Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

BF004 wrote:
03 May 2023 08:35
Acrobat wrote:
03 May 2023 08:24
Will Jets fans be wearing cheese heads at home games this year?
That would actually be kind of cool. :lol:
The NY version should require a rat attached to the cheese.

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

Drj820 wrote:
03 May 2023 08:18
cant tell me that giving 4-5 roster spots to washed guys who are the QBs buddies does not hurt development of the bottom of the roster. Those are all spots a young boy who plays STs could have had.

Jake Kumerow will sign next.
That was my #1 gripe against cobb, et all in the first place. outside of Star players (and even then with some caveats) I'm not interested in having many players that are declining in level of play. Cobb will catch 30 balls for 300 years and a couple of touchdowns. Please give me anything to develop in that spot instead if I'm building a team.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

APB wrote:
03 May 2023 08:12
Pckfn23 wrote:
03 May 2023 08:01
*Jets signing Randall Cobb tweet*
It’s just getting ridiculous now.
Aaron Rodgers, master talent evaluator, strikes again! :lol:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

It would be hilarious if Cobb really hated Rodgers, but being his “buddy” kept him employed year after year, so it was all just a business decision.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

One of the funniest things about the internet are posts like these. I'm not picking on the Panthers; they're all over.

But, like, this is a group of average-@$$ players presented in the post like some world-beating unstoppable force.

"Going to be a problem." Yeah... a problem for Bryce Young and Panthers fans.
image.png
image.png (1.1 MiB) Viewed 581 times

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Aaron walking up to Joe Douglas’s office.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BF004 wrote:
05 May 2023 10:32

As I said. Not a single team would sign Lewis if it wasn’t for the Packers.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
05 May 2023 19:11
BF004 wrote:
05 May 2023 10:32

As I said. Not a single team would sign Lewis if it wasn’t for the Packers.
Yoho is about to be triggered

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

A lot of cvetcching over a player who never made more than $3 million a season in a Packers uniform.
Overrated. :lol: Good lord people.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

It's fairly-well reported that Lewis came to Green Bay to play for MLF (not necessarily to play with Aaron Rodgers). He became one of Rodgers' favorites, though.

The Jets are stacked at TE with 2 second-contract veterans, a 2nd-year 3rd-round pick, and a developmental athlete in Kuntz drafted late this year.

Now it's reported that an inexpensive veteran that I think would be valuable to our team does, in fact, want to return to our team. It's also reported that there's no interest between Rodgers' new team and Lewis.

So a guy who I think will be cheap and have more value to our team (where he has experience and a coaching staff who knows how to use him) than to other teams is interested in returning to our team, and few if any other teams want to sign him, and this is supposed to be something that will trigger me?

I am delighted.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

YoHoChecko wrote:
06 May 2023 00:11
It's fairly-well reported that Lewis came to Green Bay to play for MLF (not necessarily to play with Aaron Rodgers). He became one of Rodgers' favorites, though.

The Jets are stacked at TE with 2 second-contract veterans, a 2nd-year 3rd-round pick, and a developmental athlete in Kuntz drafted late this year.

Now it's reported that an inexpensive veteran that I think would be valuable to our team does, in fact, want to return to our team. It's also reported that there's no interest between Rodgers' new team and Lewis.

So a guy who I think will be cheap and have more value to our team (where he has experience and a coaching staff who knows how to use him) than to other teams is interested in returning to our team, and few if any other teams want to sign him, and this is supposed to be something that will trigger me?

I am delighted.
Well, so much for Tyler Davis then. Lewis might be more useful if, baring injury, he never takes a snap. Develop those 2 new TE's. Teach them what it means to be a NFL TE. Might not hurt if he taught Yosh and Newman and Hanson to block and Sean Rhyan some common sense.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:

I am delighted.
It couldn’t have been reported that well because Lewis actually signed with GB when Mike McCarthy was still coach. Feels weird that he has already been a Packer for five seasons, but that is what it is.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
06 May 2023 07:07
YoHoChecko wrote:

I am delighted.
It couldn’t have been reported that well because Lewis actually signed with GB when Mike McCarthy was still coach. Feels weird that he has already been a Packer for five seasons, but that is what it is.
good point and Lafleur said in one of his first pressers when he took over that he would use more outside stretch zone runs, and I'am sure he was glad we already had a excellent outside stretch run Blocking TE with Lewis, and we been banging the 2000 yrd run plateau ever since.

It's so funny to hear people clamor for a great 3 down TE that can both block like a OL man, yet burn down the seams as a receiver as well, thing is those players are so few and far in between that the scrap heap of TE's thought capable of that is endless, both of our RB's specially Jones owe a lot to the blocking ability of Lewis.

theres still a place for Lewis on this team, at least till we can depend on another TE to do what he's done

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

I am delighted.
If I remember correctly, Lewis was going to leave in 2019 if MM remained coach.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

A bottom feeder player costs like $750k minimum on the cap.

Lewis will cost like $2.5 million on the cap. $1.75 million of additional cap space devoted to a respected veteran to play with two young rookies for a year is not this catastrophic waste of money.
Yoop wrote:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Even if Lewis is "overrated" by being a 1-dimensional blocking TE, it is still a vast upgrade over Tyler Doofus, by bringing literally any value at all. If it pushes that scrub off the roster, yes, bring back Lewis (sadly, the coaches think they have something in Doofus so this is not likely).
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
06 May 2023 09:09
NCF wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

I am delighted.
McCarthys departure increased our run production 500 or more yrds a season, helped sustain more drives, and helped us score points, course it cost us 3 mil a season for a blocking TE, I can't even imagine anyone complaining about what Lewis has done for the money it cost us.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:
06 May 2023 09:09
NCF wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

I am delighted.
First I’m hearing of that. To my understanding, Lewis embraced the Green Bay way and loves the locality.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I thought if anything, one reason marcedes wanted to stay was because of the jax connection with Hackett. Not sure he and Lafleur had ever crossed paths, and he came to GB a full year before Lafleur and Hackett both

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

The reason Lewis wanted to stay is because no one else wanted him. Nobody wants a one dimensional blocking TE who offers nothing in the passing game or STs. On top of that he’s in the twilight of his career and offers nothing to develop.
Cancelled by the forum elites.