Rodgers Traded

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Scott4Pack wrote:
25 Apr 2023 13:52
Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Apr 2023 23:09
Honestly the thing I am most excited about right now is that the 2023 Packers draft will not be overshadowed by Rodgers/Packers drama!!
Yes! I am also excited to see if we can now sign a couple of FAs after the draft, once 12’s salary clears the cap (transfers to the Jets).
12's salary isn't "clearing the cap"

$40 million of Aaron Rodger is being absorbed this year. In fact, our cap hit on Aaron Rodgers for 2023 is worse now than it was before the trade. That's why we had to clear space so we could actually trade Rodgers before June 1.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

will rodgers have any cap hit, dead or otherwise on the '24 roster?
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

Drj820 wrote:
25 Apr 2023 14:07
nope. We are done after this season.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Drj820 wrote:
My understanding was that taking the $40M hit this year (2023) meant that we would be clear of 12’s salary impact in 2024.

That said, the Pack needs to decide by 1 May whether to exercise the 5th year option on Love. That’ll cost some money.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Scott4Pack wrote:
25 Apr 2023 14:10
Drj820 wrote:
My understanding was that taking the $40M hit this year (2023) meant that we would be clear of 12’s salary impact in 2024.

That said, the Pack needs to decide by 1 May whether to exercise the 5th year option on Love. That’ll cost some money.
good news. no doubt they will do the 5th year for Love.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
If they keep it as it's structured currently and $40 million is hit in 2023....we will have no more cap absorption in 2024.

Honestly it doesn't matter "when" it is absorbed because we can just roll any unused 2023 cap into 2024. The most important thing to know is we must absorb the remaining $40 million of money paid but not yet recognized on the cap. If we play any tricks to lessen the 2023 hit, then it would roll into 2024.

But as of right now, it will likely all be recognized in 2023.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

go pak go wrote:
25 Apr 2023 14:34
Drj820 wrote:
If they keep it as it's structured currently and $40 million is hit in 2023....we will have no more cap absorption in 2024.

Honestly it doesn't matter "when" it is absorbed because we can just roll any unused 2023 cap into 2024. The most important thing to know is we must absorb the remaining $40 million of money paid but not yet recognized on the cap. If we play any tricks to lessen the 2023 hit, then it would roll into 2024.

But as of right now, it will likely all be recognized in 2023.
Gute and Ball have kicked the can down the road on way too many bad contracts via restructuring. Just needs to be 1 year of sucking and get it all cleared out.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

So, early predictions on record?

Playing in the AFC East, probably best divisions in football.

Then ya got AFC West and NFC East. 2nd and 3rd best division in football?

Get the Falcons and Texans in their additional games. Being last place has its advantages.

Honestly I count a good 7-8 wins likely? Maybe get to 10-11 on the ceiling with a few breaks/luck.

I’d say maybe close to 50/50 odds we end up with a top 18 pick.

Gunna be really hard to root against Rodgers and Lazard and TBLS and prolly Cobb and maybe Lewis. Wins and losses will all be bittersweet.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

BF004 wrote:
25 Apr 2023 16:46
So, early predictions on record?

Playing in the AFC East, probably best divisions in football.

Then ya got AFC West and NFC East. 2nd and 3rd best division in football?

Get the Falcons and Texans in their additional games. Being last place has its advantages.

Honestly I count a good 7-8 wins likely? Maybe get to 10-11 on the ceiling with a few breaks/luck.

I’d say maybe close to 50/50 odds we end up with a top 18 pick.

Gunna be really hard to root against Rodgers and Lazard and TBLS and prolly Cobb and maybe Lewis. Wins and losses will all be bittersweet.
I think jets make the superbowl.

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

I think they are a 12-5 team now.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Apr 2023 10:26
In the end, the Packers fleeced the Jets for Aaron Rodgers
Posted by Mike Florio on April 25, 2023, 9:37 AM EDT

New York Jets v Green Bay Packers
Getty Images
Several weeks ago, we argued that the Jets should act like they’re from New York/New Jersey. Instead, they did a deal that wouldn’t have even qualified for a set of steak knives in Glengarry Glen Ross.
I think this article is a good example of how Florio makes a living by simply disagreeing with something. Nevermind the Jets got the only QB they would confide in for one, two, or maybe three seasons. This Florio makes a living by disputing things.

Sure, the Packers got the better end of the deal, I think. But they got what they wanted. The Packers got what they wanted. And nobody is hanging their heads low or on fighting terms now.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Class act by Rodgers on the way out. Sad to hear so many despise him on the radio and online. The greatest Packer this team has ever had and it’s not even close.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
25 Apr 2023 18:21
Class act by Rodgers on the way out. Sad to hear so many despise him on the radio and online. The greatest Packer this team has ever had and it’s not even close.
Many fans here hated him because he didn’t just bend over and take abuse from Murphy. They also didn’t like that he didn’t want blood clots from the jab. Quite sad. I wish him well in the future.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Drj820 wrote:
25 Apr 2023 18:33
lupedafiasco wrote:
Many fans here hated him because he didn’t just bend over and take abuse from Murphy. They also didn’t like that he didn’t want blood clots from the jab. Quite sad. I wish him well in the future.
He is his own man with his own thoughts based on facts he actively pursues. A lot of people don't like that. He did become a bit of a diva toward the end, not all that different than the legend he replaced. I wish him nothing but the best, too.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
I don't think Aaron Rodgers is the "greatest Packer this team has ever had". There's a long list that would have to be sorted out and it's quite possible no Packer could be crowned the greatest Packer this team has ever had. There'd be too many ties.

Notwithstanding all of my well-known respect for the great Lombardi Packers ............. first on my list is probably (emphasis on the word probably) is Reggie White. Reggie brought a "greatness" to the Packers that had been missing since the end of the 1967 season.

When we talk about "greatest Packer this team has ever had" it might be useful to define the "greatest Bear, or the greatest Cowboy or the the greatest Steeler or the greatest Raider, etc etc." These are tough decisions. Walter Payton, Roger Staubach, Joe Greene. Or Dick Butkus, Bob Lilly or Jack Lambert? Etc Etc. Lions --> Barry Sanders. Cleveland --> Jimmy Brown. Minnesota --> Alan Page. New York Giants --> Beats me. Patriots --> Tom Brady. Falcons --> Claude Humphrey or Tommy Nobis. Raiders --> same problem as the 1960s Packers .... you can't pick just one.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
Did anyone expect him not to do this? He has always been grateful at being a Packer. But please stop with all this greatest Packer of all time. He was one of many. We have been very fortunate as an organization to have great players on the field and as organizational ambassadors. Why do people insist on ranking athletes? Just enjoy the fact we are fans of the most unique franchise in all of sports!

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

I have always been a huge Rodgers fan, but no, he's not the greatest Packer ever. He's not even above Favre, despite being obviously better.

I thought when we won it in 2010 that Rodgers would easily surpass Favre's accomplishments, let alone tie them, but we never even made it back, partially due to Rodgers' style of going into a shell in the playoffs.

But ultimately, it's similar to what [mention]RingoCStarrQB[/mention] said. Reggie White and Favre brought us back to life after 3 decades of futility. We were basically the Lions or Browns for 3 decades, and they made us finally win again. For that, they will always be more special to this franchise, even though Rodgers is one of my favorite players of all time (and I even like his off-field antics).

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Rodgers not GPOAT, no way.