General Packers News 2020

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Big fan of Lazard.

I'm looking forward to seeing some progression in the offense with him in the line up for sure.

Now, if only we can get one of Brown or MVS to break out. Both would be great!
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

TheGreenMan wrote:
04 Aug 2020 14:50
Big fan of Lazard.

I'm looking forward to seeing some progression in the offense with him in the line up for sure.

I mean that would take the 2018 draft class from a horrible draft class to an awesome draft class. Even if one of them breaks out. The talent is there.

I just hate that they IR'd St. Brown prior to the cut down to the 53 last year. That was such poor roster management.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
04 Aug 2020 17:25
I just hate that they IR'd St. Brown prior to the cut down to the 53 last year. That was such poor roster management.
I agree; KILLS me that they IRed EQSB and cut Lazzard to keep Sheppard on the active roster instead of exposing him to waivers. EQSB would have been a very useful returned from IR down the stretch last season in place of Greene who wasn't even really used

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
04 Aug 2020 17:46
go pak go wrote:
I agree; KILLS me that they IRed EQSB and cut Lazzard to keep Sheppard on the active roster instead of exposing him to waivers. EQSB would have been a very useful returned from IR down the stretch last season in place of Greene who wasn't even really used
I said it when it happened. IRing ESB was stupid. He would have been out a month and some change but they significantly stunted his growth by doing that.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

lupedafiasco wrote:
04 Aug 2020 20:51
YoHoChecko wrote:
04 Aug 2020 17:46
go pak go wrote:
I said it when it happened. IRing ESB was stupid. He would have been out a month and some change but they significantly stunted his growth by doing that.
Definitely was dumb, made it worse when MVS didn't live up to any hype. Nor did Kumerow.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

NCF wrote:
05 Aug 2020 13:19
Wait until gamedays so fans can say he isnt good anymore.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

NCF wrote:
I actually think that this is a big part of "the problem". Rodgers is quite often too cautious, passing up on 3rd down and scoring range opportunities because of a slightly elevated turnover risk. Adding a bit more risk to the passing game, at least situationally, would do wonders for offensive efficiency IMHO.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Waldo wrote:
06 Aug 2020 08:57
NCF wrote:
I actually think that this is a big part of "the problem". Rodgers is quite often too cautious, passing up on 3rd down and scoring range opportunities because of a slightly elevated turnover risk. Adding a bit more risk to the passing game, at least situationally, would do wonders for offensive efficiency IMHO.
My problem with Rodgers was that he was either hesitant or missed the check down. A number of times we'd see him looking for the long shot in the middle of the field, only to see a TE or RB wide open. Now, I will say this has been fixed a bit (my guess is because of Aaron Jones play)... or at least it appears to be. With the offense that LaFleur is putting together, the newly drafted guys, we should further seem improvement here.

I think he takes the risks in a lot of situations, but he will end up throwing it away more often than not. The throwaways don't bother me, as a potential turnover will just agitate me further. Rodgers doesn't hit the long balls, fades, streaks as good as he once did... so, that also helps me being okay with it now. I just want him to take an easy check down if it's there.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Yeah, Rodgers' completion percentage and willingness to check down NEEDS to improve; 4,000 yards and <5 INTs doesn't point to or away from anything about that. Being risk averse is impressive when you're also throwing TDs, but 26 in a year is too low.

So yes, Rodgers does some things very well and still has hella arm talent. But that doesn't mean he doesn't need to make adjustments and improvements to get the most out of our offense. The throwaways and the long sacks (in terms of time in the pocket) are real issues that can be quantified in addition to being observed, and that will be key to improving our offense.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Just pushing the ball down the road.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Hahaha this season is going to suck ass 8-)
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Labrev wrote:
07 Aug 2020 11:47
I'm definitely not as excited this August as I was last August. I just can't take this season all that seriously.

Honestly I was shocked when I realized I don't even know who we play week 2, week 3 or week 4. I know we have an AFC South team early, but I can't tell you our first quarter of the season.

I mean I always have the schedule memorized and scenarios playing out in my head by at least this time of year.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
07 Aug 2020 12:27
Labrev wrote:
I'm definitely not as excited this August as I was last August. I just can't take this season all that seriously.

Honestly I was shocked when I realized I don't even know who we play week 2, week 3 or week 4. I know we have an AFC South team early, but I can't tell you our first quarter of the season.

I mean I always have the schedule memorized and scenarios playing out in my head by at least this time of year.
Yep. Feels different. Just give me Week 1, thrash Minnesota in their stadium, and then I am fine with whatever happens. That's all I'll need for my 2020 to be complete.

Read More. Post Less.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

go pak go wrote:
Labrev wrote:

I'm with you there.

I just don't find it in me much to discuss this roster makeup, schedule. Camp was nonexistent, so there goes a lot of discussion there too.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

TheGreenMan wrote:
07 Aug 2020 13:10
go pak go wrote:
Labrev wrote:

I'm with you there.

I just don't find it in me much to discuss this roster makeup, schedule. Camp was nonexistent, so there goes a lot of discussion there too.
GDT - that will do it.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Weird. I can't WAIT until this season starts. I think we have the perfect first opponent to punch our tired narratives in the face. I don't think the Vikings can cover us in the secondary, and they present a running game test. If we come out there, contain Dalvin Cook and Rodgers and Co pass all over them, then we immediately shut everyone up from a while offseason of garbage narratives about crap that doesn't matter. If Adams/EQ/Lazard and Sternberger come out looking like a set of weapons and Rodgers is in rhythm, then the whole thing about Love and not heloing Rodgers looks foolish; the notion that the Vikings--a team we beat twice last year, had a better record than, and who lost earlier in the playoffs than us--are somehow the division's big thing is washed away.

I'm stoked for this season. It's been far too much talk about dumb stuff and the national narrative has totally missed on the fact that we're slightly more talented and slightly more experienced than we were last year, and it's going to be fun to surprise them

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

It's weird because of such little hype or news, but I want football more than I ever have. Any amount of it is fine.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

NCF wrote:
07 Aug 2020 12:49
go pak go wrote:
Labrev wrote:

Yep. Feels different. Just give me Week 1, thrash Minnesota in their stadium, and then I am fine with whatever happens. That's all I'll need for my 2020 to be complete.
Come on now, no year is truly complete without kickin the crap out of the Bears a time or two.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

TheGreenMan wrote:
04 Aug 2020 14:50
Big fan of Lazard.

I know it's probably been beaten to death, but I'd love to see MVS be the one. That speed is deadly!