Love SZN: Official Thread of QB1.

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Well done article on Jordan Love's Dad - Orbin Love
Love Sr was a former QB and Bakersfield cop who committed suicide, likely the result of changes in his medications.
Its a long read, but worth it if you want to know more about QB1

https://www.nfl.com/news/back-2-campus/ ... me-of-love

"Whatever, Big O." That's how Orbin Love's fellow police officers would respond any time the Bakersfield PD sergeant told them his son would be a quarterback, and a darned good one.

Not a damned good one, because Orbin Love never cursed. He didn't drink, smoke, use drugs or even -- to anyone's notable recollection -- lose his temper. A doting dad like few others with a pipedream like a million others, Love saw something in his son that nobody else saw. Believed what nobody else believed. A former high school quarterback himself, Love was relegated to running back when he played for Bakersfield College and was determined to see his only boy, Jordan, throw a football better than he ever could.

Whatever, Big O.

Coaches and teammates from high school to college found that Jordan brought exactly the same even keel to high-pressure situations on the field. He played with passion and enthusiasm, but always with his father's ability to keep emotions in check.

The NFL club that drafts Love will be getting Orbin's easygoing demeanor in the deal.

"I definitely get that from my dad," Jordan said. "But I'm not as good at it as he was."
His patience was certainly tested more in 2019, amid the Aggies' lopsided losses to LSU, Air Force, BYU and Boise State. Running back Gerold Bright said Love continued to encourage and discuss adjustments on the sideline with the offense even as the final minutes ticked off of those games that were all but lost in the first half.

"How he handles himself, carries himself in the heat of the moment was one of the first things I noticed about him," Phillips said. "And his teammates respond to it. I could tell walking in that he had built up some real locker-room presence."

Love doesn't do anything out of the ordinary in tribute to his dad. He doesn't feel the need to draw Orbin's initials on the tape of his game-day cleats or wear custom-made T-shirts under his shoulder pads. He doesn't have a tribute tattoo, or any other apparent memento.

Sharing his vision and demeanor is the only tribute Orbin could have asked for.

"I definitely try to take his calmness with me," Jordan said.
"And it's motivating knowing this is what he wanted for me. This is what he saw for me."
IT. IS. TIME

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

BSA wrote:
06 Apr 2023 15:47
Well done article on Jordan Love's Dad - Orbin Love
Love Sr was a former QB and Bakersfield cop who committed suicide, likely the result of changes in his medications.
Its a long read, but worth it if you want to know more about QB1

https://www.nfl.com/news/back-2-campus/ ... me-of-love

"Whatever, Big O." That's how Orbin Love's fellow police officers would respond any time the Bakersfield PD sergeant told them his son would be a quarterback, and a darned good one.

Not a damned good one, because Orbin Love never cursed. He didn't drink, smoke, use drugs or even -- to anyone's notable recollection -- lose his temper. A doting dad like few others with a pipedream like a million others, Love saw something in his son that nobody else saw. Believed what nobody else believed. A former high school quarterback himself, Love was relegated to running back when he played for Bakersfield College and was determined to see his only boy, Jordan, throw a football better than he ever could.

Whatever, Big O.

Coaches and teammates from high school to college found that Jordan brought exactly the same even keel to high-pressure situations on the field. He played with passion and enthusiasm, but always with his father's ability to keep emotions in check.

The NFL club that drafts Love will be getting Orbin's easygoing demeanor in the deal.

"I definitely get that from my dad," Jordan said. "But I'm not as good at it as he was."
His patience was certainly tested more in 2019, amid the Aggies' lopsided losses to LSU, Air Force, BYU and Boise State. Running back Gerold Bright said Love continued to encourage and discuss adjustments on the sideline with the offense even as the final minutes ticked off of those games that were all but lost in the first half.

"How he handles himself, carries himself in the heat of the moment was one of the first things I noticed about him," Phillips said. "And his teammates respond to it. I could tell walking in that he had built up some real locker-room presence."

Love doesn't do anything out of the ordinary in tribute to his dad. He doesn't feel the need to draw Orbin's initials on the tape of his game-day cleats or wear custom-made T-shirts under his shoulder pads. He doesn't have a tribute tattoo, or any other apparent memento.

Sharing his vision and demeanor is the only tribute Orbin could have asked for.

"I definitely try to take his calmness with me," Jordan said.
"And it's motivating knowing this is what he wanted for me. This is what he saw for me."
Indeed BSA ............ IT IS TIME!

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

This is from when Queen was trying to find their sound. Terrible song. Could be an anthem for the Love haters.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Don't throw your love away
No, no, no, no
Don't throw your love away
For you might need it someday

“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

- Vince Lombardi

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

The Swedes know bestest about these kind of things , and are the kinkiest. Catchy song, tho.:

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

Yoop wrote:
06 Apr 2023 10:09
Foosball wrote:
05 Apr 2023 19:35
APB wrote:
03 Apr 2023 06:41

Great throw, yes. But my first observation from that clip is why did he feel the need to escape a perfectly clean pocket which then forced the exponentially more difficult throw?
Because he was getting pressure up the middle and not on the outside.
Whaaaaaa?
thats not pressure, not to take anything away from a great throw and catch, but Love had a guy running open on a short crosser that probably would have been a first down throw as well, people here complain of Rodgers opting for a low % play all the time, it was the same with Love in this instance, and just like so often with Rodgers, the decision to do so worked.
Obviously often a QB has more then 1 receiver open, and obviously fans will second guess the decisions they make :lol:
The DL moved the middle of the OL back 5 yards. It’s not like he could step up and make a throw and there is no one to his right. I see nothing wrong with his decision..
Love is the answer…

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Foosball wrote:
08 Apr 2023 20:34
Yoop wrote:
Foosball wrote:

Whaaaaaa?
thats not pressure, not to take anything away from a great throw and catch, but Love had a guy running open on a short crosser that probably would have been a first down throw as well, people here complain of Rodgers opting for a low % play all the time, it was the same with Love in this instance, and just like so often with Rodgers, the decision to do so worked.
Obviously often a QB has more then 1 receiver open, and obviously fans will second guess the decisions they make :lol:
The DL moved the middle of the OL back 5 yards. It’s not like he could step up and make a throw and there is no one to his right. I see nothing wrong with his decision..

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Foosball wrote:
08 Apr 2023 20:34
Yoop wrote:
Foosball wrote:

Whaaaaaa?
he bolted from the pocket before any push from the DL, again he had a player open shallow right, but was slow to make the throw, that is why he bolted, the receiver ran past the safety, also the throw was a low % pass that the receiver was forced to make a spectacular catch.

now possibly the crossing receiver may not have had the depth to gain first down yardage, who knows, and we also don't know what down it was, but the DL push as you claim to be 5 yrds didn't happen fast enough to force him to scramble imo.

Happy Easter Foosball, and to everyone at the Huddle :aok: :aok:

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Happy Easter everyone

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

One week 'til the draft and I'm licking my chops!

- Vince Lombardi

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Ringo made an unnecessary spam thread again. This is the official Love thread; it says it in the title. Stop posting in the other. :evil:

>But Labrev, how about a fresh clean new thread? This one is full of music videos.

Nobody goes to Page 1 of a thread every time, they go to the last page and join the discussion and rarely anything before. Also, the music video posting is what makes this thread 10000000x better than the imposter thread.

And if the above wasn't enough to convince you, we are now going INTERNATIONAL with the love songs; here's a banger from Bollywood with a scantily-clad thirst trap actress dancing to it: :cheer:
Last edited by Labrev on 26 Apr 2023 08:34, edited 3 times in total.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Labrev wrote:
26 Apr 2023 08:27
>But Labrev, this is filled with music videos! How about a fresh clean new thread?
It makes it the 2nd best thread ever!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

We are gonna have to get used to QB play that's very different from what the past almost two decades of Rodgers conditioned us into. Rodgers's has a historically low ratio of INTs to TDs, a disparity that is literally unheard of at his position.

We will regress back to the mean there. No getting around that, but plenty of QBs have been as successful, some even more so, without the amazing avoidance of INTs.

I don't want Love to aspire to being Rodgers, I would prefer he try to be more like Ben Roethlisberger, also a HOF QB (won more rings too). That seems more in-line with his physical tools.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

I can't decide if I want to get a Love jersey in Home Green, Away White, or Alternate Green.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Acrobat wrote:
26 Apr 2023 13:24
I can't decide if I want to get a Love jersey in Home Green, Away White, or Alternate Green.
Get a pro bowl jersey

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I am going to post a question about what the Packers will do to assure that Love has competition, now that 12 is gone.

Will the Pack bring in a legitimate veteran QB?

Will the Pack draft a QB in as early as round 3?

As much as I really believe the Packers believe in Love, the idea of “competition” is something that runs deep in the veins of the FO. I’m thinking that a UDFA or a QB drafted in round 7 isn’t enough to scratch that itch. Plus, it probably isn’t enough to help if Love misses any time from injury.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!