Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Labrev wrote:
31 Mar 2023 10:32
Dusty Evely did an in-depth analysis examining whether Rodgers avoids the middle-of-the-field singificantly as compared to his peers, or whether it's a common misconception.

VERDICT: yes, Rodgers avoids the middle of the field BIG TIME....
https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-pac ... 207552129/

Come at me, Rodgers Trolls. :box:
I think I could count hundreds of times over the years that I wanted 12 to go to the middle and get a first down but he would heave a 30+ yard pass down the sidelines instead - incomplete.

To be fair, he has completed more of those sidelines passes than the average QB over the years. But when the game is on the line in the final minutes, sometimes you just want to see them move the chains and move downfield.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
31 Mar 2023 14:29
Yoop, I don't know how you can twist up a comment that is already inherently twisted....
to insinuate that Rodgers avoids throwing over the middle and leave out why is disingenuous, we actually do lack a receiving TE and slot receiver, however, when we did have these type receivers Rodgers got them the ball inside, Most of Big Bob Tanyons reception, all 52 of them 3 years ago where inside or just outside the hash marks.

It's in vogue now to pick apart Aaron Rodgers, and those that do are just making fools of themselves, enjoy

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Y’all we’re all rooting for the Packers here

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
31 Mar 2023 15:30
go pak go wrote:
Yoop, I don't know how you can twist up a comment that is already inherently twisted....
to insinuate that Rodgers avoids throwing over the middle and leave out why is disingenuous, we actually do lack a receiving TE and slot receiver, however, when we did have these type receivers Rodgers got them the ball inside, Most of Big Bob Tanyons reception, all 52 of them 3 years ago where inside or just outside the hash marks.

It's in vogue now to pick apart Aaron Rodgers, and those that do are just making fools of themselves, enjoy
Absolutely not. Rodgers avoiding the middle of the field is not just a 2022 thing. Rodgers avoiding the middle of the field has been a documented stat and trend for many, many years. It is a large reason why Rodgers INTs count is so low.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
31 Mar 2023 17:26
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Absolutely not. Rodgers avoiding the middle of the field is not just a 2022 thing. Rodgers avoiding the middle of the field has been a documented stat and trend for many, many years. It is a large reason why Rodgers INTs count is so low.
oh so now it's true because the pick ratio supports it, it's a product of McCarthy's spread vertical passing, so Rodgers intentionally avoiding interior passing has a lot to do with that and the lack talent that do well in traffic, I've seen Rodgers thread it between 2 DB's to Cobb, Jennings, Adams, Nelson, etc to often to ever think he's scarred of throwing in traffic, again it's attack the departing QB month, and the band wagon is over flowing :rotf: :rotf:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
31 Mar 2023 15:41
GO LOVE GO :aok:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
31 Mar 2023 17:57
go pak go wrote:
31 Mar 2023 17:26
Yoop wrote:

oh so now it's true because the pick ratio supports it, it's a product of McCarthy's spread vertical passing, so Rodgers intentionally avoiding interior passing has a lot to do with that and the lack talent that do well in traffic, I've seen Rodgers thread it between 2 DB's to Cobb, Jennings, Adams, Nelson, etc to often to ever think he's scarred of throwing in traffic, again it's attack the departing QB month, and the band wagon is over flowing :rotf: :rotf:
You got me yoop. The analysis should have never been continued by Dustin Evely.

A. He's a hack because he's a blogger and we know they don't hold a candle to your expertise. Also obviously click bait.

B. Dusty analyzed and compared the whole league. What a silly waste of time. Dusty should have just read this post and saw that out of the 520 - 600 pass attempts a year, you have seen Rodgers thread it between some DBs to "name your receiver" "often".

Checkmate Dusty.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

It's not up for debate or a matter of opinion anymore. It's fact now. In truth, it was never much of a debate to begin with, but now we have overwhelmingly compelling empirical evidence to dispel any doubt.

Rodgers is a middle-of-the-field avoider. Period. DEAL WITH IT! Saying otherwise is basically Flat Earth-caliber denialism.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Yoop wrote:
31 Mar 2023 17:57
YoHoChecko wrote:
31 Mar 2023 15:41
GO LOVE GO :aok:
I discovered a new drink (new drink for me anyway) to celebrate the 2023 home opener with Jordan Love under center. :banana:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Labrev wrote:
31 Mar 2023 19:36
It's not up for debate or a matter of opinion anymore. It's fact now. In truth, it was never much of a debate to begin with, but now we have overwhelmingly compelling empirical evidence to dispel any doubt.

Rodgers is a middle-of-the-field avoider. Period. DEAL WITH IT! Saying otherwise is basically Flat Earth-caliber denialism.
65 out of 67 over the last 3 years... Denying it and blaming it on other factors is like saying JaMarcus Russell was a HoFer but for the players and coaches around him.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Don’t care about the WHY. Fact is fact. 12 prefers to throw outside more. That cannot be argued.

If Yoop or anybody wants to discuss the WHY, fine. But they can’t throw out that data in the meanwhile.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Packers really haven't had a strong middle of the field receiving presence since Finley.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Rodgers sucks, he wont throw over the middle :rotf:

Thanks Rodgers for not being a pick queen like the former Bert Favre was :nono:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
01 Apr 2023 08:09
Rodgers sucks, he wont throw over the middle :rotf:

Thanks Rodgers for not being a pick queen like the former Bert Favre was :nono:
This is a clear representation showing you don't read posts and respond emotionally to anything you think is an attack on your narrative.

The only thing that was stated is Rodgers avoids the middle of the field. Nothing was stated that he sucks. In fact, I even correlated his avoidance to low turnover count.

But you immediately got defensive on the topic and took the conversation to places it didn't need to go.
Last edited by go pak go on 01 Apr 2023 15:23, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yeah it's so annoying how you can't state the most basic FACTs about Rodgers, some of which are pretty much common knowledge, not necessarily even good or bad in what they mean... without yoop or bud jumping down your throat and needlessly disputing everything.

Another FACT, Rodgers's unique style of play largely revolved around buying time with his legs and making plays out of pocket. FACT. Not a slight on Rodgers at all. He's hands-down the best to ever do it, to a point where opposing D-Coord's stressed the need to prevent him from rolling out.

But no, point out this simple reality in the regular course of conversation, and in comes the resident Rodgers cultists being all like:
"What?? NO!!! Why are you trying to diminish him as a guy who can't pass from the pocket?!?!?" In fact, Rodgers never scrambled in his life!! Except for the times he did but he only did that because his OL was bad! And the WRs were bad and couldn't get open! Otherwise he wanted to just pass from the pocket. But MM wouldn't let him. MLF wouldn't let him! And Gute blacklisted all the good OL and WRs in the draft and free agency! It'sssss not truuuuuu!!" :bigcry: "
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
31 Mar 2023 10:31
Going to re-post, I deleted because I remembered an older conversation where a certain someone ( ) vociferously denied that Rodgers has a strong tendency to eschew the middle of the field, and thought I'd post it there as a slam-dunk response.

But that took place in the Love thread; I don't want to sidetrack a thread about him to talk about Rodgers. And no need to necro an old convo.
this is what I responded to emotionally, Labrev used Rodgers to attack me, or what I had previously said, and if He'd simply use a little history to see that when we had players that excel at running routes in traffic with the ability to win contested passes he does throw inside the hash passes.

not going back to whenever I made the comments Labrev feels the need to respond to months later, and this blogger took a short sample of 3 seasons, zipo TE, zipo slot receiver, I'am sure Jones and Dillon make up a good portion of inside passing.

My point is when he had Finley, Bennett, Cooks, the young Cobb, I think he threw inside more, he sure isn't afraid of it as Labrev would suggest, I expect my prior response was in defense of that, hell I bet half of Lazards receptions where seam and crossing routes, same with Tonyan and probably 1/3 rd of Adams, imo this tells as much about the players we've had lately as it does Rodgers.

that game against Dallas last year, of run first and play action, 2 of Watsons TD passes where mid level crossing routes, give him players with excelaration out of there breaks and he has no problem doing that, give him a young Cobb who can separate in a 2 count and Rodgers could gut a mid level zone.

If ya lack those type players ya use more stacked sideline sets, or the bigger receivers that can win contested balls.

but I never meant, and it shouldn't have been taken to mean Rodgers and the coaches don't prefer high percentage passing towards the sideline, there safer passes, thats actually a good thing, this blogger and Labrev use this stat to crap on Rodgers. :box:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
01 Apr 2023 13:33
this is what I responded to emotionally, Labrev used Rodgers to attack me, or what I had previously said,
You're damn right. You didn't want to accept something that's basic common knowledge. Well then EAT THIS.

And no, your clarifications are bunk. No slot receiver? WRONG. He had Adams, who lined up there a lot for most of the years that this study was examining. He had Cobb. And if Cobb is no longer good enough because he's not his "young" self (I notice you cleverly moved the goalposts by saying only young Cobb counts), then guess what? That's on Rodgers for forcing us to trade for him.

You keep defending that (bad) move because Rodgers needed someone he could trust, but then suddenly he is excused from passing over the middle more because he didn't have at WR the exact same things you said was why he was right to demand Cobb in a trade. :messedup:

You're also doing the self-contradicting thing again of saying he didn't throw over the middle a lot because XYZ, but he actually did throw over the middle a lot. See, this is why I had to retaliate, such aggressive nonsense needs to be repudiated.
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
01 Apr 2023 13:33
not going back to whenever I made the comments Labrev feels the need to respond to months later, and this blogger took a short sample of 3 seasons, zipo TE, zipo slot receiver, I'am sure Jones and Dillon make up a good portion of inside passing.

My point is when he had Finley, Bennett, Cooks, the young Cobb, I think he threw inside more,
So you attack the "blogger's" sample size of 3 seasons and retaliate with the same small sample size of 6 games with Jared Cook and 2 seasons of Finley/Cobb.

I don't think Martellus Bennett can even count. His time with us was so insignificant.
Yoop wrote:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Has anyone admitted or figured out who on Packers Huddle most resembles 45? And no we're not talking about Emlen Tunnell (1959-61, Doyle Nix (1955), Dave Hathcock (1966), John Rowser (1967-69), Ervin Hunt (1970), Perry Smith (1973-76), Mike Prior (1993), Keith Crawford (1995, 1999), Kerry Cooks (1998), Derek Coombs (2003), LaVale Thomas (1987, 1988), Dexter McNabb (1992-93), Quinn Johnson (2009-10), Vince Biegel (2017) or Vai Sikahema (1991).

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I have no clue what you're even talking about, [mention]RingoCStarrQB[/mention].