Love SZN: Official Thread of QB1.

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Watson says "the young guys" met with Jordan Love weekly down the stretch last season to go through developmental things and get a QB's perspective on the playbook as they learned and they spent a lot of time outside of official meetings and practices together on the playbook. Saya there's a high level of comfort there already.

Full interview (17 minutes)

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

:hail: :lombardi:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Screenshot_20230324-100025.png
Screenshot_20230324-100025.png (1.03 MiB) Viewed 400 times
:hail:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

^ the screen to Deguara that went the distance ( 62 yds) was a beauty.
Its prominently featured in the article scott4pack posted

https://zonecoverage.com/2023/packers/j ... ers-didnt/
IT. IS. TIME

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

more from Zone Coverage on Packers OL and how that will help out Love

https://zonecoverage.com/2023/packers/g ... -ol-depth/

"...That’s why the Jordan Love era is set to start under a good line situation, both in the short- and long-term.

According to PFF metrics, the Packers are expected to have the second-best pass-protecting offensive line in football in 2023, right after the Philadelphia Eagles.

For fun: taking the 5 currently listed Ourlads starters for each team at face value and to guess where teams might have OL needs in the draft (projection based on exponential decay function of PFF pass block grade) pic.twitter.com/R3wSLxXIQe

— Computer Cowboy (@benbbaldwin) March 21, 2023

But the most impressive factor is how good the Packers line is if we apply the weak-link logic. According to PFF’s projection, right tackle Tom is the weakest link for Green Bay, and he’s in the 74th percentile at the position. No other team has the weakest link graded that high. For example, the Eagles have right guard Cam Jurgens in the 71st percentile.

The Chicago Bears, for instance, don’t have any offensive linemen beyond the 71st percentile. The worst Packers starting lineman is a better pass protector than the Bears best one — left guard Cody Whitehair."

IT. IS. TIME

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Our RT competition is already going to be fascinating and we haven't even seen if there's a draft pick involved.

I just have this sneaky feeling that Caleb Jones is going to come back at like 345 or 350 and a new man and make a push for it, but also that's a wild thing to rely on.

Tom, to me, is more LT/C. Unless he adds a lot of functional strength. I think an OL with Bakh, Jenkins, Myers, JRJ, and Tom would get VERY little push in the run game, collectively.

But hey, what do we know? Nothing! Player development is a multiverse of outcomes! We have so much youth and potential, and also nothing proven. I mean, Yosh is fine, but I feel similarly about the run blocking with him.

This is a very different topic than Love, of course, but I absolutely adore working through the permutations of how our OL could go this year. Sometimes, though, it does feel a little hopey/wishy/fantasy in terms of potential versus the present

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

BF004 wrote:
24 Mar 2023 08:49

Ya know, I love Love and have high hopes for him. But that’s just a cherry-picked stat, I’m thinking. We didn’t see Love experience highs and lows. I’d feel more convinced of that if he had at least 100 throws or more.

But again, I do think he’s going to be fine. Maybe better than fine.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

BSA wrote:
24 Mar 2023 13:04
more from Zone Coverage on Packers OL and how that will help out Love

https://zonecoverage.com/2023/packers/g ... -ol-depth/

"...That’s why the Jordan Love era is set to start under a good line situation, both in the short- and long-term.

According to PFF metrics, the Packers are expected to have the second-best pass-protecting offensive line in football in 2023, right after the Philadelphia Eagles.

For fun: taking the 5 currently listed Ourlads starters for each team at face value and to guess where teams might have OL needs in the draft (projection based on exponential decay function of PFF pass block grade) pic.twitter.com/R3wSLxXIQe

— Computer Cowboy (@benbbaldwin) March 21, 2023

But the most impressive factor is how good the Packers line is if we apply the weak-link logic. According to PFF’s projection, right tackle Tom is the weakest link for Green Bay, and he’s in the 74th percentile at the position. No other team has the weakest link graded that high. For example, the Eagles have right guard Cam Jurgens in the 71st percentile.

The Chicago Bears, for instance, don’t have any offensive linemen beyond the 71st percentile. The worst Packers starting lineman is a better pass protector than the Bears best one — left guard Cody Whitehair."

That is a very good stat. It increases our confidence. And I do think that we have seen that with out own eyes and believe it.

The reason that matters is because, if Love gets his clean 3 seconds in the pocket as a norm, he will get the quick throws out and on target. As a foundation, he has every reason to succeed, as long as our OLine doesn’t go through a plethora of injuries like they began 2022.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Scott4Pack wrote:
24 Mar 2023 14:24
But that’s just a cherry-picked stat, I’m thinking.
Of course it is. Most of em are; but its still cool to see it during a reg season game.
IT. IS. TIME

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

over all the OL got a great grade, but we do have breakdowns run blocking, I remember reading this a while back and here it is again with the Athletic, not sure if anyones seen this yet, they grade every position, heres the RB's

Green Bay ranked fifth in the NFL in offensive EPA per rush, seventh in (lowest) percentage of rushing attempts resulting in zero or negative yards and fifth in offensive rush success percentage, but just 19th in yards after contact per rush. Even so, Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon showed why they are one of the best running back tandems in the NFL, combining for 2,492 yards from scrimmage and 14 touchdowns. Jones needs to secure the ball better, though, as his five fumbles tied for the second-most among running backs behind only Derrick Henry’s six. (Jones lost three of them, tied for third-most among RBs.)

https://theathletic.com/4092756/2023/01 ... port-card/

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Is Jordan Love the first Green Bay starting QB to ever sport the newer generation helmet chin strap?
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

go pak go wrote:
24 Mar 2023 15:24
Is Jordan Love the first Green Bay starting QB to ever sport the newer generation helmet chin strap?
Never mind. Scott Tolzein sported it. And Seneca Wallace.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Honestly, right or wrong, it’s really fun to have unabashed excitement for the possible upside of our new QB. Like just a delightful joy to look at it all through green and gold glasses and allow yourself to imagine the best case scenarios based in reality.

I know there are naysayers, but 15 years ago it was such a vehement rejection of the new. It’s so fun to greet Love with an enthusiastic and optimistic embrace.

I know it might not work out. But I’m ready to get hurt again. :heart:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Scott4Pack wrote:
24 Mar 2023 14:24
BF004 wrote:
24 Mar 2023 08:49

Ya know, I love Love and have high hopes for him. But that’s just a cherry-picked stat, I’m thinking. We didn’t see Love experience highs and lows. I’d feel more convinced of that if he had at least 100 throws or more.

But again, I do think he’s going to be fine. Maybe better than fine.
It absolutely is. Haha. That's kind of the point.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
24 Mar 2023 15:08
over all the OL got a great grade, but we do have breakdowns run blocking, I remember reading this a while back and here it is again with the Athletic, not sure if anyones seen this yet, they grade every position, heres the RB's

Green Bay ranked fifth in the NFL in offensive EPA per rush, seventh in (lowest) percentage of rushing attempts resulting in zero or negative yards and fifth in offensive rush success percentage, but just 19th in yards after contact per rush. Even so, Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon showed why they are one of the best running back tandems in the NFL, combining for 2,492 yards from scrimmage and 14 touchdowns. Jones needs to secure the ball better, though, as his five fumbles tied for the second-most among running backs behind only Derrick Henry’s six. (Jones lost three of them, tied for third-most among RBs.)

I am not sure you realize what that quote is saying...

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Mar 2023 17:02
Honestly, right or wrong, it’s really fun to have unabashed excitement for the possible upside of our new QB. Like just a delightful joy to look at it all through green and gold glasses and allow yourself to imagine the best case scenarios based in reality.

I know there are naysayers, but 15 years ago it was such a vehement rejection of the new. It’s so fun to greet Love with an enthusiastic and optimistic embrace.

Best post in this thread not music related 😂. :beer2:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Mar 2023 17:02

The most fun years of my Packer fanhood life was 2007 - 2010. To go from seeing the resurgence of Favre to standing by Rodgers, MM and TT and then seeing them hold that Lombardi....

I am so excited to have that fresh start again.

I think there is just something to be said of not having SB or Bust expectations. I'm really excited to just take it game by game with a long game in mind.
Yoop wrote:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Mar 2023 17:12
Yoop wrote:

I am not sure you realize what that quote is saying...
Yep, it's basically substantiating the exact opposite of what he is opining... :lol:

[mention]Yoop[/mention], you may want to go back and choose another quote to fit your narrative. ;)

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Yoop wrote:
but just 19th in yards after contact per rush.
this says what we saw to often, our RB's stuffed at the LOS, stats can be misleading, the rest of that paragraph explains how good our RB's had to be to over come that 19th ranking, It's to simple to just gloss over that simply because our RB's gained 2400 yards, this also stands, and is a reason why the RB's have to shed hits south of the LOS.

The Packers might be kicking themselves for taking center Josh Myers one pick ahead of Chiefs center Creed Humphrey in the second round of the 2021 draft since Humphrey is an All-Pro and Myers, well, isn’t. Humphrey was Pro Football Focus’ top-ranked center, while Myers ranked No. 25 among those who played in at least 10 games.