Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

One of my favorite draft and now free agent targets off the market, sadly. Wish him well

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

YoHoChecko wrote:
22 Mar 2023 18:33
Wish him well
Damn, that's a gut punch. Hope he kicks ass in his treatment and recovery
IT. IS. TIME

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BSA wrote:
22 Mar 2023 18:49
YoHoChecko wrote:
22 Mar 2023 18:33
Wish him well
Damn, that's a gut punch. Hope he kicks ass in his treatment and recovery
His thoughts exactly

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Super &%$@ for Foster, hope he kicks it’s ass.

Side note on that. He was taking a physical with the Saints? I mean, when they get a new GM in like 2-3 years, they might end up starting with like 150M in dead cap their first year. :lol:

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

BF004 wrote:
22 Mar 2023 21:14
the Saints? I mean, when they get a new GM in like 2-3 years, they might end up starting with like 150M in dead cap their first year. :lol:
Loomis knows where the bodies are buried ? Its the only explanation for his continued malfeasance
IT. IS. TIME

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Ezekiel Elliott said that he wants to play for the Eagles, Jets, or Bengals. Sigh.

Another star who wants to choose his team? I know it isn’t really a thing for players to desire to be on specific teams, especially the established and late-career guys. I don’t really have an issue with that. But what I do wonder is whether the press is spring boarding from the Aaron Rodgers “I want to play with the Jets” thing and now making that a theme that they report about other athletes.

Let Zeke play wherever he wants, as long as it isn’t Green Bay. But I wish the press would spend more time avoiding click bait like this.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Scott4Pack wrote:
23 Mar 2023 17:28
Ezekiel Elliott said that he wants to play for the Eagles, Jets, or Bengals. Sigh.

Another star who wants to choose his team? I know it isn’t really a thing for players to desire to be on specific teams, especially the established and late-career guys. I don’t really have an issue with that. But what I do wonder is whether the press is spring boarding from the Aaron Rodgers “I want to play with the Jets” thing and now making that a theme that they report about other athletes.

Let Zeke play wherever he wants, as long as it isn’t Green Bay. But I wish the press would spend more time avoiding click bait like this.
The Jets salary cap situation is starting to draw comparisons to the Saints. Where is this money coming from; they were not flush and now they're talking about signing Odell after Lazard and Hardman and re-signing some of their own guys and adding a couple low-level guys. Gonna be a wild maneuver. Certainly makes me not want to help them out on Rodgers' salary if they can afford all this.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
23 Mar 2023 18:10
Scott4Pack wrote:

The Jets salary cap situation is starting to draw comparisons to the Saints. Where is this money coming from; they were not flush and now they're talking about signing Odell after Lazard and Hardman and re-signing some of their own guys and adding a couple low-level guys. Gonna be a wild maneuver. Certainly makes me not want to help them out on Rodgers' salary if they can afford all this.
If I'm Gute, the more they go "all-in", the deeper the heels get dug in as far as Rodgers trade compensation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yikes

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
23 Mar 2023 18:10
Scott4Pack wrote:

the Jets are going all in to win NOW, and they should, if your willing to bring in Rodgers, then ya have to also bring in offensive impact players, we skimped on players that score points and what did it get us?

I applaud what the Jets are doing, there fans should be as well, if what there doing doesn't succeed yes there will be a reckoning, but at least they went all in with there attempt.

they also have to appear to be finagling for the best deal possible from us with Rodgers, or they would lose respect across the GM table, when the dust clears I expect both sides to compromise a little and seal the deal.

The Jets are doing what I wish we'd have done, improve the probability of a high scoring and quick strike offense by acquiring players capable of doing it :clap:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I think most would be willing to agree they downgraded at WR by adding Hardman and trading Moore.

That leaves their big all-in move so far, moving to this quick strike offense, by adding…. checks notes… Alan Lazard.

:munch:

Is there something else they’ve done that would make you think they are adding all these pieces on offense to make a quick strike offense?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
24 Mar 2023 09:13
I think most would be willing to agree they downgraded at WR by adding Hardman and trading Moore.

That leaves their big all-in move so far, moving to this quick strike offense, by adding…. checks notes… Alan Lazard.

Is there something else they’ve done that would make you think they are adding all these pieces on offense to make a quick strike offense?
Moore was a head case and not in there plans, and they already have a pretty good situation at WR with Wilson, Mims, Hardeman, Lazard, and Scott, and now there trying to sign OJB, that seems like a potent group even without OJB.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
24 Mar 2023 10:21
BF004 wrote:
24 Mar 2023 09:13

Moore was a head case and not in there plans, and they already have a pretty good situation at WR with Wilson, Mims, Hardeman, Lazard, and Scott, and now there trying to sign OJB, that seems like a potent group even without OJB.
Me trying to figure out your calculus of what a potent WR group is compared to a 3 stooges WR group.

Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Adams, MVS, Lazard > Wilson, Hardman, Lazard ??

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
24 Mar 2023 12:19
Adams, MVS, Lazard > Wilson, Hardman, Lazard ??
Yes, >>>, but that was an MVP year

For me it's really Wilson, Lazard, Hardman vs. Watson, Lazard, Doubs :idn:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I feel like this post is supposed to be positive, but man that's a lot of JAGs

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Mar 2023 12:51

All that to go 8-9…and win the NFC South.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

YoHoChecko wrote:
Agreed
Isn't that pretty typical for a 1st year of new regime ?
Bring in veteran JAGs to hold the fort while you implement your system and re-do the roster ?
IT. IS. TIME

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BSA wrote:
24 Mar 2023 13:06
YoHoChecko wrote:
Agreed
Isn't that pretty typical for a 1st year of new regime ?
Bring in veteran JAGs to hold the fort while you implement your system and re-do the roster ?
Maybe. But I think the Texans are doing that model WAY better, if it's even the same model

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Apparently DJ Fluker got his weight problems under control, looks the best he ever has, and worked out at the Alabama Pro Day and got some interest.

I would not be opposed to giving him a 1-year flier to compete for our RT spot, but not if it involves guaranteed money. Would be a wild comeback story.