Rank the Roster 2023: #2

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Who are the next two best players on the Packers?

Poll ended at 04 May 2023 07:03

Kenny Clark
23%
David Bakhtiari
21%
Elgton Jenkins
No votes
Rashan Gary
16%
DeVondre Campbell
No votes
Aaron Jones
26%
Eric Stokes
No votes
AJ Dillon
No votes
Preston Smith
No votes
Rasul Douglas
No votes
Darnell Savage
No votes
Josh Myers
No votes
John Runyan
No votes
Quay Walker
No votes
Devonte Wyatt
No votes
Jordan Love
9%
Christian Watson
5%

Total votes: 43

Waldo
Reactions:

Rank the Roster 2023: #2

Post by Waldo »

Rank The Roster: 2023 Edition

1. Jaire Alexander (43%)[+2]
2. Current (xx%)[--]

Percent of vote the winner got will be in parenthesis, position change vs. 2019 will be in brackets.

Here's how this works:

Each day there is a new thread/poll, starting at #1, on down to whereever we get. The whole point of this exercise is to have something to talk about in the lean news months to carry us to camp. Each poll will be open for voting for 24 hours. New threads will only be created on weekdays. Ties will cause a runoff poll. You may vote up to TWO players (a change that was made mid-poll last year, seemed to work well).

Simply voting is not enough!

Post why you voted for who you did and provide a player to add to the next poll (every poll will be a list of 15-20 guys, new players added in bunches every few days).

Here's the thing. There is no criteria. This is an exercise to foster discussion therefore there are no clear criteria for ranking. Who is better right now? Who will have the best season? Who was better last year? Sort of a combo of them all? Do you take positional value into account? It really doesn't matter.

Previous Years:
Rank the Roster: 2022
Rank the Roster: 2021
Rank the Roster: 2020
Rank the Roster: 2014-2019

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

Jaire gets the first post-Rodgers #1 spot

My order here is: Jones, Gary, Clark, Bak, Dillon
I was dissappointed that Jones wasn't used more in the passing game last year. It'll be interesting to see how much of that was scheme, and how much was it Rodgers' decision making.

This year there doesn't seem to be a good reason to go outside of order drafted for the early rookies. LVN and Doubs should be added in the next batch.

Scheduling-wise Tuesdays are hit or miss (missed yesterday), but I should be able to get one going the rest of weekdays. I might do a weekend poll here or there.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Bak? Really????
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Packfntk wrote:
03 May 2023 08:23
Bak? Really????
YOP! :) :aok: even if recent comments do not endear me to him. :lol: &%$@'ty leader, but, HOF-caliber player, and the only guy on this list I can say that about.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Jones, again easy pick, Bahk when healthy, and he finished that way, so he gets my #2 vote today.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Same reasoning as #1. I am voting for the player who I think is the difference between winning a game and losing.

That player would be Gary but he is coming off an injury that seems to set a player back more than a year so I can't vote for him yet based upon the last 4 games of the season.

My 2 votes are Jordan Love and Christian Watson. Yes, I really do think that in this coming season, Watson will be better than Bakh, Jones or Clark

Probably not likely to take one of my picks off the board this round as happened in the first round when I picked Alexander. But if so, Bakh is on deck for me.

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

Clark for me. Gary as #3

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Clark and Love for me. I don't vote the best Packer player I vote the most missed if unavailable. Gary is prob the best but we managed without bc we have other pass rushers who stepped up.

We still don't have that with Clark. I like Wyatt but a different role. Clark is the lynchpin of the D.

Went Love next. O line functions without Bak. O finds a way without Jones or Watson. We have nothing behind our next great QB

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

we are 34-4 when Jones gets 15 touches a game or more, he was easily our MVP on offense last season, and renegotiated his contract to stay this season and even beyond, what we need or should do is make sure he gets at least 15 or more touches a game, and he deserves those touches specially so close to the goal line, only 2 TD's for him last year, thats criminal.

he is for sure knocking on the door of Canton, may never get in, seems the voting on RB's isn't just a yrds thing, it's receptions and also TD's, if he can do what he did last season for a couple more he deserves to be on a ballot

https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/3-reasons ... n-2023-345

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

What's our record when Jones didn't play? Just asking. I absolutely love the dude both on the field and as a person. He is great. He's a weapon. he's undervalued. I could go on but he's also a running back. There is reason they aren't paid or valued by the league like other positions. They are also plug and play more then anywhere else. It is what it is. We do this every year but I just have a hard time saying man if Jones is out this month we are doomed and have no chance

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
03 May 2023 17:36
What's our record when Jones didn't play? Just asking. I absolutely love the dude both on the field and as a person. He is great. He's a weapon. he's undervalued. I could go on but he's also a running back. There is reason they aren't paid or valued by the league like other positions. They are also plug and play more then anywhere else. It is what it is. We do this every year but I just have a hard time saying man if Jones is out this month we are doomed and have no chance
I don't know, but we are so much better when he plays, lots of RB's have more mileage then Jones, the rumor has always been with McCarthy and now Lafleur platooning 2 RB's is better because of the health issues with the position, imo doing so lengthens the production years of both backs, Jones played banged up for the last 6 or so games last year, so I hear your point, however he played through those bumps and bruises and still ended up with over 1400 yrds.

smart to keep him again this season, good cushion for Love, I voted for him because I expect he'll give us another 1400 yrd season, or more, we vastly under used Jones last season. :idn:

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Yoop wrote:
03 May 2023 17:53
Backthepack4ever wrote:
03 May 2023 17:36
I don't know, but we are so much better when he plays, lots of RB's have more mileage then Jones, the rumor has always been with McCarthy and now Lafleur platooning 2 RB's is better because of the health issues with the position, imo doing so lengthens the production years of both backs, Jones played banged up for the last 6 or so games last year, so I hear your point, however he played through those bumps and bruises and still ended up with over 1400 yrds.

smart to keep him again this season, good cushion for Love, I voted for him because I expect he'll give us another 1400 yrd season, or more, we vastly under used Jones last season. :idn:

All good points Yoop. I've always liked using multiple backs to keep them fresher/healthier long term.

I expect big things from Jones in 23 also. :aok:

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Clark then Jones. Have to go with healthy knees first.

Nixon should be on the board over several there right now.