Rodgers Watch 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Rodgers 2023

Poll ended at 03 Jun 2023 21:19

Retired
7%
Traded
66%
Packer
27%

Total votes: 44

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

The Jets-Browns Elijah Moore trade creates a pathway for the Rodgers deal. Looks like it’s going to get done soon.
Love is the answer…

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Foosball wrote:
22 Mar 2023 15:30
The Jets-Browns Elijah Moore trade creates a pathway for the Rodgers deal. Looks like it’s going to get done soon.
What are the chances that this is not related to the Rodgers situation? I think it must be. The Jets didn’t have a plethora of picks this year to begin with. The trade of a WR they would hardly use and a 3rd for a 2nd gives them a little more to work with.

And I’m thinking, does this mean they will give GB a 1st or does it mean they’ll give a 2nd? Or neither. Or both!
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Jets also just acquired WR Mecole Hardman from the Chiefs. Hmmmm.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Scott4Pack wrote:
22 Mar 2023 15:34
Foosball wrote:
22 Mar 2023 15:30
What are the chances that this is not related to the Rodgers situation? I think it must be. The Jets didn’t have a plethora of picks this year to begin with. The trade of a WR they would hardly use and a 3rd for a 2nd gives them a little more to work with.

And I’m thinking, does this mean they will give GB a 1st or does it mean they’ll give a 2nd? Or neither. Or both!
IMO it means they are offering a 2nd and a 3rd

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

TheSkeptic wrote:
23 Mar 2023 01:20
Very hot take, considering they no longer have a 3rd

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
23 Mar 2023 06:46
TheSkeptic wrote:
Muahahahaha. The Jets are geniuses.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

YoHoChecko wrote:
22 Mar 2023 14:50
The Jets just got pick 42 from the Browns.

Picks 42 and 43 are worth pick 17 on the old school and still-more-reliable trade chart.

Now the deal can be swap 13 and 15, get picks 42, 43, and TE Jeremy Ruckert and I'd be in.

Packers with picks 13, 42, 43, and 45 would be very fun for draft fans.

I'd still prefer Jeremiah Johnson I think because he might be a stud. But whatevs. This can be fun.
My thinking is that it was a move to meet the Packer demands and a deal is imminent. Why would they sign a WR on the same day they trade one away? I think Moore is better - could be a cap move, but I think they needed another 2nd rounder.

I think the trade is completed in a day or two.

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

And my thinking? We get both 2nd rounders.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

AmishMafia wrote:
23 Mar 2023 07:31
And my thinking? We get both 2nd rounders.
That would be OK with me

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

If this saga has done anything, it's really seemed to unite Packer fans, something nearly impossible to do, against the obnoxiousness and stupidity of these awful Jets fans on twitter.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

go pak go wrote:
23 Mar 2023 06:48
YoHoChecko wrote:
23 Mar 2023 06:46
TheSkeptic wrote:
Muahahahaha. The Jets are geniuses.
It's truly genius. See, they know our 3rd rounders are always busts, so by offering a phantom 3rd, they're essentially giving us $800,000.

“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

One of my fav episodes, but this is good.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

That was fantastic.

Also, I LOOOOOVE how the Office would make Michael Scott at a blubbering idiot for the exception of those rare times in sales meetings (Chili's) or negotiations where his absolute genius comes out.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
24 Mar 2023 10:20
That was fantastic.

Also, I LOOOOOVE how the Office would make Michael Scott at a blubbering idiot for the exception of those rare times in sales meetings (Chili's) or negotiations where his absolute genius comes out.
The reason the American version works better than the British version to me is that they show those moments where you understand how/why he got his job in the first place.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Mar 2023 10:27
go pak go wrote:
24 Mar 2023 10:20
That was fantastic.

The reason the American version works better than the British version to me is that they show those moments where you understand how/why he got his job in the first place.
And to add to that, the adjustment to Michael after season 1 to pull back on the jerk Michael Scott by sprinkling in "awe Micheal" moments.

The show would have failed if they purely kept the Michael from season 1.

It's the same with the Simpsons. Homer Simpson was so much more loveable until about Season 8 or so when Jerk Homer arrived.
Yoop wrote:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Is it just me, or is it a bit presumptuous to assume the Jets are the only team in play with Rodgers?

I mean, everything related to the Packers behavior surrounding the Rodgers deal suggests there is more than one legitimate suitor. Yes, Gute and Co. would like to provide Rodgers his preferred amicable departure but I wonder if Gute's steadfast refusal to trade him at a bargain rate has more to do with other options available and less to do with being the incompetent fool described by some members here on this forum and "experts" all over Twitter...?

Just a thought...

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
24 Mar 2023 11:32
Is it just me, or is it a bit presumptuous to assume the Jets are the only team in play with Rodgers?

I mean, everything related to the Packers behavior surrounding the Rodgers deal suggests there is more than one legitimate suitor. Yes, Gute and Co. would like to provide Rodgers his preferred amicable departure but I wonder if Gute's steadfast refusal to trade him at a bargain rate has more to do with other options available and less to do with being the incompetent fool described by some members here on this forum and "experts" all over Twitter...?

Just a thought...
That would certainly be entertaining to go through all this and hear the actual trade is a 2023 1st and 2024 2nd and Rodgers is a Falcon.
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
24 Mar 2023 11:41
APB wrote:

Just a thought...
That would certainly be entertaining to go through all this and hear the actual trade is a 2023 1st and 2024 2nd and Rodgers is a Falcon.
I am so spiteful at stupid jets fans right, I would love nothing more than just to our of the blue trade Rodgers to like the Patriots for a decent haul, and watch the Jets just implode.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

APB wrote:

Just a thought...
Rodgers explicitly said there were conversations with multiple teams. Now, Rodgers saying he wants to be a Jet (or intends to be) narrows that situation. But yes, the way Gutey is playing it, it does seem like he might know there is at least one viable team, if not a couple, that might step in and backstop them if he can't make this work with the Jets.

The only thing that makes me think that's not the case is that the Packers have not been as good at containing leaks under Gutey as they were under TT; seems like less of a point of emphasis for this administration. So if it were the case, something might get out.

unrelated, Boomer Esiason on his radio show hinted that he had inside information that Rodgers would be willing to take less money for the Jets once he's traded. He muttered under his breath that "I think Jets fans will be happy with what he wants" after mentioning that the ability to sign Odell will come down to money and how much Rodgers costs/takes. (He was speaking on a report that he "believes" Joe Douglas had a phone conversation with Odell the previous day.

Not sure how reliable Boomer or his sources are, but he was speaking as if from a place of knowledge in a sort of wink-nod fashion

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I don't think there's another team; I think Rodgers's market is very, very dry (it honestly probably just starts and ends with NYJ).

We do know that one team, Carolina, came calling, but they have since made moves that take them out of the running (traded for #1 overall, signed Andy Dalton). I feel like if there was another team, we would know.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto