Love SZN: Official Thread of QB1.

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
25 Mar 2023 10:41
Yoop wrote:
24 Mar 2023 15:08
but just 19th in yards after contact per rush.
this says what we saw to often, our RB's stuffed at the LOS, stats can be misleading, the rest of that paragraph explains how good our RB's had to be to over come that 19th ranking, It's to simple to just gloss over that simply because our RB's gained 2400 yards, this also stands, and is a reason why the RB's have to shed hits south of the LOS.

The Packers might be kicking themselves for taking center Josh Myers one pick ahead of Chiefs center Creed Humphrey in the second round of the 2021 draft since Humphrey is an All-Pro and Myers, well, isn’t. Humphrey was Pro Football Focus’ top-ranked center, while Myers ranked No. 25 among those who played in at least 10 games.
Again, you aren't understanding what that means. Yards AFTER contact. It has little to do with being stuffed at the LOS. It is all about the RBs breaking tackles as well as 2nd level blocking.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Mar 2023 13:23
Yoop wrote:
Yoop wrote:
24 Mar 2023 15:08
but just 19th in yards after contact per rush.
this says what we saw to often, our RB's stuffed at the LOS, stats can be misleading, the rest of that paragraph explains how good our RB's had to be to over come that 19th ranking, It's to simple to just gloss over that simply because our RB's gained 2400 yards, this also stands, and is a reason why the RB's have to shed hits south of the LOS.

The Packers might be kicking themselves for taking center Josh Myers one pick ahead of Chiefs center Creed Humphrey in the second round of the 2021 draft since Humphrey is an All-Pro and Myers, well, isn’t. Humphrey was Pro Football Focus’ top-ranked center, while Myers ranked No. 25 among those who played in at least 10 games.
Again, you aren't understanding what that means. Yards AFTER contact. It has little to do with being stuffed at the LOS. It is all about the RBs breaking tackles as well as 2nd level blocking.
I understand what yac means, it also points out the run blocking isn't as good as the yardage portray's, and we saw that plenty last season, our RB's do well at getting yards on there own, the 19th ranking with yac attest to that, it isn't lack of down field blocking as much as it is right at the LOS.

who do you blame for 2nd level blocking? I bet you'll blame receivers or the TE's and defend a guy like Myers.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
25 Mar 2023 13:40
Pckfn23 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

I understand what yac means, it also points out the run blocking isn't as good as the yardage portray's, and we saw that plenty last season, our RB's do well at getting yards on there own, the 19th ranking with yac attest to that, it isn't lack of down field blocking as much as it is right at the LOS.

who do you blame for 2nd level blocking? I bet you'll blame receivers or the TE's and defend a guy like Myers.
It actually doesn't point that out. If a RB gets hit at 0 yards and gains 5 or gets hit at 5 yards and gains another 5, the yards after contact are the same. You don't understand what that stat means, unfortunately.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Mar 2023 13:42
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

It actually doesn't point that out. It a RB gets hit at 0 yards and gains 5 or gets hit at 5 yards and gains another 5, the yards after contact are the same. You don't understand what that stat means, unfortunately.
your the guy that doesn't get it, as usual, you decline to believe what you see unless some stat tells you to believe it, and that makes you a ----

Yac is not the ability for a RB to break tackles, both of our RB's are very good at that, yards after contact is a very good indication that the RB was hit at, near, or behind the LOS, and the reason for the low yardage after contact, but just keep mentally masturbating this to suit whatever you want, this is why I never like discussing anything with you, just contradiction after frustrating contradiction, again you have failed to get me to believe your BS

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Wait why are we talking about running backs and their stats? In the Jordan Love love thread?

Let’s not

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

This page and half is the most yoop thing to ever yooped. :rotf: :rotf:

And thank you for that Athletic article. Makes me feel better about our offensive line and the running attack! :aok: That's exactly what you want with a young quarterback.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
25 Mar 2023 13:51
Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Mar 2023 13:42
Yoop wrote:

It actually doesn't point that out. It a RB gets hit at 0 yards and gains 5 or gets hit at 5 yards and gains another 5, the yards after contact are the same. You don't understand what that stat means, unfortunately.
your the guy that doesn't get it, as usual, you decline to believe what you see unless some stat tells you to believe it, and that makes you a ----

Yac is not the ability for a RB to break tackles, both of our RB's are very good at that, yards after contact is a very good indication that the RB was hit at, near, or behind the LOS, and the reason for the low yardage after contact, but just keep mentally masturbating this to suit whatever you want, this is why I never like discussing anything with you, just contradiction after frustrating contradiction, again you have failed to get me to believe your BS
No, I decline to believe your ignorance. Yards AFTER Contact has a lot to do with breaking tackles. Do you not understand what contact means? It has little to do with getting hit at or near the line of scrimmage. You are confused. You are mistaken. You are wrong. You want yards BEFORE contact.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
25 Mar 2023 13:54
Wait why are we talking about running backs and their stats? In the Jordan Love love thread?

Let’s not
it started to stem off because PFF OL grades which showed a 8th ranking for our run blocking and #2 in pass pro which should benefit Love, the run blocking imho is mis leading, but of course others here refuse to accept that, they seem to think 19th yac ranking has nothing to do with the OL, and to me that is laugh out loud insane :thwap:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
25 Mar 2023 14:37
YoHoChecko wrote:
25 Mar 2023 13:54

Let’s not
it started to stem off because PFF OL grades which showed a 8th ranking for our run blocking and #2 in pass pro which should benefit Love, the run blocking imho is mis leading, but of course others here refuse to accept that, they seem to think 19th yac ranking has nothing to do with the OL, and to me that is laugh out loud insane :thwap:
You obviously can't understand the difference between BEFORE and AFTER. 5 yards BEFORE contact means the line blocked well enough that the RB didn't get hit before gaining 5 yards. 5 yards AFTER contact can be a 5 yard gain or a 50 yard gain. Meaning the line has little to do with it.

And it all stems from you bringing stats and information you don't understand and trying to wrongly fit it into your narrative. You are right though, it is laugh out loud insane.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

A lot of people out in the media world quoting MLF's "temper expectations comment" and not finishing the quote. He said to temper expectations and that, "certainly, I think we’re fooling ourselves if we think he’s going to go out there and perform at a level of the likes of Aaron Rodgers. This guy is a once-in-a-lifetime, a generational talent."

That's where most pieces I see are stopping the quote. But he continued, "I don’t think it necessarily started that way when he first started, but he progressed to that." MLF reminded everyone that Rodgers did not start out as an irreplaceable once-in-a-generation talent in the very same breath that he asked people to temper expectations for Love in year one and said his play would be a "progression."

Just felt worth emphasizing.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
28 Mar 2023 15:33
A lot of people out in the media world quoting MLF's "temper expectations comment" and not finishing the quote. He said to temper expectations and that, "certainly, I think we’re fooling ourselves if we think he’s going to go out there and perform at a level of the likes of Aaron Rodgers. This guy is a once-in-a-lifetime, a generational talent."

That's where most pieces I see are stopping the quote. But he continued, "I don’t think it necessarily started that way when he first started, but he progressed to that." MLF reminded everyone that Rodgers did not start out as an irreplaceable once-in-a-generation talent in the very same breath that he asked people to temper expectations for Love in year one and said his play would be a "progression."

Just felt worth emphasizing.
Good reason Guty was less then candid and sat on the fence with Rodgers, He knows Rodgers is better then his play showed last season, and so do I, that comment from Lafleur to temper expectations has been my opinion about this all along, I also have been the guy, (along with You and a few others) that Love is not a bust till he actually proves it in real games, but there is about a 50/50 chance he is one or struggles when the pass rush is intense, only seeing is believing, we have to show some patience.

even so, I still think this team can win 10 games.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Yoop wrote:
28 Mar 2023 16:18
I also have been the guy, that Love is not a bust till he actually proves it in real games, but there is about a 50/50 chance he is one or struggles when the pass rush is intense, only seeing is believing.
I'm very happy to inform you Yoop - There is no longer a 50/50 chance Jordan Love busts. That might have been true on draft day
But I'd guess its about 5 % going into 2023 - and that's only because of a career-ending injury.

When the Packers extend Love in 2023 - the same fans who said it was too early for Rodgers will probably say its too early to bet on Love.
Conversely, waiting costs more. A lot more. Love's patience will be rewarded. My guess is they'll exercise the option in May, confirm their assessments early in reg season and commence a long-term contract discussion with Jordan and David Dunn.

I also didn't know there were 4 different levels of 5th year option till I looked it up, Love would be in the lowest given his lack of play time

https://overthecap.com/fifth-year-option-projections
IT. IS. TIME

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BSA wrote:
28 Mar 2023 17:44
Yoop wrote:
I also have been the guy, that Love is not a bust till he actually proves it in real games, but there is about a 50/50 chance he is one or struggles when the pass rush is intense, only seeing is believing.
I'm very happy to inform you Yoop - There is no longer a 50/50 chance Jordan Love busts. That might have been true on draft day
But I'd guess its about 5 % going into 2023 - and that's only because of a career-ending injury.

When the Packers extend Love in 2023 - the same fans who said it was too early for Rodgers will probably say its too early to bet on Love.
Conversely, waiting costs more. A lot more. Love's patience will be rewarded. My guess is they'll exercise the option in May, confirm their assessments early in reg season and commence a long-term contract discussion with Jordan and David Dunn.

I also didn't know there were 4 different levels of 5th year option till I looked it up, Love would be in the lowest given his lack of play time

how many QB's have we seen fail once they become the starter? tons, maybe the odds are less then 50/50, but it's premature to think he's a sure thing, I think Gute will wait till Love plays half the season at least to extend his rookie contract, I would, a lot depends on the protection he gets, and how well these receivers separate, I really hope this OL give him great protection, imho pressure is the biggest reason young QB's fail :idn:

4 levels of 5th year options, haaaa, never heard that before either.lol.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BSA wrote:
28 Mar 2023 17:44
Yoop wrote:

I’ve been predicting a new 3 year deal, worth about 60-65 million.

With a solid 25-30M guaranteed.

Basically the cost of this year, 5th year option, and a franchise tag year.

Packers prolly get an easy out after 2 years, extra year of franchise control if he hits, limits media distractions.

Jordan basically gets the same money in 3 years if he is actually good under current circumstance. He just get to put a good 25-30 in his pocket today, which would roughly be his salary this year and next on 5th year option.

Basically Packers get to cut the distraction and get and extra year of control, Jordan gets paid today instead of 18 months from now.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Yoop wrote:
28 Mar 2023 18:07
it's premature to think he's a sure thing,
Well, I imagine there is some space between a sure thing and a bust...
You say you haven't seen enough. Understandable. However Gute, MLF, scouts, Hackett, Clements and Rodgers had 3 years with the player. He's been running the scout team for 34+ games against the Packers 1st team defense. He's played in preseason with a crappy makeshift OL . They've seen plenty. They've reviewed all that film. They know he's not a bust.

You don't know that yet, but you'll come around. ;)
IT. IS. TIME

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

:-)

Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!