Rodgers Watch 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Rodgers 2023

Poll ended at 03 Jun 2023 21:19

Retired
7%
Traded
66%
Packer
27%

Total votes: 44

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

TheSkeptic wrote:
14 Apr 2023 04:10
Scott4Pack wrote:
13 Apr 2023 22:57
Status quo edge belongs to GB. Still. I think maybe Guty is prepared to eat 12’s salary more than to yield to Jets demands. And I am good with that too.
More than likely all the Jets are offering is one 2nd round pick. No other team was willing to give GB a first round pick but somebody will be interested if the price is only a conditional 2nd.
No other team? You can’t and don’t know that

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

JKB wrote:
15 Apr 2023 09:16
TheSkeptic wrote:
14 Apr 2023 04:10
Scott4Pack wrote:
13 Apr 2023 22:57
Status quo edge belongs to GB. Still. I think maybe Guty is prepared to eat 12’s salary more than to yield to Jets demands. And I am good with that too.
More than likely all the Jets are offering is one 2nd round pick. No other team was willing to give GB a first round pick but somebody will be interested if the price is only a conditional 2nd.
No other team? You can’t and don’t know that
the only party with the UPPER HAND is the one who will lose almost nothing and thats Rodgers, he will collect mega Millions no matter what happens, everyone else PAYS :rotf:

and there are probably several teams waiting like Vultures ready to pounce should the Jets deal fall through, not to mention the value Rodgers presents to a team should it lose there starter in PS or regular season, we could hold on to him and pray that happens, we could get more.

no way Guty or Murphy will let Rodgers go for a measly 2nd round pick :rotf:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Drj820 wrote:
14 Apr 2023 21:44
I see no reason in giving out any praise to Gute, or any criticism to Gute at the moment. I like to judge results at the finish line. Let’s see the final results. Hope he doesn’t screw this up!
No praise until the Packers win a Super Bowl with Gute at the helm ala Lombardi, Wolf and Thompson. No no no praise for Gutey. :bkw:

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

All the info that is solid is worthless as long as there is no progress. If nothing is moving we might as well just dream about anything that was “agreed” to prior to this.

Give it until the draft and then see if anything has moved. Meanwhile, rumors are still amock.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Yoop wrote:
15 Apr 2023 09:35
and there are probably several teams waiting like Vultures ready to pounce should the Jets deal fall through…
🤣

Oh, I think most teams see a 39 year old QB who still has some talent but has seen much better days. They see a guy who would rather dictate how a team is run than to be dictated to. They see a guy who doesn’t weather well in the cold any longer. They see a guy who hasn’t pulled a very good team to a championship in a very long time.

Even the best get long in the tooth at some point. He is still a warrior. But he simply cannot carry a team any longer. And most teams know that.

For the Jets, they are one of the few teams where 12 is likely a good match. So, even if 12 isn’t what he used to be, he is still worth the value that the Pack appear to be asking.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

This is interesting from a negotiational perspective. Both want the deal, both need the deal, but that opens the room to play the chicken game that can lead to no deal if both misjudge the situation. It would simplify things if both wanted the deal and one has more leverage over the other because then the chicken game does not emerge because if I come at your Toyota with my 18-wheeler you chicken out and no further problem arises (apart from your fist in your pocket). So I see this thing not as a no-brainer. Do not throw away your 12-shirt yet. :lol:

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

This, from Cowherd…
I must say that I think he has nailed it. Rodgers comes off as not being the cause of “holding anybody hostage” but that’s exactly what he’s doing, at least publicly. He has leapt at so many opportunities to make his opinion known about so many things and live a high profile life. Yet, he won’t make a public statement about wanting to play at least two years, to alleviate the concerns of Jets management.

How come, Aaron? Come on man! A simple comment from you or press release would re-start this trade thing. We’re waiting…

On his popular Fox Sports show “The Herd,” Colin Cowherd focused on what he believes to be the real issue at hand, Aaron Rodgers’ priorities.

“Aaron Rodgers at this point in his career is committed to having leverage and power and winning the chess match more than he is winning playoff games. How do I know? Because he’s smart and he’s talented and he’s made decisions which hinder one and help the other.” Cowherd said.

“Let’s be honest. In Green Bay he wasn’t winning playoff games at the end, but he had power. It got him a huge contract and then eventually got him out of town. But you will get in your life what matters to you, and Aaron has made multiple choices that the money and the leverage and the final say is the most important thing. Aaron’s too smart to think ‘yeah I can not show up in the off-season and that’s really going to help rookie receivers.’ He knew it was going to hurt the rookie receivers, but he wanted the power and leverage to not allow the Packers to control his offseason.

Aaron’s smart enough to know if you take the most money it’s going to limit your roster. He’s a smart cat. He went to Cal. We know he’s bright. So you get what you want. Aaron now is more concerned with winning the chess match, having leverage control and power…and that’s fine. But Aaron knows he could solve this tomorrow with a press release. I’m in two years minimum hopefully three. Deals done. That’s what the Jets are waiting for…Then they can get on their way and get him in camp, know exactly what to draft but that’s not the most important thing to Aaron right now. Winning the chess match, having control and power is. A lot of people are that way. I would prefer my quarterbacks aren’t.”

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Titans inquired on Rodgers:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ti ... 755c&ei=15

I've had TEN as a dark horse team for a while, but Rodgers's trade to NYJ still sounds like a done deal come Round 2 of the draft if not Round 1.

But if we don't seal the deal with the Jets, we have potential bidders in them and SF.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Truth

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Rodgers being traded on draft night would be awful. It would be all people talked about in the middle of the draft.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
20 Apr 2023 10:58
Rodgers being traded on draft night would be awful. It would be all people talked about in the middle of the draft.
Kind of getting to the point where I can't an envision a draft season any more that isn't overshadowed by Aaron Rodgers news.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

:rotf:
RIP JustJeff

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

paco wrote:
20 Apr 2023 11:54
I often felt disappointed at ARs recruiting efforts over the years in GB. Part of it stems from his unwillingness to commit to GB starting in 2020
I don't know this, but I suspect JJ Watt turned away from the Packers because AR said: " I might not even be there"
Then he signed in AZ. There were some veiled comments that surfaced at the time - and maybe more comes out in the coming years.
But this is just pure speculation on my part.
IT. IS. TIME

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BSA wrote:
20 Apr 2023 13:08
paco wrote:
I often felt disappointed at ARs recruiting efforts over the years in GB. Part of it stems from his unwillingness to commit to GB starting in 2020
I don't know this, but I suspect JJ Watt turned away from the Packers because AR said: " I might not even be there"
Then he signed in AZ. There were some veiled comments that surfaced at the time - and maybe more comes out in the coming years.
JJ Watt turned away because we couldn’t afford him. We probably had a shot if we didn’t spend on bad contracts. Kevin King being one of them.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

paco wrote:
I assume he’s talking about Lazard and Tim Boyle?

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yeah he did say "people" are coming to play with him, not "good players." 8-)
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

OMG the woodwork is just exploding now with Rodgers comments, as though he was in total control of the Green Bay Packers organizational decisions, does anyone remember Bert Ferve wearing the GM hat for the 5 years of the Mike Sherman regime? I guess not :rotf:

and the rumors over JJ Watt never end either, I admit I sure wish we could have brought in both of the Watt bros. we could have had one, but not the other.

on news we can use front, Quadzilla has found his feet is at the book stores, so rush out and get your kid a copy :aok:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
20 Apr 2023 14:09
Yeah he did say "people" are coming to play with him, not "good players." 8-)
well I had some people come and play with me yesterday, and about the only thing I pass these days is gas :rotf:

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

lupedafiasco wrote:
20 Apr 2023 13:10
BSA wrote:
paco wrote:
JJ Watt turned away because we couldn’t afford him. We probably had a shot if we didn’t spend on bad contracts. Kevin King being one of them.
It is worse than that. Remember that ALL of Packer Nation was screaming for Gute to take TJ Watt late 1st that year when still available at their pick. Instead Gute trades down and takes King. Yet some still insist Gute is a good GM.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

wallyuwl wrote:
20 Apr 2023 18:21
lupedafiasco wrote:
20 Apr 2023 13:10
BSA wrote:

It is worse than that. Remember that ALL of Packer Nation was screaming for Gute to take TJ Watt late 1st that year when still available at their pick. Instead Gute trades down and takes King. Yet some still insist Gute is a good GM.
Only problem being that Gutekunst didn't become GM until Jan. 8th 2018. Kevin King was drafted on April 28th, 2017.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."