Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Just throwing some measurables out at some of the common comps.

Kraft and Goedert both went to the same school, so I thought the comps would be lazy, but they look darn close.

Musgrave and Kelce is WILDLY optimisatic, but the numbers really line up, as has been mentioned other places.

I also listed Kincaid's size just to emphasize that he's the shortest and lightest and even before he broke his back and missed testing, was not assumed to be a much different athlete than these guys, but I wouldn't have been shocked if Kincaid's c.o.d. numbers were the best of this group, had he been healthy enough to try them

image.png
image.png (29.88 KiB) Viewed 589 times

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
29 Apr 2023 10:34
optimisatic

Is this a typo or a fun new word? Either way, it’s in my vocabulary now. :lol:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
29 Apr 2023 10:50
YoHoChecko wrote:
optimisatic

That is a little dicktacious of you.

Read More. Post Less.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

NCF wrote:
29 Apr 2023 10:54
BF004 wrote:
29 Apr 2023 10:50
YoHoChecko wrote:
optimisatic

That is a little dicktacious of you.
Couldn't find that in my dicktionary. Thanks for edjaculating me on all these words. :idea:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
29 Apr 2023 11:21
I do think both have high bust potential. Especially Kraft because the talent gap but I think Musgrave will develop nicely into a Gesecki type at the very worst.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

For those wanting to compare Tucker Kraft to Dallas Goedert, coming from a South Dakota boy....Tucker Kraft is significantly better than Dallas Goedert.

Kraft has a colorful personality (think Kelce, Kittle, Gronk personality)
Kraft is a better blocker. I mean SDSU absolutely oblitereated teams. Like it was watching a college team play a high school team in the postseason.
Kraft showed up more in big games. Kraft was an NDSU killa.

I cannot understate how I excited I am about our tight ends. Because from all that excitement over Kraft...Musgrave is the best TE prospect in this class. I have felt that way for a long time and never dreamed he would be available to us in Rd 2.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

lupedafiasco wrote:
29 Apr 2023 11:24
I do think both have high bust potential. Especially Kraft because the talent gap but I think Musgrave will develop nicely into a Gesecki type at the very worst.
Our draft, as much as I like it, is very risky. All of our prospects are high-upside guys with questions about their production except for Reed; Reed has questions about his other stuff, but not his production.

I like the high upside dice rolls in large quantities. Buy more high-payout tickets, better chance of a big winner.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
29 Apr 2023 11:38
lupedafiasco wrote:
29 Apr 2023 11:24
Our draft, as much as I like it, is very risky. All of our prospects are high-upside guys with questions about their production except for Reed; Reed has questions about his other stuff, but not his production.

I like the high upside dice rolls in large quantities. Buy more high-payout tickets, better chance of a big winner.
Yup. High Ceiling is the theme of the 2023 NFL draft.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
29 Apr 2023 11:33
For those wanting to compare Tucker Kraft to Dallas Goedert, coming from a South Dakota boy....Tucker Kraft is significantly better than Dallas Goedert.

Kraft is a better blocker. I mean SDSU absolutely oblitereated teams. Like it was watching a college team play a high school team in the postseason.

I cannot understate how I excited I am about our tight ends. Because from all that excitement over Kraft...Musgrave is the best TE prospect in this class. I have felt that way for a long time and never dreamed he would be available to us in Rd 2.
Good! Thanks for sharing 8-)

Goedert was, as I recall, a famously poor blocker; so that doesn't surprise me. Same school, same athletic profile, but different skillsets and demeanor. Fun times.

I feel like his competitiveness and personality will help get the best out of Musgrave, whose personality and competitiveness seems good/fine, but these two coming in together could be a fun race to playing time as friendly motivation--even though they'll have different usage.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

So we're going to need to find a kicker, huh?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:

I liked KIncaid more, but I had Musgrave # 3 right behind Mayer, and certainly more then Laporta, games played in college held Musgrave back imo.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
29 Apr 2023 12:39
go pak go wrote:

I liked KIncaid more, but I had Musgrave # 3 right behind Mayer, and certainly more then Laporta, games played in college held Musgrave back imo.
I'm not going to devalue a guy because of injury. If anything that is a steal for us because you have to rely on projection.

Kincaid doesn't even try to block. Musgrave is willing. It is why I was much more on the Musgrave train than the Kincaid train. I need my tight ends to at least try and block.
Yoop wrote:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Training Camp is going to be awesome this year. So much talent............so much anticipation.............so much positive vibe. :aok:

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
29 Apr 2023 15:54
Training Camp is going to be awesome this year. So much talent............so much anticipation.............so much positive vibe. :aok:
Goal for 2023: Keep these guys healthy and let them grow!
:-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Strange response imo
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Wonder if they are trying to get a longer deal done.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

This matters. What an awesome person. I'm pushing what's she selling. We drank and laughed together tonight and she's gonna be the next big thing.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
29 Apr 2023 23:44
This matters. What an awesome person. I'm pushing what's she selling. We drank and laughed together tonight and she's gonna be the next big thing. She s packer fan...from Detroit living in Chicago hahahah.

Tooothsome Jeb
Reactions:

Post by Tooothsome Jeb »

YoHoChecko wrote:
26 Apr 2023 21:08
Carpenter plays defense? :lol:
He's still on the practice squad?