Day 2 Draft Discussion

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Which positions should we add (choose 3)

WR
30%
TE
33%
T
8%
IOL
2%
QB
2%
DL
9%
LB
No votes
CB
2%
S
11%
K
No votes
Shut up BF
5%

Total votes: 64

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

How about Brian Branch if he’s there?

Honestly never looked a ton into him. Getting to be proper value for him, or is his athleticism still a disqualifier?

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

BF004 wrote:
28 Apr 2023 13:21

Honestly never looked a ton into him. Getting to be proper value for him, or is his athleticism still a disqualifier?
Those are some pretty bad numbers. You at least want a guy with upside and he isn't it.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

wallyuwl wrote:
28 Apr 2023 13:23
BF004 wrote:
28 Apr 2023 13:21

Those are some pretty bad numbers. You at least want a guy with upside and he isn't it.
Would like to see this backed up. But I feel safety is maybe one of the positions least correlated with athleticism or RAS in particular.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Would love OL, WR and TE today. OL if Mauch, otherwise S.

I got Mayer pretty far ahead of the other TEs. But I like a lot of them around 45, 78 and 100, maybe even the 5th.

I guess I have a big 3 left at WR, Mingo, Rice, Hyatt in that order. I would imagine at least one is still there around 42 and 45. If we don’t get one of them, I’ll almost ok waiting till like round 4 or 5, and probably double dipping again late.

OL I’m not as familiar with in the later rounds. Mauch is my guy today early if he’s there. If not him not sure who I like. But it’s damn hard to not be excited about whoever we’d pick in the 4th.

So I think maybe ideal today. Trade up for Mayer, trade back a little from 45 to get that 4th back, hopefully Hyatt, Mingo or Rice still there. Then maybe a safety a 3rd.

Then OL tomorrow. Don’t really care after that, RB, QB, another TE, DL and probably a K in some order.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I could live with this.

And I would miss Mayer, but I’d laugh my ass off if the Lions spent 2 top 18 picks, 3 top 34 picks, and they get a RB, TE and off ball LB.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

The But

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I think my Small Board looks something like:

At 43:
1. Branch
2. Benton (after him, -huge- drop off in talent at this position)
3. OL: Mauch, Avila, Bergeron, Schmidts
4. WR: Tillman, Hyatt (ok with him in R2), Mingo, Perry (he may be more of a R3 target though)
5. Charbonnet
maybe: Cam Smith as a S

At 45, best remaining TE in this order: Mayer, Wash, Sam LP, Kraft/Musgrave (can't decide who I like better).

If there's a TE run then and only one or two remain at 43, maybe I switch those around, but I'm not too worried about that.
Last edited by Labrev on 28 Apr 2023 14:32, edited 1 time in total.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
28 Apr 2023 14:07
The But

Am I the only one that's tired of Drew Pearson? Pretty sure I've muted him the last couple of years when he goes up there.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I don't even care. Grab 2 TEs at 42 and 45. Hopefully all are there. Mayer/LaPorta, Washington/LaPorta, Mayer/Musgrave, Washington/Musgrave.

If not both in the 2nd, still like Kraft, Schoonmaker, Kuntz, and Whyle later.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I really love Mingo and I know there’s not a lot of WRs so he probably goes in the second but I really truly value him as a 3rd.

Wish we lived in a world where he would be there at 78 for us. But scary to cross our fingers and hope.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

BF004 wrote:
28 Apr 2023 13:36
I guess I have a big 3 left at WR, Mingo, Rice, Hyatt in that order. I would imagine at least one is still there around 42 and 45. If we don’t get one of them, I’ll almost ok waiting till like round 4 or 5, and probably double dipping again late.
I suppose I am pretty close to that being ideal for today, except I would put more emphasis on TE. But we should be able to pick a WR or TE, trade back, pick another TE or WR, and select a Safety or DLineman.

As you wrote, if Guty gets all that done, it’s almost trivial who we would pick later. That’s why I wouldn’t even mind if we use our 6th round pick for a kicker.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

YoHoChecko wrote:
28 Apr 2023 14:49
I really love Mingo and I know there’s not a lot of WRs so he probably goes in the second but I really truly value him as a 3rd.

Wish we lived in a world where he would be there at 78 for us. But scary to cross our fingers and hope.
If Mingo (or any other player) only “has 3rd round value” but gets picked in the second, then he really has 2nd round value. So if he is your guy then just go and get him.

:-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

BF004 wrote:
28 Apr 2023 14:07
The But

Damn. I don't see Ed Marinaro on that list.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I truly cannot wait for tonight. I love Day two.

But I also have one player I still desperately don't want who a lot of people like for us and who there were rumors connecting (Hyatt)

And I have like 5 players I would LOVE to have. And we can only get 2 or 3. And we likely, by the odds, won't get any.

I have many more emotions about tonight than last night. The first round for me is more of a time to get the highest upside player you can while Day Two is when I want to fill needs with personal favorites.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Highest level of YoHo want:

Darnell Washington
Jonathan Mingo

YoHo would really like:

Sam LaPorta
Michael Mayer
Matthew Bergeron
Keanu Benton
Tomi Adeboware

Absolutely solid pick that I can't complain about but who doesn't stir emotions in me:

Cedric Tillman
Brian Branch
Cody Mauch
Luke Musgrave
Tucker Kraft
BJ Ojulari (would have been higher if we didn't already take a pass rusher, but they're different players)
Keion White (would have been higher if we didn't already take a pass rusher, but they're different players)

YoHo Disappointment:

Everyone not listed

Would Absolutely Hate in Round Two:
Jalin Hyatt
Hendon Hooker
Will Levis

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Scott4Pack wrote:
28 Apr 2023 15:03
BF004 wrote:
28 Apr 2023 13:36
I suppose I am pretty close to that being ideal for today, except I would put more emphasis on TE. But we should be able to pick a WR or TE, trade back, pick another TE or WR, and select a Safety or DLineman.

As you wrote, if Guty gets all that done, it’s almost trivial who we would pick later. That’s why I wouldn’t even mind if we use our 6th round pick for a kicker.
Kicker is very important, never really understood the angst with drafting a kicker or a punter, although it sounds like the league wants to discontinue kickoffs, still need to be able to kick FG's.

I think we should draft a couple receivers, maybe a couple TE's and a receiver, maybe a older vet in UFA, Watson, Doubs Touri, and Dequara, Davis ???? isn't enough for a scrimmage.

about a hour till we trade up to nab Mayers :lol:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
28 Apr 2023 16:41

Darnell Washington
Jonathan Mingo

YoHo would really like:

Sam LaPorta
Michael Mayer
Matthew Bergeron
Keanu Benton
Tomi Adeboware

Absolutely solid pick that I can't complain about but who doesn't stir emotions in me:

Cedric Tillman
Brian Branch
Cody Mauch
Luke Musgrave
Tucker Kraft
BJ Ojulari (would have been higher if we didn't already take a pass rusher, but they're different players)
Keion White (would have been higher if we didn't already take a pass rusher, but they're different players)

YoHo Disappointment:

Everyone not listed

Would Absolutely Hate in Round Two:
Jalin Hyatt
Hendon Hooker
Will Levis
Hyatt and Hooker are two future HOFers
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
28 Apr 2023 16:50
Hyatt is a future Will Fuller. They are clones of each other in almost every way.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

YoHoChecko wrote:
28 Apr 2023 16:41

Darnell Washington
Jonathan Mingo
Also, can I just say how personally it is so weird to me that this is such a consensus, basic, Packer fan opinion because I genuinely have been hyping these guys as fits for us since before the combine? Like it just feels rare that my random favorites become such typical Packer fan favorites.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

YoHoChecko wrote:
28 Apr 2023 16:52
Drj820 wrote:
28 Apr 2023 16:50
Hyatt is a future Will Fuller. They are clones of each other in almost every way.
I actually like Hooker a ton, but I like Jordan Love and want just one season without weird QB drama