Rodgers Watch 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Rodgers 2023

Poll ended at 03 Jun 2023 21:19

Retired
7%
Traded
66%
Packer
27%

Total votes: 44

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Labrev wrote:
24 Mar 2023 12:01
I don't think there's another team; I think Rodgers's market is very, very dry (it honestly probably just starts and ends with NYJ).

We do know that one team, Carolina, came calling, but they have since made moves that take them out of the running (traded for #1 overall, signed Andy Dalton). I feel like if there was another team, we would know.
I think the Patriots are a very interesting possibility. The Packers FO has had an ongoing relationship with Belichick and both org’s are capable of being discreet, when necessary. The Patriots also have a team that could compete in the AFC with some competent QB play.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

APB wrote:
24 Mar 2023 12:42
I think the Patriots are a very interesting possibility.
They like to lay in the weeds vewy vewy quiet and then swoop in at the last minute. They also like to eff with the Jets ever since BB's short tenure there. In the end, it will be the Jets- it just takes a little time for the testosterone spike to wear off.
IT. IS. TIME

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

APB wrote:
24 Mar 2023 12:42
Labrev wrote:
24 Mar 2023 12:01
I don't think there's another team; I think Rodgers's market is very, very dry (it honestly probably just starts and ends with NYJ).

We do know that one team, Carolina, came calling, but they have since made moves that take them out of the running (traded for #1 overall, signed Andy Dalton). I feel like if there was another team, we would know.
I think the Patriots are a very interesting possibility. The Packers FO has had an ongoing relationship with Belichick and both org’s are capable of being discreet, when necessary. The Patriots also have a team that could compete in the AFC with some competent QB play.
I know NE is desperate for a QB, but I still question if a guy like Rodgers, who has recently been rumored to have not put in the work this past season, is a fit with Belichick and his Patriot Way culture.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

Worst case scenarios if the Rodgers trade doesn’t happen (to the Jets).

The Packers play Rodgers for one more year. They’ll have to exercise Love’s 5th year option to retain him. The Packers will have more cap room to sign a free agent or two. Love is pissed for awhile and the most of the fans wont be happy…unless the Packers win a bunch of games.

The Jets only other option for a high level QB would be Lamar Jackson. They’d have to give up two #1 picks but he is still young and could theoretically play for many years. As long as he could stay healthy. Which is a concern because he’s a running QB. It’s either Jackson or go through another season with Zach Wilson. They could sign a veteran qb to mentor Wilson and then if 2023 doesn't work out, back to square one next year.

Neither side would be “happy” however it’s not the end of the world. And I’m sure both GMs are trying to figure other alternatives to the trade as we speak.
Love is the answer…

wizard 87
Reactions:

Post by wizard 87 »

Rodgers won't play in Green bay again, that ship has sailed now. They trade him or he retires. The next time he's in Lambeau on Packer business they retire his number.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

wizard 87 wrote:
24 Mar 2023 19:51
Rodgers won't play in Green bay again, that ship has sailed now. They trade him or he retires. The next time he's in Lambeau on Packer business they retire his number.
Yeah. He won’t return to GB at this point for mostly justifiable reasons. If it doesn’t work with the Jets trade or somehow another team, he will personally want to retire. And at this point, what he has said is that he would be fine with that.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I was chatting with a friend and he mentioned a “what if” that included Denver on the AR12/Jets trade. What if…

1. Packers get 2023 2nd from Jets and Jeudy from Broncos. Also get 2024 2nd from Jets.
2. Denver gets 2024 2nd from Jets. (They say that demand a 1st for Jeudy.)
3. Jets get AR12.

I would be in on this if:
1. We still swap 13 and 15.
2. That 2024 2nd is a conditional that can become a 1 if AR12 plays 100 snaps in 2023.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Jets spent the 1st pick of the draft on Sam Darnold - That's 3000 points on the trade chart
Jets spent the 2nd pick of the draft on Zach Wilson - That's 2600 points on the trade chart

Can't see any reason why the Packers should take less for a 4 time MVP and Super Bowl MVP . :mrgreen:
IT. IS. TIME

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

wizard 87 wrote:
Never say never
Love is the answer…

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I Wouldn’t be greedy. Demand the 1 and move on.

It should be known by all that rodgers goes to highest 1 offered. Take it or leave it.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Swap 1st, get both 2nds, and give them back Rodgers and a 4th.

Jets can trade their way into a late 1st and go after Jackson which is honesty a better deal for them.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Labrev wrote:
25 Mar 2023 19:47
We know how this will work. The Jets hold firm until the draft and Gute will take any crumbs offered because he wants a pick this year to help Love. This is what happens when your leadership is weak and bad at their job. He did that bad contract and made the huge error of drafting Love to begin with. He and Murphy have made the mistake of essentially saying they don't want AR back. Jets have all the leverage.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I’m still amazed that a GM who brought 3 NFCCGs and had an amazing draft last year could be called bad. Sad really.

That said, I think that the Pack should ask for a 1st or 2nd (plus swap 13 and 15) simply because it’s a 2x-recent MVP the Jets are wanting. Either that or they pay 100% of AR12s contract. Then, add a 2nd conditional pick in 2024. I think that GB is totally justifiable to ask that and to wait for the draft (or beyond) and win the waiting game.

That’s what I would ask, at least, as the GM. But as a fan, I could be totally satisfied with 43 this year and a conditional next year, along with the Jets paying 50% of his contract. Can’t forget that part.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Scott4Pack wrote:
26 Mar 2023 10:12
I’m still amazed that a GM who brought 3 NFCCGs and had an amazing draft last year could be called bad. Sad really.

That said, I think that the Pack should ask for a 1st or 2nd (plus swap 13 and 15) simply because it’s a 2x-recent MVP the Jets are wanting. Either that or they pay 100% of AR12s contract. Then, add a 2nd conditional pick in 2024. I think that GB is totally justifiable to ask that and to wait for the draft (or beyond) and win the waiting game.

That’s what I would ask, at least, as the GM. But as a fan, I could be totally satisfied with 43 this year and a conditional next year, along with the Jets paying 50% of his contract. Can’t forget that part.
So you want the Packers to pay an additional $30 million just to ship Aaron Rodgers off? We better get a WHOLE lot more than 43 and a conditional pick to do that.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

Foosball wrote:
25 Mar 2023 19:05
wizard 87 wrote:
Never say never
A part of me would like to see him have come back now that he talked the Jets into signing away his favorite WR.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

I actually had a thought this morning, just a wild "what if" moment.

What if during an off season work out next week Jordan Love tears his ACL. Do the Packers say "Hey Aaron, deal is off. You're playing for us" or do they still move forward without him? And in that case would Rodgers just retire?

Would be an awful scenario and a crazy one for sure.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Acrobat wrote:
26 Mar 2023 13:46
I actually had a thought this morning, just a wild "what if" moment.

What if during an off season work out next week Jordan Love tears his ACL. Do the Packers say "Hey Aaron, deal is off. You're playing for us" or do they still move forward without him? And in that case would Rodgers just retire?

Would be an awful scenario and a crazy one for sure.
I don't know what the Packers would do but I would still move on without 12. At this point the Packers just need to know what life is like without 12 being behind center.

But yes. The absolute worst thing to happen to the Packers is a Jordan Love season ending injury at any point this year.
Last edited by go pak go on 26 Mar 2023 14:48, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

wizard 87 wrote:
I wouldn't retire his number. Taylor and Hornung and Gregg are more deserving.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
26 Mar 2023 14:48
wizard 87 wrote:
I wouldn't retire his number. Taylor and Hornung and Gregg are more deserving.
We retired Favre‘s number who went to our divisional rival. I do not see how Rodgers does not deserve what Favre did.

But I question very much if #12 would retire assuming the trade implodes. Does he really walk away from 60 Mio. $ and retires the same year like GOAT? He‘ll be super-motivated either way, playing for us or the Jets.