in that game. There was fault by most everyone except Jaire Alexander and MVS. Those two absolutely balled out.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

Drj820 wrote:
16 Mar 2023 13:06
AmishMafia wrote:
Labrev wrote:

Well said.

Gute is a much better GM and MLF is a much better coach than AR is a QB at this point. 10 years ago, AR was the playing at the highest level ever for a Packer QB. But those days are long gone. I believe you are right, and he will play much better for the NYJs than he has for us. But I don't think they will see the SB.
We actually dont know how good of a GM Gute is or Lafleur is as a coach without Rodgers...but stay tuned...we will soon know!
Well, before Gute and MLF we were around a 500 team with Rodgers. Then we went 13-3 for 3 straight seasons. Gutes drafts have been average with a few very good picks. His FA signings have been way above average. His bargain pickups (Nixon and Rasul Douglas) have been great. I think he is doing well overall.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
16 Mar 2023 13:29
Yoop wrote:
Labrev wrote:

The infamous drop by Lazard in the EZ wasn't a drop. It was a route miscommunication. The ball was nowhere near the WR.

There is no need to make stuff up. We all know the issues in that game. There was fault by most everyone except Jaire Alexander and MVS. Those two absolutely balled out.
5 or 6 catchable drops 2 recorded, I may mis remember stuff exactly, but not intentionally making stuff up, route mis communication, who do you lay the blame at for that, same last year, Rodgers I suppose.

not to change the subject, but MVS showed in that SB why he doesn't catch more targets, he ran his route so poorly he couldn't recover and catch a perfectly thrown pass from Mahomes for what likely would have been a TD, and that was his MO for us for 3 seasons, poor routes, poor hands.

one game here and there where MVS had weak matchups and did well, and thats good enough for you. :rotf: :rotf:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Drj820 wrote:
AmishMafia wrote:
Labrev wrote:

Well said.

We actually dont know how good of a GM Gute is or Lafleur is as a coach without Rodgers...but stay tuned...we will soon know!
Who is "We" exactly? I don't want to be forced to bring in 23 to sort out fact from fiction on this assertion And please don't go down the "Who We" chant from '96 rabbit hole either :rotf:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

AmishMafia wrote:
16 Mar 2023 13:35
Drj820 wrote:
AmishMafia wrote:

Well said.

Well, before Gute and MLF we were around a 500 team with Rodgers. Then we went 13-3 for 3 straight seasons. Gutes drafts have been average with a few very good picks. His FA signings have been way above average. His bargain pickups (Nixon and Rasul Douglas) have been great. I think he is doing well overall.
Ted would have never opened his pocket book the way Gute has, and Ted for his first 8 or 9 years had a great support group and had some really solid drafts, once Schnieder and others departed, and I think Teds dementia became more of a issue his drafting declined.

Gute has taken to many draft picks based on hope for the future.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
16 Mar 2023 13:51
Drj820 wrote:
AmishMafia wrote:

Well said.

Who is "We" exactly? I don't want to be forced to bring in 23 to sort out fact from fiction on this assertion And please don't go down the "Who We" chant from '96 rabbit hole either :rotf:
Who's on first? NO, he's on second, well then WHO's on 3rd, No gosh dang it Who's on 2nd :argue: :rotf:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

AmishMafia wrote:
Yeah.
Attachments
32190652-8307-42B3-985F-0A6F001B2AAD.jpeg
32190652-8307-42B3-985F-0A6F001B2AAD.jpeg (1.11 MiB) Viewed 425 times

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

go pak go wrote:
16 Mar 2023 13:14
Yep, now if the Jets are being like "we'll give you a 4th", then I'm fine with the Packers just sitting on their hands here. Rodgers might try to spin this narrative that the Packers are holding things up, but if you're trading a 4 time MVP, you should get premium compensation. I have no problem with the Packers holding firm, even if it makes them look bad in the public eye.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Packers wait about a week and then go public with their terms.

We want a first round pick and a 4th, we will talk to anyone who wants to offer this.

Put some pressure on the Jets
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
16 Mar 2023 13:47
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

5 or 6 catchable drops 2 recorded, I may mis remember stuff exactly, but not intentionally making stuff up, route mis communication, who do you lay the blame at for that, same last year, Rodgers I suppose.

not to change the subject, but MVS showed in that SB why he doesn't catch more targets, he ran his route so poorly he couldn't recover and catch a perfectly thrown pass from Mahomes for what likely would have been a TD, and that was his MO for us for 3 seasons, poor routes, poor hands.

one game here and there where MVS had weak matchups and did well, and thats good enough for you. :rotf: :rotf:
Rodgers had 10 or 12 whiffs of throwing to the wrong place or missing a wide open receiver.

You see what I did there? I brought a made up argument that is so generalized and unsubstantiated to just push a narrative. And next week when I get really mad I will say 14 to 16 whiffs.

That is exactly what you are doing here. As for the miscommunication...I blame both. That's why it's called miscommunication.

But to the more main point...yes you are making stuff up. You want something to be true so bad you continue to alter facts to keep pushing something that fits your world. It's why you constantly get called out for inconsistencies in your arguments. You're passionate. I will give you that. But multiple things can be true.

Amish nailed it. Gute has a poor to okay draft record but a really strong FA record. That doesn't make Gute a terrible GM, but it also doesn't make him a great GM.

This forum is so obsessed with absolutes or extremes that facts be damned to get in the way with that. I find it funny that you will bash the bloggers, clickbaiters and media people for making things up (when in reality all the journalists have been truthful the whole time and haven't broken any actual story) when every post of yours is glorified story telling.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
16 Mar 2023 14:04
AmishMafia wrote:
Yeah.
cant wait to see him without 12 at QB. :aok:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
16 Mar 2023 14:11
Yoop wrote:
16 Mar 2023 13:47
go pak go wrote:

Rodgers had 10 or 12 whiffs of throwing to the wrong place or missing a wide open receiver.

You see what I did there? I brought a made up argument that is so generalized and unsubstantiated to just push a narrative. And next week when I get really mad I will say 14 to 16 whiffs.

That is exactly what you are doing here. As for the miscommunication...I blame both. That's why it's called miscommunication.

But to the more main point...yes you are making stuff up. You want something to be true so bad you continue to alter facts to keep pushing something that fits your world. It's why you constantly get called out for inconsistencies in your arguments. You're passionate. I will give you that. But multiple things can be true.

Amish nailed it. Gute has a poor to okay draft record but a really strong FA record. That doesn't make Gute a terrible GM, but it also doesn't make him a great GM.

This forum is so obsessed with absolutes or extremes that facts be damned to get in the way with that. I find it funny that you will bash the bloggers, clickbaiters and media people for making things up (when in reality all the journalists have been truthful the whole time and haven't broken any actual story) when every post of yours is glorified story telling.
you and others here blamed Rodgers right from the start last season, right from the start, totally obvious that receivers where screwing up the routes, also obvious that Rodgers was becoming very frustrated with that if he wasn't upset with lousy blocking, and when the blocking was good the receivers would drop passes right to them, on top of not catching less then perfect passes other times, any questionable pass was Rodgers fault. :thwap:

you keep saying people use extremes here, why do you think that is, or do you even think about it? it's done because YOU and others here wont listen, or you go dig up recorded drops to prove your point, when anyone with a lic of common sense knows the recorders have to set parameters for what is a recorded DROP, myself, I become frustrated trying to have a civil conversation with people that do that &%$@. same with run blocking, when your RB's are near tops in the league with yards after first contact, or hits behind the LOS, it's frustrating when someone brings a stat that shows the blocking is better then average, it says I don't know what I'am watching, and it's BS, our RB's succeed because they are better then the run blocking, the blocking often failed the RB's not the other way around as some here attempted to prove.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

it says I don't know what I'am watching, and it's BS,
I think you nailed it on the head yoop.

Don't get so offended when people try use data to support theories or analysis of what is happening. You just said it in two posts early, "I don't always remember things right"

So if the data completely disputes what you are screaming....it might just potentially be that your memory and eyes got it wrong. It's okay to be wrong. It could also be that the data is misrepresenting an argument and that can be discussed as well. That's what forums are all about!

And yes. 2022 was the worst season in Aaron Rodgers's career. How do I know that? Well the Packers want to trade him and the Jets don't want to give up everything to get him. Contrast that to 2021 and coming off an MVP season, the Packers didn't want to get rid of him and the league was throwing everything to get him. So a simple read there tells me that the NFL agrees it wasn't a great year for Rodgers. Even when you exclude the additional variables of supporting cast.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I am just going to hit on a few things here to exemplify some things.
Yoop wrote:
16 Mar 2023 14:31
I become frustrated trying to have a civil conversation with people...
Let's be REALLY frank here, you RARELY try to have a civil conversation and it has NOTHING to do with other people starting it.
when your RB's are near tops in the league with yards after first contact, or hits behind the LOS
Yards before contact (a good thing for OL) for our RBs puts Aaron Jones at 13th in the league and AJ Dillon at 32nd in the league. Yards after first contact is not stat or measure for or against an OL. That is a stat at how elusive a RB is or how well they break tackles.
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats ... nsive-line - Green Bays OL got RBs Stuffed at or behind the line at a 14% clip, ranked of 2nd (Very Good).
it's frustrating when someone brings a stat that shows the blocking is better then average, it says I don't know what I'am watching, and it's BS, our RB's succeed because they are better then the run blocking, the blocking often failed the RB's not the other way around as some here attempted to prove.
And THAT right there is the issue. You don't know what you are watching, because you have built a narrative up that it taints everything you see, evidence be damned. See above. While the offensive line was not great, especially in the first half, it did improve and was not a leading factor in poor offensive performance, save the last game. What the evidence above shows is that your evidence for blaming the offensive line is made up due to a preordained narrative.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

wizard 87
Reactions:

Post by wizard 87 »

I am confused, Aaron stated plain he will be playing for the New York Jets, but he won't be a QB or a player for the Green Bay Packers, Yet he's getting enough posts everywhere that you think Jesus Christ himself was leaving.

There are so many similar things to Favre on all this it's scary, he's just 1 man, 1 player. Packer football goes on post-Rodgers. Close the chapter on #12 and move on to #10, the sooner we all do that the better it's going to be. :beer2:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

yoop is always respectful and fair minded. Thanks for being a part of the forum yoop!!