YouTube Sunday Ticket

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

I just stream what I want to watch. The only problem is a bit of lag time in the stream. But I don't usually do game day threads so it doesn't really matter. The NFL doesn't seem to be as uptight about cutting streams into the US as they had been in the past. I think they realized it was a losing battle with VPN's.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

Drj820 wrote:
11 Apr 2023 14:46
I can 100% always find the games on an illegal stream somewhere online. But those streams can get disrupted, make me click through tons of ads, and be buggy.
Yeah I can always find them on the streams, but can pretty much never actually view them. It's impossible to get through the ads! This was not the case about 6 years ago, however. I was able to view the games reliably on the illegal streaming sites.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Well I am not in the USA anyway and don't feel like watching at 4 AM. So I usually find a full game replay on YouTube or some of the other video sites a day or 2 later. All free and only an occasional advertizment

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Captain_Ben wrote:
13 Apr 2023 15:23
Drj820 wrote:
11 Apr 2023 14:46
I can 100% always find the games on an illegal stream somewhere online. But those streams can get disrupted, make me click through tons of ads, and be buggy.
Yeah I can always find them on the streams, but can pretty much never actually view them. It's impossible to get through the ads! This was not the case about 6 years ago, however. I was able to view the games reliably on the illegal streaming sites.
You guys need to find you a decent IPTV service. One that broadcasts local channels from across the US and then it's simply a matter of tuning into a local Wisconsin market for Packer games. No ads other than the normal commercial breaks.

Of course, I'd also highly encourage you to be running a VPN in the background... ;)

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

I imagine if you're a Dallas, Green Bay, or Pittsburgh fan you will not see a whole lot of value in going with Sunday ticket. More often than not these teams can be caught on TV in most places around the country. I already get all of the Packers games, unless it's just a weird situation. I also don't watch much NFL football these days outside of the Packers, and if I do, its a prime time game.

We already get Monday, Sunday night. And most people I imagine are subscribed to Prime for Thursdays. With at least 3-4 games someone can get Sunday afternoon. Yeah, not worth it for me.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Oof. I got Sunday Ticket for 2023.

$375 for the season after taxes for the base package with no Youtube TV. Next year this amount will jump to $480 or so after taxes once the promotional price ends.

I gotta say the NFL might be in danger of approaching outpricing itself. I make good money but this is steep.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

DirecTV, and now YouTube, have turned what could have been a massive viewership building opportunity and financial boondoggle into gouging the few people who are able and willing to pay exorbitant fees.

I refuse to pay it on principle.

Not ashamed to say I am the Jack Sparrow of watching the NFL on pirated streams. Screw 'em.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

How many screens can you have on at once with a subscription? Let’s get a packer huddle account and share the password and split the cost

I always like to stick it to the man
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Labrev wrote:
11 Apr 2023 18:26
I am so glad I live in Wisconsin. =)
Me too! Go Pack Go!!

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

I can just drive 50 miles north to my parent's house, and sit outside and hear the stadium announcer.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
05 Jun 2023 15:54
DirecTV, and now YouTube, have turned what could have been a massive viewership building opportunity and financial boondoggle into gouging the few people who are able and willing to pay exorbitant fees.

I refuse to pay it on principle.

Not ashamed to say I am the Jack Sparrow of watching the NFL on pirated streams. Screw 'em.
Yeah I think for $250 a season, you would have a lot more people sign on. But price setting and revenue maximization is a tough thing. I might think $250 is reasonable but someone else might think it's gouging.

But I do for sure believe that $480 a season after the initial year is insanely expensive.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

They should have a package just for each team. Like if you get the Packers package, you get their games only. I suppose they can't do that because then the CEO won't be able to afford his third vacation home in the Maldives. Can't have that!
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi