Rodgers Watch 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Rodgers 2023

Poll ended at 03 Jun 2023 21:19

Retired
7%
Traded
66%
Packer
27%

Total votes: 44

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

BF004 wrote:
04 Apr 2023 07:18
Peter brings up good points. Kinda reveals some ways that Rodgers has been less than authentic/honest in his dealings with the Pack. I mean, even if Mark Murphy and Guty have been horrendous in dealing with Rodgers (they haven’t), after having such a storied career in GB, he should express more appreciation for the Packer FO. And that kind of attitude also plays into what a guy takes to the field, or doesn’t take to the field.

I’m suggesting that maybe if Rodgers would have been more humble and appreciative, he might’ve even been able to be more productive on the field and inspirational to the entire team.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Scott4Pack wrote:
04 Apr 2023 09:56
BF004 wrote:
Peter brings up good points. Kinda reveals some ways that Rodgers has been less than authentic/honest in his dealings with the Pack. I mean, even if Mark Murphy and Guty have been horrendous in dealing with Rodgers (they haven’t), after having such a storied career in GB, he should express more appreciation for the Packer FO. And that kind of attitude also plays into what a guy takes to the field, or doesn’t take to the field.

I’m suggesting that maybe if Rodgers would have been more humble and appreciative, he might’ve even been able to be more productive on the field and inspirational to the entire team.
I've said it since 2017, Rodger has been pissed because as his receivers declined to basically Adams and a bunch of low floor groomer receivers our GM's ( Ted and Gute) have basically refused to supply him with high floor prospects.

ya have to ask yourself this simple question, what does a QB do? amongst running the offense, they throw the ball, so it only stands to reason limiting that ability is bound to !@#$ a person off.

Murphy stepped in and fired McCarthy, rather then giving what McCarthy and by extension Rodgers needed to make the offense better, in essense they took the direction of the offense in a different direction, and as we know Rodgers didn't like it, but made the most of it with a 13-3 season, but his attitude ( my impression) caused Guty to draft his replacement, whether that sparked Rodgers towards two more 13 win seasons and MVP honors, who knows, but the offense revolved around the running of Jones and Dillon and the passing revolved around Rodgers and Adams, or a repeat of the passing of 2018

It shouldn't surprise anyone that Rodgers is upset and holds a grudge against those that call the shots the last 7 years, I'd be shocked if he didn't, true they can say they had the over all team in mind spending almost all resources on defense, but essentially they cropped one of the best QB's in NFL history of what he had shown over and over to be as good as any to ever play, and that was big chunk play passing, Don Coryall brought spread vertical offense to the league in the 60's and Rodgers showcased it in 2011, why would anyone of sound mind ever divert themselves from that

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Yoop wrote:
04 Apr 2023 11:15
Scott4Pack wrote:
BF004 wrote:

I've said it since 2017, Rodger has been pissed because as his receivers declined to basically Adams and a bunch of low floor groomer receivers our GM's ( Ted and Gute) have basically refused to supply him with high floor prospects.

ya have to ask yourself this simple question, what does a QB do? amongst running the offense, they throw the ball, so it only stands to reason limiting that ability is bound to !@#$ a person off.

Murphy stepped in and fired McCarthy, rather then giving what McCarthy and by extension Rodgers needed to make the offense better, in essense they took the direction of the offense in a different direction, and as we know Rodgers didn't like it, but made the most of it with a 13-3 season, but his attitude ( my impression) caused Guty to draft his replacement, whether that sparked Rodgers towards two more 13 win seasons and MVP honors, who knows, but the offense revolved around the running of Jones and Dillon and the passing revolved around Rodgers and Adams, or a repeat of the passing of 2018

It shouldn't surprise anyone that Rodgers is upset and holds a grudge against those that call the shots the last 7 years, I'd be shocked if he didn't, true they can say they had the over all team in mind spending almost all resources on defense, but essentially they cropped one of the best QB's in NFL history of what he had shown over and over to be as good as any to ever play, and that was big chunk play passing, Don Coryall brought spread vertical offense to the league in the 60's and Rodgers showcased it in 2011, why would anyone of sound mind ever divert themselves from that
This is the first time I've seen you bring up this argument.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Acrobat wrote:
04 Apr 2023 11:26
Yoop wrote:
Scott4Pack wrote:

probably because you where on hiatus from 2016 till last year

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop right now after not having said that in a few days. :lol:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Here we go

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Acrobat wrote:
04 Apr 2023 11:26
Yoop wrote:
Scott4Pack wrote:

That was an argument? 'Looks more like a novella to me... :mrgreen:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Throw in this nugget.

Packers finally 'leaking' information to the media to hurry up and push the JEts

#13for12

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

BF004 wrote:
04 Apr 2023 11:39
Here we go

"Multiple 3rd round picks"

“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

BF004 wrote:
Here we go
**snip**
About time!! Rodgers to SanFran makes more sense for both parties than any other respective QB or Team. Were they really going to delude themselves into thinking they can get away with starting Darnold for any extended period?

Now Rodgers just has to get over his grudge with a long-since-departed SanFran mgmt that snubbed him. I think he will warm up to it quickly, but you never know with him.

Cut the crap and pay up, Jets. There are no options left for you at QB. You keep $%@# around and you will find out.
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
04 Apr 2023 11:34
Yoop right now after not having said that in a few days. :lol:

2017-18, fans screaming come on Rodgers throw to the check down receivers, yes the ones your looking at, are you blind, omg whats wrong with you :rotf: :rotf: Yoop : it appears to me as though he is purposely not throwing to the check downs, he appears to be making some sort of statement, such as get me some better WR's.
Packers . net forum consensus, Yoop has lost his mind :rotf: :rotf:

PS, where is Bro, He usually contributes a lot to the draft info I crave so much :dunno:
Last edited by Yoop on 04 Apr 2023 13:38, edited 1 time in total.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Niners = smokescreen. Nothing to see there.

Pats = smokescreen…

Heck, why not throw in one more team. Raiders? Ravens? Hahahaha
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
04 Apr 2023 12:41
BF004 wrote:
Here we go
**snip**
About time!! Rodgers to SanFran makes more sense for both parties than any other respective QB or Team. Were they really going to delude themselves into thinking they can get away with starting Darnold for any extended period?

Now Rodgers just has to get over his grudge with a long-since-departed SanFran mgmt that snubbed him. I think he will warm up to it quickly, but you never know with him.

Cut the crap and pay up, Jets. There are no options left for you at QB. You keep $%@# around and you will find out.
Darnold who? the Brock is there starting QB, that name alone screams football, screams championship football :rotf:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
04 Apr 2023 13:42
Labrev wrote:
04 Apr 2023 12:41
BF004 wrote:
Here we go
**snip**

Darnold who? the Brock is there starting QB, that name alone screams football, screams championship football :rotf:
Purdy ruptured a ligament in his throwing arm. He is going to need a long time to rehab it, nobody knows when he will be healthy enough to throw, and when he is, at one point he will prepped enough to play again.

This is a second-year player we are talking about, a guy who is still learning the ropes of playing QB in the NFL, not an experienced vet QB that needs minimal coaching/prep.
—Magneto

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Labrev wrote:
04 Apr 2023 13:58
Purdy ruptured a ligament in his throwing arm. He is going to need a long time to rehab it, nobody knows when he will be healthy enough to throw, and when he is, at one point he will prepped enough to play again.
The " Rodgers now, Purdy later" plan is really kinda perfect for the 9ers. Gives Purdy more time to rehab and develop
MDs say Purdy will be good to go in August/September, but ideally you'd let him rehab without the pressure of playing
Last edited by BSA on 04 Apr 2023 14:11, edited 1 time in total.
IT. IS. TIME

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BSA wrote:
04 Apr 2023 14:07
Labrev wrote:
04 Apr 2023 13:58
The " Rodgers now, Purdy later" plan is really kinda perfect for the 9ers. Givea Purdy more time to rehab and develop
MDs say Purdy will be good to go in August/September, but ideally you'd let him rehab without the pressure of playing
And then the 9ers can trade Trey Lance to the Jets as a consolation prize

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

didn't realize Purdy was hurt, the time behind Rodgers would do him well, but what do the Niners have to give us in a trade?

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Yeah. Worth noting the 49ers do not have any picks until 100

It would have to be future picks.

But if we’re onto fallback plan teams, it’s probably after the draft anyway.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
04 Apr 2023 14:16
Yeah. Worth noting the 49ers do not have any picks until 100

It would have to be future picks.

But if we’re onto fallback plan teams, it’s probably after the draft anyway.
thats what I thought, they do have several players we might have interest in though, but I still think the Jets will do whatever it takes to get Rodgers.

the Niners and NE seem like agent rumors to me to get the Jets deal done :idn: