Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

YoHoChecko wrote:
03 Apr 2023 11:18
It's definitely a data point
Data doesn't have an opinion. We do. And so you read that data point to fit your hypothesis. You might be right. Others feel differently.
And none of us has talked to Bak- who might not even know the answer yet himself. He might want to see how 2023 goes physically, mentally and on the W/L side. Bak was quoted saying he wants to play longer, has more to accomplish. With over $100M in career earnings to date, that suggests he's interested in a Title more than a payday. As for other players and how they handle it, each has their own path in life and they made the best decision for them.

IT. IS. TIME

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BSA wrote:
03 Apr 2023 11:36
Data doesn't have an opinion. We do. And so you read that data point to fit your hypothesis. You might be right. Others feel differently.
And none of us has talked to Bak- who might not even know the answer yet himself. He might want to see how 2023 goes physically, mentally and on the W/L side. Bak was quoted saying he wants to play longer, has more to accomplish. With over $100M in career earnings to date, that suggests he's interested in a Title more than a payday. As for other players and how they handle it, each has their own path in life and they made the best decision for them.
Sure, but I've freely admitted that I don't know what it means, except for one thing.

It means that Bakhtiari prefers a decision point between himself and the Packers come after 2023 rather than after 2024. That is what he has accomplished. That's not much of an opinion; it's the only reliable outcome of the decision to turn down void years. It is forcing a conversation about the contract to happen at a certain time versus at a different time. So we can have an opinion as to why that is. But we can't deny that the decision point has been set and it appears to have been set intentionally.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

we gave him a huge 3rd contract, and he's been injured for most of it, now he's declined the last year option so he can be a UFA an d get another huge deal, adios, people complained about Rodgers contract, yet are willing to open the purse for Bahk :rotf: skip the politically correct jargon, no freaking way, we didn't groom up Nijman and Toms to play backup rolls, it's time to let them play the same way as it's time for Love, Bahk is a very expensive luxury in a room that is and will remain to get more expensive each season, if we need a tackle, if we don't trust Nijman or Toms, then use slot 15 on a ready to play tackle that will surely be available in this draft class.

I agree, we should have sent Bahk with Rodgers to the Jets, maybe we tried and they said no way just as I just did.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Yoop wrote:
03 Apr 2023 12:09
we gave him a huge 3rd contract, and he's been injured for most of it, now he's declined the last year option so he can be a UFA an d get another huge deal, adios, people complained about Rodgers contract, yet are willing to open the purse for Bahk :rotf: skip the politically correct jargon, no freaking way, we didn't groom up Nijman and Toms to play backup rolls, it's time to let them play the same way as it's time for Love, Bahk is a very expensive luxury in a room that is and will remain to get more expensive each season, if we need a tackle, if we don't trust Nijman or Toms, then use slot 15 on a ready to play tackle that will surely be available in this draft class.

I agree, we should have sent Bahk with Rodgers to the Jets, maybe we tried and they said no way just as I just did.
FWIW, Bahktiari doesn’t manipulate media in order to increase his public stature. 12 does. And sometimes, that can make all the difference if a team wants to retain them or not and put up with their issues or not.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Scott4Pack wrote:
03 Apr 2023 13:42
Yoop wrote:

FWIW, Bahktiari doesn’t manipulate media in order to increase his public stature. 12 does. And sometimes, that can make all the difference if a team wants to retain them or not and put up with their issues or not.
wha? :lol: OL don't manipulate media as well as QB's and WR's do, it's just not there nature, they are left with production doing there talking for them in most cases, Bahk was and has been a great tackle for us, I would never deny that, but I would have traded him this off season to the Jets with the eye-yah- waska Honcho for there slot 13, and both there 2nds and a 2nd next year

a lasting memory for me is Bahk and Rodgers bouncing along in the golf cart someone brought last year, two buddy's joined at the hip when it comes to contract demands, I don't expect a home town discount from Bahk after this season in any way shape or form, as I said, I think he will want max money to finish his career where ever that may be.

I can see keeping him this season though just to give Love the security that he is protected on the blind side, however, as that vid BSA brought shows, Love is a natural right side bailer, with or without left side pressure he will bolt right for no apparent reason at all :lol: I must admit the more I see of Love he reminds me of a young Aaron Rodgers

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
03 Apr 2023 14:30
Scott4Pack wrote:
03 Apr 2023 13:42
Yoop wrote:

wha? :lol: OL don't manipulate media as well as QB's and WR's do, it's just not there nature, they are left with production doing there talking for them in most cases, Bahk was and has been a great tackle for us, I would never deny that, but I would have traded him this off season to the Jets with the eye-yah- waska Honcho for there slot 13, and both there 2nds and a 2nd next year

a lasting memory for me is Bahk and Rodgers bouncing along in the golf cart someone brought last year, two buddy's joined at the hip when it comes to contract demands, I don't expect a home town discount from Bahk after this season in any way shape or form, as I said, I think he will want max money to finish his career where ever that may be.
+1
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Yoop wrote:
I would have traded him this off season to the Jets with the eye-yah- waska Honcho
IF actually Bak wanted to go to NYJ, don't you think he would ? If he stays in GB, its probably because he wanted to. At least for 2023.
Bak grew up in CA, played college at CO. Fair guess NYC is lower on his list and there's a chance AR might be gone in 1-2 seasons.
Whatever move Bak makes next, it will likely be his last. Kind of ironic that none of AR's best buddies will be with him for the final years.
( Adams/Bak/Cobb)
IT. IS. TIME

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

BSA wrote:
03 Apr 2023 15:13
Yoop wrote:
I would have traded him this off season to the Jets with the eye-yah- waska Honcho
IF actually Bak wanted to go to NYJ, don't you think he would ? If he stays in GB, its probably because he wanted to. At least for 2023.
Bak grew up in CA, played college at CO. Fair guess NYC is lower on his list and there's a chance AR might be gone in 1-2 seasons.
Whatever move Bak makes next, it will likely be his last. Kind of ironic that none of AR's best buddies will be with him for the final years.
( Adams/Bak/Cobb)
Yup. Bahk has been great. And he still is - when he gets onto the field. If he wants to play beyond 2023, I think that he and Guty will both concur that he will play elsewhere. Guty won’t want to max pay a guy whose injuries are stacking up against him. And Bahk will want one more nice contract.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Yoop wrote:
03 Apr 2023 09:45
well said Yoho, for what we've paid Bahk the last 3 seasons he aught to give us a season for free, in retrospect for what Lewis has given us we should give him a tip over and above the 3 for 9 mil. Jones and Dillon should buy him a rolex, or maybe a caddie :lol:

I just can't get on board with thinking we are in transition, Love is more ready to start then even Rodgers was 15 years ago, not saying he has a higher ceiling, just that he seems to have a higher floor, we'll see, I still think with him, this team is capable of making the PO's, I know I'am being optimistic, but over all, the team, OL, Defense should be better then it was last year.

I would not be shocked at all if we used slot 15 on a Tackle, there will be a ready to play Tackle in that range.
We will know soon enough about drafting a LT and that should tell us a lot about Bakh's prospects with the Packers.

I commented on that last game vs the Lions with regard to Rodgers but there was another very big problem. Yosh simply can't play RT. He absolutely sucked. Eventually the Packers replaced him with Tom and Tom did a much better job at it.

It seems to me that Yosh has a problem. Maybe it is slow feet. I am not sure he can ever be a starting quality LT and he sure as hell can't play RT.

Unfortunately Tom can't play LT and RT at the same time.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Rasul Douglas is my favorite part of Twitter, but Nixon is fun too

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I laughed then, i laughed now

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Enjoy the price increases
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Clearly without Rodgers being GM anymore, Gutey passed the job down to Bisaccia now.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

We now have like 5 special teamers whose listed job is safety, a nickel whose listed job is safety, and 0 safeties.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
03 Apr 2023 22:22
I swear you have to be the most negative active member of this forum, we where do to have to replace the Jumbo screens anyway, so making them bigger at the same time only makes sense, add in the other improvements that will also benefit fans is a good trade off, and ticket prices would have as usual go up anyway.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
04 Apr 2023 11:01

Clearly without Rodgers being GM anymore, Gutey passed the job down to Bisaccia now.
If I was GM we'd have 14 WR's but thats me :rotf:

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Yoop wrote:
04 Apr 2023 11:26
Eor wrote:
I swear you have to be the most negative active member of this forum, we where do to have to replace the Jumbo screens anyway, so making them bigger at the same time only makes sense, add in the other improvements that will also benefit fans is a good trade off, and ticket prices would have as usual go up anyway.
The new score boards were paid for from the recent stock sale. The other NFL owners hate the Packers raising cash, so they passed a rule saying the proceeds can only be used to enhance the fan experience- not the player experience. The other owners didn't want GB to get a competitive advantage in FA. LOL. Its kind of hilarious if you think about it.
IT. IS. TIME

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Drj820 wrote:
Yup. To be expected. It’s all about the fan experience, they say.

Call me old school. I’m fine with the Packer game and roughly 70,000 fans, along with food and beverage. Crazy monitors and such are nice. I’m not against those. But the game to me is the sport and the people. Yup. Old school. (And yes, football should be played OUTSIDE forever!)

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
04 Apr 2023 11:26
Drj820 wrote:
Apologies for pointing out an unintended consequence. I forget sometime only happy talk is allowed.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur