Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Tooothsome Jeb
Reactions:

Post by Tooothsome Jeb »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
29 Apr 2023 23:44
This matters. What an awesome person. I'm pushing what's she selling. We drank and laughed together tonight and she's gonna be the next big thing.

Get a girlfriend, man. She's annoying and formulaic. The right side of I er face is asymmetric. I mean her left. When she figures her camera out we'll know for sure.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
29 Apr 2023 12:42
Yoop wrote:
29 Apr 2023 12:39
go pak go wrote:
29 Apr 2023 11:33
For those wanting to compare Tucker Kraft to Dallas Goedert, coming from a South Dakota boy....Tucker Kraft is significantly better than Dallas Goedert.

Kraft has a colorful personality (think Kelce, Kittle, Gronk personality)
Kraft is a better blocker. I mean SDSU absolutely oblitereated teams. Like it was watching a college team play a high school team in the postseason.
Kraft showed up more in big games. Kraft was an NDSU killa.

I cannot understate how I excited I am about our tight ends. Because from all that excitement over Kraft...Musgrave is the best TE prospect in this class. I have felt that way for a long time and never dreamed he would be available to us in Rd 2.
I liked KIncaid more, but I had Musgrave # 3 right behind Mayer, and certainly more then Laporta, games played in college held Musgrave back imo.
I'm not going to devalue a guy because of injury. If anything that is a steal for us because you have to rely on projection.

Kincaid doesn't even try to block. Musgrave is willing. It is why I was much more on the Musgrave train than the Kincaid train. I need my tight ends to at least try and block.
I don't know where you read that KIncaid doesn't block, it's false according to several draft people, he is a willing blocker, the blocking stuff takes time for all TE's.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
29 Apr 2023 22:26
Strange response imo
Very strange.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
30 Apr 2023 07:15
Drj820 wrote:
Strange response imo
Very strange.
Could have just said “we are working through these things, the matter will be settled by Tuesday”

Instead he basically says “he hasn’t played so we don’t know if he’s worth the money or not”

Seemed like a veiled shot at Love at worse, and a total lack of confidence or endorsement in our future starter at best.

Oh well tho, I bet they pick it up.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I am optimistic about Love, but it's a tough call.

There is an appeal in both motivating him further by playing for a big pay-day, while also not risking being on the hook for a lemon. And if he plays well, negotiate an extension. If you're worried about him hitting the market, slap the franchise tag on. If he's good, he'll be worth it.

The only argument for the fifth-year option that you can't make the same or better argument for declining is, he put in the work and waited patiently, to his benefit at first, but arguably to his detriment last year. So he deserves to be rewarded not only morally, but practically: show players that they can trust we will do right by them even if they are not alwaus happy with their assignments. It would really suck for Love if, after all that, he gets injured before he can put good tape out there.

You might be left paying tens of millions of dollars for a dud, sure, but it's just one year.

I would pick up the option, but it makes a lot of business sense not to.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
30 Apr 2023 09:20
YoHoChecko wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
Strange response imo
Very strange.
Could have just said “we are working through these things, the matter will be settled by Tuesday”

Instead he basically says “he hasn’t played so we don’t know if he’s worth the money or not”

Seemed like a veiled shot at Love at worse, and a total lack of confidence or endorsement in our future starter at best.

he was just guarding his comment and didn't even want to take the question, so he shut it off, so those questions had no place to go, he has as much faith in Love as any GM starting a young QB, 60% of 1st round QB's are bust, 10% are mediocre, only 29% do well as starting QB's, it's almost impossible to predict how well one will do.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Labrev wrote:
30 Apr 2023 09:54
I am optimistic about Love, but it's a tough call.

There is an appeal in both motivating him further by playing for a big pay-day, while also not risking being on the hook for a lemon. And if he plays well, negotiate an extension. If you're worried about him hitting the market, slap the franchise tag on. If he's good, he'll be worth it.

The only argument for the fifth-year option that you can't make the same or better argument for declining is, he put in the work and waited patiently, to his benefit at first, but arguably to his detriment last year. So he deserves to be rewarded not only morally, but practically: show players that they can trust we will do right by them even if they are not alwaus happy with their assignments. It would really suck for Love if, after all that, he gets injured before he can put good tape out there.

You might be left paying tens of millions of dollars for a dud, sure, but it's just one year.

I would pick up the option, but it makes a lot of business sense not to.
And I think it’s just like 20m, and I think the franchise tag is at least 32m.

I would say we owe him at least a two season commitment at this point. That would be this year, and the next…unless it’s just beyond obvious that he is god awful.

But I would also say that he’s been in the building for 3 years. We should already have a pretty good educated guess as to what kind of qb he will be. We should have a guess whether we think it will work out or not.

If our guess was that it wasn’t…we should have drafted hendon hooker :)

If our guess is that is will work out, the 5th year option should be almost automatic.

Remember, we can continue to try to work out a long term deal even after we hit him with that 5th year option
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Screenshot_20230501-144810.png
Screenshot_20230501-144810.png (1.12 MiB) Viewed 576 times
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Pckfn23 wrote:
30 Apr 2023 16:32
They probably don't want to tell us it was the 2020 draft, lol.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Acrobat wrote:
01 May 2023 16:16
Pckfn23 wrote:
was that sarcasm? :idn:

had to be prior to 2018, Ted was no longer the GM, probably counted on others in the 2017 draft as well to help him.

I think it probably happens often, maybe not 3 in a row like that instance of it, we see teams trade up a couple picks often because they expect one or several teams in front of them to take a player they want, if ya can't trade up, then you target another player, lots of trade ups in this draft class. :mrgreen:

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

Drj820 wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
Strange response imo
Very strange.

Still another example of what a poor communicator Gute is. However good he might or might not be at talent evaluations, he really needs to work on his communication skills.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Guessing we tacked on some void years.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

williewasgreat wrote:
02 May 2023 08:03
Drj820 wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

Very strange.

Still another example of what a poor communicator Gute is. However good he might or might not be at talent evaluations, he really needs to work on his communication skills.
Most likely thing to me that I want to be true, is they are negotiating a contract extension, and this is a method of keeping a little leverage. Basically a subtle threat to Dunn that that next years potential money isn't as promised as you think it is.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004 wrote:
02 May 2023 08:57
williewasgreat wrote:
02 May 2023 08:03
Drj820 wrote:

Most likely thing to me that I want to be true, is they are negotiating a contract extension, and this is a method of keeping a little leverage. Basically a subtle threat to Dunn that that next years potential money isn't as promised as you think it is.
:lol:

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Yoop wrote:
01 May 2023 17:03
Acrobat wrote:
01 May 2023 16:16
Pckfn23 wrote:
was that sarcasm? :idn:

had to be prior to 2018, Ted was no longer the GM, probably counted on others in the 2017 draft as well to help him.

I think it probably happens often, maybe not 3 in a row like that instance of it, we see teams trade up a couple picks often because they expect one or several teams in front of them to take a player they want, if ya can't trade up, then you target another player, lots of trade ups in this draft class. :mrgreen:
Yes. Yes it was.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Based.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

If the odd man out is Tyler Doofus, then yeah, please bring him back!!
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
03 May 2023 09:07
Based.

I desperately want this dude in the room for our two new guys. Desperately.

If it doesn't happen, meh. But if it does, Musgrave and Kraft will be godmode in year two.

Why would anyone want Tyler Davis on the roster ahead of Marcedes? It's not like they need him as a long-term development guy after taking two top-80 draft picks

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

I agree. Give me one last year of big dog vs any more time with Davis. Would be great leadership for a young position group.