Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

APB wrote:
30 Mar 2023 15:41
Yoop wrote:
30 Mar 2023 10:40
everyone acts like I stool there last condom...
There's a visual I didn't need... :puke:
Me either. Does Yoop even understand what he posts?

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
30 Mar 2023 15:52
APB wrote:
Yoop wrote:
It's even worse if you read it as written... "Stool"
That’s what I was getting at… :puke:

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Yoop wrote:
30 Mar 2023 10:47
Half Empty wrote:
30 Mar 2023 07:50
BSA wrote:
29 Mar 2023 17:26
From 2009 through 2022, only 1 team won more regular-season games than the Packers.
And your point is...?
come on, I'am sure you can get there, do this, repeat this 25 times quickly, Aaron Rodgers, Aaron Rodgers, Aaron Rodgers, ...... :lol:

We have had one of the best QB's in the league for over a decade, along with some other talent other teams have not had, or do you think it was a result of something else? :idn:
As usual, what you say here is true, but my question to the original poster, who also stated a fact, was 'so what?'. The Pack had a great QB for a long time and won a bunch of regular season games - and, again, I ask 'what is your point?'

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Half Empty wrote:
31 Mar 2023 08:40
I ask 'what is your point?'
My point is that you are an insufferable & miserable dumbass who has nothing useful to contribute. Ever
But then I quickly realized, you're already doing a magnificent job of proving that yourself.

Carry on
IT. IS. TIME

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

[mention]Labrev[/mention] Where did your article go?!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Pckfn23 wrote:
31 Mar 2023 10:23
@Labrev Where did your article go?!
Going to re-post, I deleted because I remembered an older conversation where a certain someone ( ;) ) vociferously denied that Rodgers has a strong tendency to eschew the middle of the field, and thought I'd post it there as a slam-dunk response.

But that took place in the Love thread; I don't want to sidetrack a thread about him to talk about Rodgers. And no need to necro an old convo.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Dusty Evely did an in-depth analysis examining whether Rodgers avoids the middle-of-the-field singificantly as compared to his peers, or whether it's a common misconception.

VERDICT: yes, Rodgers avoids the middle of the field BIG TIME....
https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-pac ... 207552129/

Come at me, Rodgers Trolls. :box:
—Magneto

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I found 67 QBs who have attempted at least 100 non-RPOs passes past the LOS since the start of 2019. Of those 67 QBs, Aaron Rodgers was 65th at targeting the middle of the field. To give you a sense of the difference, the king of targeting the middle of the field during that time is Jimmy Garoppolo, who targeted the middle of the field on 58.4% of his passes. So the difference between Aaron Rodgers and the #1 QB on this list is 23 percentage points. Put another way, Rodgers attempted ~14 fewer passes per game over the middle of the field than Jimmy Garoppolo.

I could dive more in-depth, but they're all different ways to tell the same story. No matter how you slice it - no matter what depth of the middle of the field you're looking at - Rodgers has performed better than the rest of the league when he targets the middle of the field, but he targets the field at a much lower clip than the rest of the league.
Really good dive into the heart of the debate. Nice find [mention]Labrev[/mention]
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

BSA wrote:
31 Mar 2023 10:02
Half Empty wrote:
My point is that you are an insufferable & miserable dumbass who has nothing useful to contribute. Ever
But then I quickly realized, you're already doing a magnificent job of proving that yourself.

Carry on
Fair enough. However, in order to not contribute anything useful to your factoid, I was wondering if you think winning a bunch of regular season games in a good thing, not so, a point for or against players/coaches/management or something else entirely.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

TheSkeptic wrote:
30 Mar 2023 17:04
APB wrote:
Yoop wrote:
Me either. Does Yoop even understand what he posts?
a spelling error, shame on me, foolishness concerning a first ballot HOF QB, and what he's meant to this team is foolishness from you.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Half Empty wrote:
31 Mar 2023 11:54
BSA wrote:
Half Empty wrote:

Carry on
Fair enough. However, in order to not contribute anything useful to your factoid, I was wondering if you think winning a bunch of regular season games in a good thing, not so, a point for or against players/coaches/management or something else entirely.
winning any freaking game is a good thing, and there are to many variables involved to lay blame on any one thing for any loss.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
31 Mar 2023 10:32
Dusty Evely did an in-depth analysis examining whether Rodgers avoids the middle-of-the-field singificantly as compared to his peers, or whether it's a common misconception.

VERDICT: yes, Rodgers avoids the middle of the field BIG TIME....
https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-pac ... 207552129/

Come at me, Rodgers Trolls. :box:
It's horse manure from a turd shovel'er, I don't have to look up any stats to know if ya don't have a seam shredding TE or slot receiver then less passes will be thrown into traffic, go look up stats where Lazard has caught most of his passes, or even Doubs and Watson last season.

or go look up where Nelson and Cobb caught most of theres in 2014.

and your the Rodgers troll :box: every post is a diss directed at either Rodgers or myself and others who aren't as ignorant as you, and I will be laughing at you as Rodgers reverts back to MVP form because he finally has a decent group of receivers :box:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
31 Mar 2023 12:54
I don't have to look up any stats to know if ya don't have a seam shredding TE or slot receiver then less passes will be thrown into traffic,
We didn't have a slot receiver? The study begins with 2019. So, three seasons in which we had Davante Adams, and one without. We used Adams VERY heavily in the slot, it was arguably his best position.

And for the one year we did not have Adams or the occasions he was not in the slot, what the hell was Cobb, the guy who Rodgers forced us to trade for? I mean, yeah, it probably had more to do with Rodgers wanting to pal it up with his buddy than Cobb being a worthwhile receiving target, but still.

Nope, sorry, this excuse does not fly. If Adams and Cobb didn't get him to stop throwing over the middle significantly less (on average) than his peers at QB, nothing will.

Rodgers CONFIRMED middle-of-field ignorer. You DEFINITIVELY lost this debate!

go look up stats where Lazard has caught most of his passes, or even Doubs and Watson last season.
Wait, what happened to "you don't have to look up any stats" -? :rotf:

Also, you are contradicting yourself. Here you are claiming Lazard, Doubs, Watson caught most of their passes over the middle, arguing that the findings from what I posted is wrong. Yet earlier you are saying, of course he didn't pass over the middle, he didn't have a good slot receiver (false) or a seam-busting TE... so, in effect, you would be admitting that the findings of what I posted is actually correct, but that the fault does not lie with Rodgers.

Can't have it both ways.

Right, because there's no difference between Rodgers in 2022 versus 2014, almost a decade earlier; Rodgers is immune from age! He can run around and throw just as good as then! Cobb too, he's as spry in his mid-20s as he is now in his 30s!

Sorry, 2014 means F-all today. If he threw more over the middle in 2014 (not established as a fact) it would have more to do with the fact that he had the legs to do his scramble drill type play effectively (which is not the case anymore because he has lost a step in foot-speed, even if you refuse to accept this reality) and might have thrown more passes there on broken plays.

and I will be laughing at you as Rodgers reverts back to MVP form because he finally has a decent group of receivers
Yeah sure, and I will laugh when it ends the same way as when Favre went elsewhere, whether that was not reaching the playoffs or getting there and choking. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
—Magneto

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I don't need to look up anything I don't want to see! Don't give me facts to form my opinion! Here's random nonsense to distract you from the OP!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
31 Mar 2023 13:26
Yoop wrote:
I don't have to look up any stats to know if ya don't have a seam shredding TE or slot receiver then less passes will be thrown into traffic,
We didn't have a slot receiver? The study begins with 2019. So, three seasons in which we had Davante Adams, and one without. We used Adams VERY heavily in the slot, it was arguably his best position.

And for the one year we did not have Adams or the occasions he was not in the slot, what the hell was Cobb, the guy who Rodgers forced us to trade for? I mean, yeah, it probably had more to do with Rodgers wanting to pal it up with his buddy than Cobb being a worthwhile receiving target, but still.

Nope, sorry, this excuse does not fly. If Adams and Cobb didn't get him to stop throwing over the middle significantly less (on average) than his peers at QB, nothing will.

go look up stats where Lazard has caught most of his passes, or even Doubs and Watson last season.

Also, you are contradicting yourself. Here you are claiming Lazard, Doubs, Watson caught most of their passes over the middle, arguing that the findings from what I posted is wrong. Yet earlier you are saying, of course he didn't pass over the middle, he didn't have a good slot receiver (false) or a seam-busting TE... so, in effect, you would be admitting that the findings of what I posted is actually correct, but that the fault does not lie with Rodgers.

Can't have it both ways.

Right, because there's no difference between Rodgers in 2022 versus 2014, almost a decade earlier; Rodgers is immune from age! He can run around and throw just as good as then! Cobb too, he's as spry in his mid-20s as he is now in his 30s!

Sorry, 2014 means F-all today. If he threw more over the middle in 2014 (not established as a fact) it would have more to do with the fact that he had the legs to do his scramble drill type play effectively (which is not the case anymore because he has lost a step in foot-speed, even if you refuse to accept this reality) and might have thrown more passes there on broken plays.

and I will be laughing at you as Rodgers reverts back to MVP form because he finally has a decent group of receivers
Yeah sure, and I will laugh when it ends the same way as when Favre went elsewhere, whether that was not reaching the playoffs or getting there and choking. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
this BS that Rodgers doesn't throw between the hash marks is idiotic, Rodgers doesn't draw up the pass routes, nor does he select the players that do well running routes in traffic, And Rodgers asked for Cobb because there was and still is a need for a slot type receiver.

just keep twisting up comments I make to suit whatever argument your trying to make, fools like you who diss Rodgers are a hoot. :rotf:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop, I don't know how you can twist up a comment that is already inherently twisted....
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
31 Mar 2023 14:09
Labrev wrote:
31 Mar 2023 13:26
Yoop wrote:

Can't have it both ways.

this BS that Rodgers doesn't throw between the hash marks is idiotic, Rodgers doesn't draw up the pass routes, nor does he select the players that do well running routes in traffic, And Rodgers asked for Cobb because there was and still is a need for a slot type receiver.

just keep twisting up comments I make to suit whatever argument your trying to make, fools like you who diss Rodgers are a hoot. :rotf:
Here read it again, slowly:
I found 67 QBs who have attempted at least 100 non-RPOs passes past the LOS since the start of 2019. Of those 67 QBs, Aaron Rodgers was 65th at targeting the middle of the field. To give you a sense of the difference, the king of targeting the middle of the field during that time is Jimmy Garoppolo, who targeted the middle of the field on 58.4% of his passes. So the difference between Aaron Rodgers and the #1 QB on this list is 23 percentage points. Put another way, Rodgers attempted ~14 fewer passes per game over the middle of the field than Jimmy Garoppolo.

I could dive more in-depth, but they're all different ways to tell the same story. No matter how you slice it - no matter what depth of the middle of the field you're looking at - Rodgers has performed better than the rest of the league when he targets the middle of the field, but he targets the field at a much lower clip than the rest of the league.
It is starting to get really funny that the go to response for being wrong is that your words are being twisted. If your words are constantly being twisted by everyone then maybe the problem is not everyone else...

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

I left my condom on the bar stole.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Acrobat wrote:
31 Mar 2023 14:34
I left my condom on the bar stole.
Are you sure you didn't get condiments on your stole?

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Yoop wrote:
31 Mar 2023 12:44
Half Empty wrote:
31 Mar 2023 11:54
BSA wrote:

Carry on
winning any freaking game is a good thing, and there are to many variables involved to lay blame on any one thing for any loss.
As before, hard points to argue against. However, since I was never talking about variables or blaming any one thing (even giving a number of possible examples), or any loss, I'm once again at a loss to understand what you're trying to get at. Someone said the Pack was second in regular season wins over a particular period, with no indication of what that stat is supposed to mean. I asked for clarification (i.e., ?why did you say this"?), and...