Rodgers Traded

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

No other Packer will wear #12 again. Rodgers will be immortalized in Green Bay folklore.

Rodgers rarely threw INTs. His pinpoint passing guided the Packers…who won a lot of games, had some great seasons, and won a SB.

And we were fortunate to watch it all! How great is that!
Love is the answer…

kampmanfan4life
Reactions:

Post by kampmanfan4life »

paco wrote:
25 Apr 2023 18:16
I honestly shed one tear reading this. Right move for both sides.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

If we had em over a barrel we would have gotten the 13 without sending back the 15. We would have just sent back like our 2 or 3.

Fact is, both sides had good reasons to get the deal done, and both sides did what needed to be done to do that.

It’s not like they got robbed. They get #15 overall and a HOFer. Not bad.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Drj820 wrote:
25 Apr 2023 22:11
If we had em over a barrel we would have gotten the 13 without sending back the 15. We would have just sent back like our 2 or 3.

Fact is, both sides had good reasons to get the deal done, and both sides did what needed to be done to do that.

The more of Brandt's tweets I see the more I think his opinions no longer matter, he is too far and long removed.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

wallyuwl wrote:
25 Apr 2023 22:24
Drj820 wrote:

The more of Brandt's tweets I see the more I think his opinions no longer matter, he is too far and long removed.
I have seen enough Brandt interviews now to be close to sure he is an idiot.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Drj820 wrote:

100%

This isn't the Mongol empire.

The Jets and Packers do business with one another, share in profits, will continue to do business together.

Ultimately it's about coming to a commercial deal.

Someone will say a mid late 1st equivalent is good some will say it's bad, however it's not an outlier either way.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

bud fox wrote:
26 Apr 2023 03:11
Drj820 wrote:

100%

This isn't the Mongol empire.

The Jets and Packers do business with one another, share in profits, will continue to do business together.

Ultimately it's about coming to a commercial deal.

Someone will say a mid late 1st equivalent is good some will say it's bad, however it's not an outlier either way.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

lupedafiasco wrote:
25 Apr 2023 18:21
Class act by Rodgers on the way out. Sad to hear so many despise him on the radio and online. The greatest Packer this team has ever had and it’s not even close.
Wow, when did you start following them?

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

When all is said and done, its still the $40+ million cap hit this year we all expected. But interesting to see what was all jockeyd around.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco wrote:
26 Apr 2023 08:55
When all is said and done, its still the $40+ million cap hit this year we all expected. But interesting to see what was all jockeyd around.
Not a bad way to pretty much force Rodgers into playing at least 2 years. :lol:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
25 Apr 2023 19:17
lupedafiasco wrote:
25 Apr 2023 18:21
Class act by Rodgers on the way out. Sad to hear so many despise him on the radio and online. The greatest Packer this team has ever had and it’s not even close.
I don't think Aaron Rodgers is the "greatest Packer this team has ever had". There's a long list that would have to be sorted out and it's quite possible no Packer could be crowned the greatest Packer this team has ever had. There'd be too many ties.

Notwithstanding all of my well-known respect for the great Lombardi Packers ............. first on my list is probably (emphasis on the word probably) is Reggie White. Reggie brought a "greatness" to the Packers that had been missing since the end of the 1967 season.

When we talk about "greatest Packer this team has ever had" it might be useful to define the "greatest Bear, or the greatest Cowboy or the the greatest Steeler or the greatest Raider, etc etc." These are tough decisions. Walter Payton, Roger Staubach, Joe Greene. Or Dick Butkus, Bob Lilly or Jack Lambert? Etc Etc. Lions --> Barry Sanders. Cleveland --> Jimmy Brown. Minnesota --> Alan Page. New York Giants --> Beats me. Patriots --> Tom Brady. Falcons --> Claude Humphrey or Tommy Nobis. Raiders --> same problem as the 1960s Packers .... you can't pick just one.
come on, pull your head out of the microwave oven :lol:( just kidding) the Rodge was on pace to be the undisputed master of disaster against any opponent until his general managers neglected to fortify the WR position for 8 years, you and others neglect to accept the reality's of that, a 6 shooter colt python revolver is no different then a single shot pistol if ya only load 1 chamber.

whats outright amazing is THE Rodge had 10 4000 yrd passing seasons with all these scrub receivers, Brett had 6 4000 yrd seasons with also a bunch of scrubs, and both are first ballot HOF QB's, can you just imagine if either where gifted with more then just one feature receiver longer during there careers? neither had a seam bursting TE either.

THE RODGE was as important and as good at his position as any on your list,
Last edited by Yoop on 27 Apr 2023 14:19, edited 1 time in total.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

you dont get crowned the goat in GB by only going to one SB while you were on a cheap deal early in your career. Sorry.

Great HOF player though. Lots of good memories.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Interesting. I didn't know about the extra cap charge and then credit on 2024. This is better for both sides. Easier too.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
26 Apr 2023 09:20
you dont get crowned the goat in GB by only going to one SB while you were on a cheap deal early in your career. Sorry.

if you only rank a QB by championships, specially when he was never the reason we didn't win more then have the QB's in the HOF wouldn't be there.

Starr needed 13 HOF players to win those championships, can you even contemplate the production Rodgers could have produced with there help?

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
26 Apr 2023 09:28
Drj820 wrote:

if you only rank a QB by championships, specially when he was never the reason we didn't win more then have the QB's in the HOF wouldn't be there.

Starr needed 13 HOF players to win those championships, can you even contemplate the production Rodgers could have produced with there help?
I actually do blame Rodgers for the 2021 NFCCG loss. Threw the pick right before half that gave Kevin King an extra chance to screw up. Did not run the ball on 3rd and 8 when there was lots of green grass, instead forced the ball in the end zone and we ended up kicking a FG

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I have seen so many photoshopped pics of Rodgers in a Jets uni that seeing him in their colors doesn't register as unusual. Heh...
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Drj820 wrote:
26 Apr 2023 09:40
Yoop wrote:
26 Apr 2023 09:28
Drj820 wrote:

I actually do blame Rodgers for the 2021 NFCCG loss. Threw the pick right before half that gave Kevin King an extra chance to screw up. Did not run the ball on 3rd and 8 when there was lots of green grass, instead forced the ball in the end zone and we ended up kicking a FG
You mean the pick that was clearly defensive holding and pass interference and Lazard got out muscles by a DB 3 inches shorter and 30 pounds lighter? That pick?
Cancelled by the forum elites.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
26 Apr 2023 08:59
paco wrote:
26 Apr 2023 08:55
Not a bad way to pretty much force Rodgers into playing at least 2 years. :lol:
It could also set up for more Rodgers drama come next off-season. It'll be nice to view it from the outside-in for a change.