YouTube Sunday Ticket

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

YouTube Sunday Ticket

Post by BF004 »

Anyone do a deep dive into Sunday Ticket moving to YouTube?

Similarities/Differences? Improvements regressions? Not sure what directv cost by the end, so not sure how pricing changed, but looks quite pricy.

Anyone planning on getting it?

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

The funny thing is, I was all about Season Ticket back in the day. Then Redzone Channel came out and eliminated my need for it. I really only wanted it for Fantasy purposes and now Redzone has that covered for much cheaper.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I was on a student plan for $20 a month through directv. That will be missed.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

The YouTube TV subscriber's price is very similar to DirecTV pricing last I checked... but I can't get DirecTV and I can get YouTube, so that's an improvement. Not sure I can swing it this year, but can't wait to have access to it in the future

Being an out-of-town fan in a market with both an NFC and an AFC home team (that I don't always want to watch) really limits the quality of game-watching experience.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

The networks and their local affiliates at Fox, CBS etc pushed back really hard on YouTube wanting to offer the service at a lower price
The reason is that if you do the Sunday Ticket, you aren't watching their commercials and you're hurting their bottom line.

So the consumers get bent over again. The Packers probably won't get as many national games until the Love-Packers prove themselves worthy
We'll still get a few because of the sheer size and fanaticism of Packer Nation, but it might not be the max 5-6 that we've enjoyed previously
IT. IS. TIME

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Honestly, though it’s definitely not apples to apples, but in terms of my maximized utility, I always look at this price versus how much more I’ll spend by watching packers games at bars than of I could watch them at home when I want… let’s say bars over baseline.

Considering 8 bars over baseline where I’ll wind up spending $35 a pop at minimum, I’m looking at $280 🤷🏻‍♂️

So it’s not quite worth it for me. But it’s not that far off

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

$35 a pop game day at a bar! I wish!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
11 Apr 2023 14:33
Honestly, though it’s definitely not apples to apples, but in terms of my maximized utility, I always look at this price versus how much more I’ll spend by watching packers games at bars than of I could watch them at home when I want… let’s say bars over baseline.

Considering 8 bars over baseline where I’ll wind up spending $35 a pop at minimum, I’m looking at $280 🤷🏻‍♂️

You do not seem like the type of fan that can watch a game at a bar. I say that because you get very anxious on game day. I also get very anxious on game day and cannot watch at a bar with other people or limited access to volume or being at the perfect spot of a TV.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Having to leave the house isnt really a factor in the cost for me.

I can 100% always find the games on an illegal stream somewhere online. But those streams can get disrupted, make me click through tons of ads, and be buggy.

So the cost-benefit analysis is always: Paying for games the legal way and getting the convenience vs not paying anything but having to deal with a minor pain in the bum

at $20 a month with Directv, i easily chose to pay for the convenience.

at $20 a week...i will probably choose the free option.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BSA wrote:
11 Apr 2023 10:38
The networks and their local affiliates at Fox, CBS etc pushed back really hard on YouTube wanting to offer the service at a lower price
The reason is that if you do the Sunday Ticket, you aren't watching their commercials and you're hurting their bottom line.

So the consumers get bent over again. The Packers probably won't get as many national games until the Love-Packers prove themselves worthy
We'll still get a few because of the sheer size and fanaticism of Packer Nation, but it might not be the max 5-6 that we've enjoyed previously
how is this relevant to the networks though?

Current Sunday ticket blacks out all local games, Im sure the new sunday ticket will do the same.

So if you live in the local network, sunday ticket isnt even a factor, your only option is to pay for cable and watch the commercials (or use antenna).

If you dont live in the local market then you cant watch your team on the networks anyways.

The networks dont compete with sunday ticket. Sunday Ticket paid the NFL for the right to no competition. They now charge the max they can get away with that the fan will still pay.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
11 Apr 2023 14:45
YoHoChecko wrote:
11 Apr 2023 14:33

You do not seem like the type of fan that can watch a game at a bar. I say that because you get very anxious on game day. I also get very anxious on game day and cannot watch at a bar with other people or limited access to volume or being at the perfect spot of a TV.
Hahaha what if I told you that I realized it’s not the game, but this forum, that creates that effect. That’s why two years ago I started trying to wean myself off of Game Day threads, and last year I took the whole season off of posting.

I can enjoy just the experience of watching football during a poor Packers showing much much more when I’m not actively engaging with other people who are upset about it. At bars here, no one cares about the packers games. I can just watch.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
11 Apr 2023 14:50

If you dont live in the local market then you cant watch your team on the networks anyways.

The networks dont compete with sunday ticket. Sunday Ticket paid the NFL for the right to no competition. They now charge the max they can get away with that the fan will still pay.
I think you’re vastly underestimating the number of fans who would watch whatever game is on if they didn’t have the option to pay to watch any game. I’m actually pretty direct competition between the networks and directv (on non bar weekends). There are lots of us

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

One of the big issues with all of the streaming is latency- the lapse of time between live action and when you actually see it on the screen
54 seconds is a loooooong time. You can also see it on the DirecTV satellite version - there's one channel called MIX and they show 6 games on split screens and that feed is always 1-2 plays ahead of the channel showing just one game

IT. IS. TIME

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I mean who cares if it's 30 seconds or 1 minute and 30 seconds behind?

I still can't have my phone on me regardless when I stream a game because of inadvertent text messages.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

go pak go wrote:
11 Apr 2023 15:44

I still can't have my phone on me regardless when I stream a game because of inadvertent text messages.
Nothing quite like someone calling you to celebrate a game winning field goal when your stream is behind.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

go pak go wrote:

Not just the text messages but the alerts. It's gotten a bit better but I've had NBA game endings ruined for me because I forgot to mute alerts from the ESPN app.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Hulu live has the longest delay by far. I used to watch on antenna and it was like two minutes behind antenna.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:

Ug, the worst, I’ll watch like a whole brewer game, and I’ll get a text from my mom about the ending like 30-60 seconds before I get to see it.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I suffered through using the nfl.com to watch games last year. It was a lot less expensive than what you are showing.

Also, I can’t say that I used a vpn to assure that I could see the “local” games, but…
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I am so glad I live in Wisconsin. =)
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto