Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I think it's short sighted to look at last season as any more then a anomaly, we had a terrible disconnect with our secondary for over half a season, we lost our best pass rusher, we started the season patching together our OL, we had huge retooling at the WR position, and our best performing unit was ST's, if not for the ability of our run game the situation would have been even worse.

last your was a abnormality compared to our usual product.

yes it seems Detroit is on a better path, but Minny is in decline, and the Bears, well, we still own the Bears

I expect to win the division,

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Would have been first ballot if God graced him with better hamstrings.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Man, they don’t make many like him.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Gotta click to see the bottom. Priceless.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

the monsters of the midway. :munch:

heres a breakdown of the QB's who've passed for 4000 yrds a season for those interested

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/who-ha ... %20seasons.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
23 Apr 2023 07:46

heres a breakdown of the QB's who've passed for 4000 yrds a season for those interested

This is a really good representation of the fact that when Rodgers was at his high, he was as good as it possibly gets. Just didn't do it as long or as consistently as some other guys and some of that is due to circumstances (waiting 3 years to start, injuries in the middle of his career).

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
23 Apr 2023 08:08
Yoop wrote:
23 Apr 2023 07:46

This is a really good representation of the fact that when Rodgers was at his high, he was as good as it possibly gets. Just didn't do it as long or as consistently as some other guys and some of that is due to circumstances (waiting 3 years to start, injuries in the middle of his career).
yep played 30 games less then the top 4 QB's on the list, 60 games less then the top 2.

Bree's with 8 seasons over 4500 yrds and 5 over 5000 yrds who hardly lost a game to injury was also considered a small QB, Bryce Young would have some huge shoes to fill to be remembered as Drew Brees clone though.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Also now, per over the cap, packers about 54 million under the ‘24 cap.

Need to add about $20m for Love, and also about $20m cap savings if we cut or trade Bak.

Gary needs a contract.

Dillon, Nijman and JRJ are the other big possible resigns.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

BF004 wrote:
24 Apr 2023 19:55
:woohoo:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

BF004 wrote:

Need to add about $20m for Love, and also about $20m cap savings if we cut or trade Bak.

Gary needs a contract.

Are you suggesting that we have, in effect, ripped off the band-aid?

:-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:

Gary needs a contract.

Yeah, but…

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Ingalls is just mad because he didn't think we could get more than a 2nd and a pick swap for Rodgers so he has to pour water on the heads of excited Packers fans today :mrgreen:

He thought the conditional pick would start at a 4th and only make it to a 1 with insane conditions. And he thought the Packers would have to give back a 2025. He was at the very very low end of compensation predictions and was condescending to all the Packers fans who expected more.

I think he needs to stick to the cap. Haha.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Is it me or has Ingalls become... weird in his analysis as a whole. He makes assumptions, but then completely misses that the Packers are not keeping Bakhtiari at $40 million against the cap in 2024 or that putting Gary at $22 million in cap hit is almost certainly not back loading it, which will happen or that there is just no way the 2024 draft class will cost $15 million against the cap on it's own.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 24 Apr 2023 23:08, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Apr 2023 22:57
Is it me or is Ingalls become... weird in his analysis as a whole. He makes assumptions, but then completely misses that the Packers are not keeping Bakhtiari at $40 million against the cap in 2024 or that putting Gary at $22 million in cap hit is almost certainly not back loading it which will happen or that this is just no way the 2024 draft class will cost $15 million against the cap on it's own.
Agreed. It's like he's going out of his way to show a worst-case scenario, which annoys me because I am also concerned with the state of the cap and the practices going into it, but Ingalls as the voice of Packers cap on Twitter has sort of made cap concerns a "cry wolf" effect. Now no one cares.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

No way Gary will hit $22.5M on cap next year, packers never front, or even evenly, load contracts.

No way the next two draft classes count $32M with only 2m in top 51 offsets. We got like 30 picks, we will never keep all of them and the offset has to be much bigger.

Not sure why Ingalls seems to have a some weird agenda lately instead of just trying to be accurate.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Correct me if I am wrong, but can't the Packers sign Love to a long term contract instead of the 5th year option? And push some of the cap out a couple of years?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

TheSkeptic wrote:
25 Apr 2023 06:34
Correct me if I am wrong, but can't the Packers sign Love to a long term contract instead of the 5th year option? And push some of the cap out a couple of years?
I'll one up you. The Packers can do a 5th year option and THEN sign him on a new deal that could effectively wipe out the 5th year option based on the structure of the new contract.

I sense you have a TON of concern over the 5th year option based on your miriade of posts about it the last few months. I encourage you to not worry about the 5th year option for Jordan Love. Having any quarterback for only $20 million of cap hit in a season is a steal. The only thing that would hurt us is if we 5th year Love and he absolutely bombs this year and we know he isn't the guy.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

TheSkeptic wrote:
25 Apr 2023 06:34
Yep, he is eligible.

I think I earlier suggested about a new 3 year $60M contract with around $30M guaranteed.

That would be the 8 this year, plus 20 5th year option and +32M expected franchise tag value.

We still essentially are on the hook for just the same 28/30m we can play cap games then. Then we’d actually get another year of cap control. We get a happier QB.

Jordan pretty much gets the same money he’d make over 3 years, and could pretty much just get his ‘23 and ‘24 money now. JG Wentworth approved. Although he’d lose an extra franchise year and bargaining chip at the end.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

BF004 wrote:
25 Apr 2023 06:52
... JG Wentworth approved...
Dammit, now I have that jingle stuck in my head :bkw:
Call 877-CASH-NOW!!!
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »