Love SZN: Official Thread of QB1.

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Looking forward to training camp watching JLo throw catchable lasers and back shoulders to the Doobies .... Watson and Doubs.

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

TheSkeptic wrote:
14 Feb 2023 00:51
IMO:
the Packers can win a SB with a slightly below average NFL QB (20-24 of 32)
the Packers can win a SB with a NFL QB in the 6-12 range
The best chance is with a top 5 QB BUT ONLY IF HE IS NOT top 5 in salary cap. After a couple of years of paying top 5 money, IMO the odds go DOWN the more a QB is paid, regardless of his ability.

We don't need Love to be a HOF QB. We need him to be a leader, a team player, respected by the coaches and players and to play within his ability. We need him to be team-first on the field and in the salary negotiations. It will help if he does not choke in the playoffs also.

Just somebody. A real Somebody. Not a hero, just somebody who does his job:

Playoffs! Playoffs? Playoffs? You wanna talk playoffs? ……

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

JKB wrote:
16 Mar 2023 07:24
TheSkeptic wrote:
14 Feb 2023 00:51
IMO:
the Packers can win a SB with a slightly below average NFL QB (20-24 of 32)
the Packers can win a SB with a NFL QB in the 6-12 range
The best chance is with a top 5 QB BUT ONLY IF HE IS NOT top 5 in salary cap. After a couple of years of paying top 5 money, IMO the odds go DOWN the more a QB is paid, regardless of his ability.

We don't need Love to be a HOF QB. We need him to be a leader, a team player, respected by the coaches and players and to play within his ability. We need him to be team-first on the field and in the salary negotiations. It will help if he does not choke in the playoffs also.

Just somebody. A real Somebody. Not a hero, just somebody who does his job:

Playoffs! Playoffs? Playoffs? You wanna talk playoffs? ……
I think playoffs this coming year is a stretch. There will be growing pains and the Packers are going to lose too many games early in the season. But it is possible they sneak in as a wild card this coming season if they stay healthy. My bet on Love is that he is average for the full 2023/24 season. But if the Oline improves and Watson stays healthy, all bets are off

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Have you seen the NFC? It's wide open. Playoffs are not crazy talk

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

The golden voice of Lou Rawls; one of the best crooners ever.

Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

*their

The left needs to be exterminated

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

*their

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

My gut feeling is bad for Love, but I read quite some optimistic opinions from experts. And of course MLF/Gute not desperate enough to beg #12 naked in a darkroom in the brazilian jungle does speak some volume too. So I am cautiously optimistic. Still I think his name is a disaster. Its just the perfect blueprint for everlasting mocking. The only worse name would be something like „Kuntz“ (its actually a serious german name). But then if he brings us hardware his name could be „Hadschi Halef Omar Ben Hadschi Abul Abbas Ibn Hadschi Dawuhd al Gossarah“ and I‘d be cool. So bring it, Jordan!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I was right about Rodgers before it was cool and I will be right about Love.

They will both be freaking great quarterbacks in this league.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Will Jordan Love win an MVP?

I guess if you give me 50/50.

I’d put money on yes. It’s just our culture.

And I did say I was going to be unapologetically bullish of Jordan this offseason.

JSN at pick 13 or 15 would about double my confidence. :)

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
16 Mar 2023 17:40
Will Jordan Love win an MVP?

I guess if you give me 50/50.

I’d put money on yes. It’s just our culture.

And I did say I was going to be unapologetically bullish of Jordan this offseason.

JSN at pick 13 or 15 would about double my confidence. :)
this is Guty's QB, I wouldn't be surprised at all with that pick, but this is a year when I think Pass rusher would/could help us more.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Strong recommend revisiting Andy Herman's Jordan Love film reviews for 2018 and 2019

Gosh the descriptions of 2018 get me excited

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
17 Mar 2023 09:08
Strong recommend revisiting Andy Herman's Jordan Love film reviews for 2018 and 2019

Gosh the descriptions of 2018 get me excited
I think we agree, that there is such a difference in the speed of the game from College to pro that any college QB would benefit with at least one season of being a backup, imo pass pressure and the quality of defenses is so much better at this level

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

from SI

Yost, whose two-year coaching run at Utah State included Love’s rise in 2017 and breakout season in 2018, is a bit busy on Sundays but he did watch Love’s start in 2021 at the Kansas City Chiefs and then his fourth-quarter relief appearance at the Philadelphia Eagles in 2022.

“A year ago when he got to play in the Chiefs game, he did not have a great day,” Coach Yost said. “And the Chiefs are a good team and all that, and I think they were trying protect him a little bit, but then when you got to see him play a little bit this year, he looked like a different guy.

“That’s a credit to him for being able to continue to improve even though he wasn’t playing all the time. I know he gets a lot of reps in practice, especially with Rodgers not being there all the time for the offseason, but he’d be the guy who would take full advantage of that and put himself in the best position to be successful. Not every guy does that.”
IT. IS. TIME

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Fun fact: This song was recorded with Eric Clapton, but he didn't want to play "commercial rock" and quit soon after. At his recommendation, the other members called Jimmy Page, but he said, "I can't give up my session gigs; call my friend Jeff Beck."...and the rest is history.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
17 Mar 2023 12:53

Fun fact: This song was recorded with Eric Clapton, but he didn't want to play "commercial rock" and quit soon after. At his recommendation, the other members called Jimmy Page, but he said, "I can't give up my session gigs; call my friend Jeff Beck."...and the rest is history.
and for your Love inspired people to spray paint Clapton is God on every wall in Liverpool :rotf:

I prefer the Blind Faith Group to the Yardbirds myself, but every Album he's a part of is excellent imo.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Yoop wrote:
17 Mar 2023 13:37
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
17 Mar 2023 12:53
and for your Love inspired people to spray paint Clapton is God on every wall in Liverpool :rotf:

I prefer the Blind Faith Group to the Yardbirds myself, but every Album he's a part of is excellent imo.
No, "Clapton is god" came more from Smokestack Lightning and similar blues-based songs. Clapton quit the band the same day For Your Love was released.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

*their