2023 NFL Draft Discussion

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Bill Huber with an article on pass rusher Will McDonald IV

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/the ... round-pick

“The way that I look at it, I did martial arts, I played basketball, I wrestled, I played soccer,” he said at Iowa State’s pro day earlier this week. “I kind of took all that and made a versatile player. So, I kind of just wanted to build my own character. Then, obviously, watching T.J. Watt, Von Miller, Aaron Donald, all of them, I just kind of put everything together, and everything that they have in common is smooth and fast. So, I kind of just put it all into my own versatile player.”

McDonald weighed just 239 pounds at the Scouting Combine – he dropped a few pounds but went through drills while battling a 103-degree fever – and was up to 245 for pro day. He wants to get to 250.

IT. IS. TIME

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Andy Herman's top 32 big board... As you'll guess, it doesn't exactly follow the consensus...

Please watch the video.
Spoiler
1) QB C.J. Stroud
2) QB Bryce Young
3) QB Anthony Richardson
4) EDGE Tyree Wilson
5) EDGE Willie Anderson
6) OL Paris Johnson Jr.
7) CB Christian Gonzales
8) OL Peter Skoronski
9) QB Will Levis
10 ) CB Joey Porter Jr.
11 ) CB Devon Witherspoon
12) EDGE Nolan Smith
13) WR Jaxon Smith-Njigba
14) OL Darnell Wright
15 ) OT Broderick Jones
16 ) DL Calijah Kancey
17) RB Bijan Robinson
18) WR Jalin Hyatt
19) RB Jahmyr Gibbs
20) EDGE Van Ness
21) TE Michael Mayer
22) TE Darnelle Washington
23) TE Dalton Kincaid
24) CB Deonte Banks
25) WR Quentin Johnston
26) WR Jordan Addison
27) TE Luke Musgrave
28) DL Jalen Carter
29) EDGE Will McDonald
30) EDGE Miles Murphy
31) S Brian Branch
32) SL Bryan Bresee

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

salmar80 wrote:
27 Mar 2023 09:45
Andy Herman's top 32 big board... As you'll guess, it doesn't exactly follow the consensus...

Please watch the video.
Spoiler
1) QB C.J. Stroud
2) QB Bryce Young
3) QB Anthony Richardson
4) EDGE Tyree Wilson
5) EDGE Willie Anderson
6) OL Paris Johnson Jr.
7) CB Christian Gonzales
8) OL Peter Skoronski
9) QB Will Levis
10 ) CB Joey Porter Jr.
11 ) CB Devon Witherspoon
12) EDGE Nolan Smith
13) WR Jaxon Smith-Njigba
14) OL Darnell Wright
15 ) OT Broderick Jones
16 ) DL Calijah Kancey
17) RB Bijan Robinson
18) WR Jalin Hyatt
19) RB Jahmyr Gibbs
20) EDGE Van Ness
21) TE Michael Mayer
22) TE Darnelle Washington
23) TE Dalton Kincaid
24) CB Deonte Banks
25) WR Quentin Johnston
26) WR Jordan Addison
27) TE Luke Musgrave
28) DL Jalen Carter
29) EDGE Will McDonald
30) EDGE Miles Murphy
31) S Brian Branch
32) SL Bryan Bresee
I watched the tape, then quote to comment, and there are all the picks :thwap: I know I slam Hermy at times, but mostly I disagree with the person who brought along a Herman quote like GPG or Labrev more so then Andy :rotf: he aught to buy a cat though to lick all that fuzz of his face :rotf:

I do agree though, I think Cater will drop in this draft, to much garbage, great skills, but this kid shows a dumb side as Andy pointed out.

I read a lot of good stuff with Wilson, Van Ness, and of course Anderson, Smith too, I think all 4 will be excellent rushers.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I love Andy Herman. His commentary is excellent. His insight into the Packers organization and the way they do business and their tendencies is excellent.

That said, if I'm looking for film review of college players, there are a ton of guys I would pay way more attention to. Not saying I don't generally agree with a lot of what's said here. But it doesn't seem to be a major value add for this aspect here.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Off the top of my head, looks like another potential safety convert. 6'1" about 200 pounds, fast but mediocre change of direction. Need to read up on the guy to see about instincts and football IQ. But a thought.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
27 Mar 2023 11:33
I love Andy Herman. His commentary is excellent. His insight into the Packers organization and the way they do business and their tendencies is excellent.

That said, if I'm looking for film review of college players, there are a ton of guys I would pay way more attention to. Not saying I don't generally agree with a lot of what's said here. But it doesn't seem to be a major value add for this aspect here.
I mean just based on the time. To build top 32 big board, means you need to watch film of at least 50 players to arrive at that assessment. I can't imagine he has the time to watch actual film (not highlights) of that many players based on him having a full time job and doing a daily Packer podcast on the side.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
27 Mar 2023 13:52
YoHoChecko wrote:

I mean just based on the time. To build top 32 big board, means you need to watch film of at least 50 players to arrive at that assessment. I can't imagine he has the time to watch actual film (not highlights) of that many players based on him having a full time job and doing a daily Packer podcast on the side.
well that explains the peach fuzz, the poor guy only has time to shave every couple weeks :rotf:

I thought covering Packer football was his full time job, NO?????

either way I think he does a pretty good job, and I also think he uses game film or at least all-22, it sounded like he did extensive research on these QB's.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
27 Mar 2023 15:39
go pak go wrote:
27 Mar 2023 13:52
YoHoChecko wrote:

well that explains the peach fuzz, the poor guy only has time to shave every couple weeks :rotf:

I thought covering Packer football was his full time job, NO?????

either way I think he does a pretty good job, and I also think he uses game film or at least all-22, it sounded like he did extensive research on these QB's.
No. He has a day job. His Packer Report website and YouTube channel is very much a side hustle / part time passion.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

All About Andy
I am a dad, husband, writer, recruiter, NFL scout and die hard Packer fan. I grew up in Green Bay, WI and have been a Packer season ticket holder for as long as I can remember. I currently am a Corporate Recruiter and Operations Manager for Cellcom in Green Bay while I also write for CheeseheadTV. I am a graduate of UW-Oshkosh and have also taken courses in professional scouting via National Football Post and Sports Management Worldwide. I appear weekly on the Friday Film Room on 107.5 The Fan in Green Bay, and have been featured weekly ESPN Radio in La Crosse. I am the sole owner of the Pack-A-Day Podcast; a once-a-day Packers Podcast that publishes a new episode 365 days a year. You can find me as an analyst on "Green Bay Nation" which is a weekly TV show on WFRV in Green Bay focusing on the Green Bay Packers. I've also been a featured writer for the CheeseheadTV Draft Guide. My specialty is breaking down NFL film and scouting up and coming NFL players. I was recently voted the number one Packers blogger by ThePowerSweep.com. You can follow me on Twitter @sconniesports

https://www.andyherman.net/

have to wonder if that cellcom job requires as much time as his football stuff does

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

1st round Packers trade back a couple of spots and are able to pick both Miles Murphy and Darnell Wright

2nd round Packers trade back again and pick Luke Musgrave and Jordan Battle

I really like Jordan Battle. He may not be an athletic freak but he is athletic enough. He has good size, decent speed, and he’s a football player. Played 4 seasons at Alabama.
Love is the answer…

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

I’m thinking that Mason Crosby’s too expensive to resign. So the Packers could draft a kicker in the 7th round like Jake Moody out of Michigan.
Love is the answer…

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Here's Andy drooling over JSN for 30 minutes:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Wright and Hyatt

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
29 Mar 2023 07:23
Wright and Hyatt

And Tillman and Young

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

I am not going to do a full mock, but this is what I am thinking:

#15 Brain Branch, Safety / slot corner 6' 190 Alabama

#42 Isaiah Foskey, Pass rusher 6-5/260

#45 trade down 5+ picks and take Cedric Tillman, Possession WR, 6'3" 215 pounds. Good complement to Watson and Doubs and an eventual upgrade from Lazard

3rd round, try to move up and take the best TE available

4th and 5th, look for a RT and another safety

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Funny to watch these reps side by side between Ringo and Tillman.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

TheSkeptic wrote:
29 Mar 2023 10:09
I am not going to do a full mock, but this is what I am thinking:

#15 Brain Branch, Safety / slot corner 6' 190 Alabama

#42 Isaiah Foskey, Pass rusher 6-5/260

#45 trade down 5+ picks and take Cedric Tillman, Possession WR, 6'3" 215 pounds. Good complement to Watson and Doubs and an eventual upgrade from Lazard

3rd round, try to move up and take the best TE available

4th and 5th, look for a RT and another safety
It isn't easy to make a mock before we know if we get NY''s pick #13.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Dane Brugler is out with his Top 100 at The Athletic ( paywall)

Couple of interesting ones:
Lukas Van Ness at # 10
Nolan Smith # 11
B. Branch at # 16
M. Murphy at # 18
JSN at # 21
Darnell Washington # 32
Will McDonald # 46

I can't post the whole thing, but if anybody wants to know where Brugler rated a specific player, let me know
IT. IS. TIME

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Here's Justis Mosqueda mock

Looks like he had some fun with this one- everything but an EDGE

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2023 ... dan-battle
IT. IS. TIME