Rodgers Watch 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Rodgers 2023

Poll ended at 03 Jun 2023 21:19

Retired
7%
Traded
66%
Packer
27%

Total votes: 44

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

wallyuwl wrote:
08 Apr 2023 15:24
Labrev wrote:
07 Apr 2023 13:38
Newest reports from insiders:

1.) The groundwork for the deal is largely in place.
2.) Jets unlikely to send #13 overall.
3.) Trade is expected to occur on Day 2 of the draft (during the event).

- https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nf ... 87dd&ei=18
- https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/je ... 87dd&ei=25
In other words, Gute is gonna get smoked if this is how it goes down. As expected.
I never expected we'd get the 13. 2 2nds would be great but I'd be happy with a 2 and a 3, or even a 2/4.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I still started this whole conversation hoping for two 2nds (one this year and one next). I’ll hope for more, but will be totally happy with this. To me, it’s most important that we move on.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Such low expectations for what is acceptable for compensation for a guy who was MVP 4 times, and twice in the last three seasons.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

wallyuwl wrote:
08 Apr 2023 16:51
Such low expectations for what is acceptable for compensation for a guy who was MVP 4 times, and twice in the last three seasons.
Not low. Just adequate. Don’t forget there is a portion of the contract to deal with too.

The goal here is to get Rodgers to the Jets (or any other team), not to stockpile picks. If we get more picks, great. But it really isn’t necessary.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

wallyuwl wrote:
08 Apr 2023 16:51
Does it matter what the Chargers gave up to get Unitas? Johnny had 3 NFL Championships, 1 Super Bowl Championship, 3 MVPs, and 6 All-NFLs when he left Baltimore.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
08 Apr 2023 19:01
Does it matter what the Chargers gave up to get Unitas?
No. It does not matter at all.

Cool card with some punter data on it, tho.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

In my opinion if we don’t get pick 13 that’s a total failure. Now I don’t care if we give them back pick 15 but if we don’t come away with the rights to pick 13 Gutenbumst is pussy lips.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

lupedafiasco wrote:
08 Apr 2023 19:33
In my opinion if we don’t get pick 13 that’s a total failure. Now I don’t care if we give them back pick 15 but if we don’t come away with the rights to pick 13 Gutenbumst is pussy lips.
I mean, I agree that I want that, but if we get two 2nds, Corey Davis, and Jeremy Ruckert but not 13, I'll be just fine

(yes, I know there's been no mention of Ruckert in any reporting but we need a TE who has played in the NFL pretty badly and they have three of them)

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Jets gm saying rodgers will be there.

For him to say that the deal must be done and this is more of a timing thing.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

bud fox wrote:
08 Apr 2023 20:08
Jets gm saying rodgers will be there.

For him to say that the deal must be done and this is more of a timing thing.
Or at least maybe they’ve overcome any “major” hindrances.
:-)

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

I feel like the Jets GM and Boomer Esiason are using this “negotiating in good faith” crap against the Packers.

The fact of the matter is the Packers own the rights to Arron Rodgers not the Jets. The Packers can negotiate with anyone they want.

The Packers have been operating in “good faith” with the Jets by compromising a little by not insisting on their 1st round pick. But the Jets don’t seem to be compromising and the 2 sides have been at an impasse for weeks. Well, If they’re at an impasse then they’re no longer negotiating….whether you want it to be called “in good faith” or not.

If I was Gute I would call the Niners. Give me 2 3’s this draft, a decent player and a number 1 next year. Rodgers gets to play for his childhood favorite team in CA and Joe Douglas can go screw himself.
Love is the answer…

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Foosball wrote:
08 Apr 2023 20:44
I feel like the Jets GM and Boomer Esiason are using this “negotiating in good faith” crap against the Packers.

The fact of the matter is the Packers own the rights to Arron Rodgers not the Jets. The Packers can negotiate with anyone they want.

The Packers have been operating in “good faith” with the Jets by compromising a little by not insisting on their 1st round pick. But the Jets don’t seem to be compromising and the 2 sides have been at an impasse for weeks. Well, If they’re at an impasse then they’re no longer negotiating….whether you want it to be called “in good faith” or not.

If I was Gute I would call the Niners. Give me 2 3’s this draft, a decent player and a number 1 next year. Rodgers gets to play for his childhood favorite team in CA and Joe Douglas can go screw himself.
No team will trade more value than the jets. Rodgers and his t3am will tell them he will retire.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Corey Davis sucks. We don’t need him.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
08 Apr 2023 21:42
Corey Davis sucks. We don’t need him.
He doesn’t *suck* but he’s very mediocre and I’m not excited about him in any way.

It just seems commonly reported that he’s coming, he likely would’ve been cut by now if he wasn’t, and the Jets need to clear cap assurance to fit Rodgers in, so it makes sense that they’re sending a contract our way as well.

He blocks and has experience with MLF. I'm just accepting that it's going to be part of the deal and hoping the salary/contact restructure/extension is quite extensive in terms of savings

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Foosball wrote:
08 Apr 2023 20:44

Whew! :woohoo: and :aok:

Pounding sand may be appropriate as well. :rotf:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Jets refuse to surround Aaron Rodgers with playmakers.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

BF004 wrote:
09 Apr 2023 17:18

15m guaranteed upto 18m.

Was thinking Max 10m but shows how valuable receivers are.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

bud fox wrote:
09 Apr 2023 18:06
BF004 wrote:
09 Apr 2023 17:18

15m guaranteed upto 18m.

Was thinking Max 10m but shows how valuable receivers are.
I wouldn’t be shocked if Lamar signs shortly after now.

No one’s liked obj more than me over the years. Still stand by we win the super if we signed him in ‘20 or ‘21.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Lamar should take notes from OBJ about how valuable an agent can be
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

lupedafiasco wrote:
08 Apr 2023 19:33
eh, you'll likely be disappointed no matter what happens. And you'll thnink the same of Gutey no matter what happens.