Rodgers Traded

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
03 May 2023 11:30
As he said, it's nice to feel wanted, what have the Packers done for Rodgers besides giving him big money contracts the last 6 or 7 years? the FO allowed the WR and TE positions to stagnate, basically the only favor was to bring Cobb back.
Serious question. What has the New York Jets done to build the offense outside of bringing in the same Packers retreads that are this forum's favorite whipping boys?

I have to be missing something right?
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

This is hilarious.

Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

You are not missing anything. The slavish defense of Rodgers/pathological criticism of Mgmt for doing stuff they don't like (it's hard to know where one begins and the other ends) is 100% confirmation bias; everything is proof-positive of it.

Last season, drafting Watson and Doubs was both negligence of the WR position for which our O woes were to blame *and* (later, when the O improved) the WR position finally getting the help it needed, and then back to negligence when we lost to DET (even as one of the rookie WRs in question was one of the only players to actually play well).
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
07 May 2023 10:45
You are not missing anything. The slavish defense of Rodgers/pathological criticism of Mgmt for doing stuff they don't like (it's hard to know where one begins and the other ends) is 100% confirmation bias; everything is proof-positive of it.

Last season, drafting Watson and Doubs was both negligence of the WR position for which our O woes were to blame *and* (later, when the O improved) the WR position finally getting the help it needed, and then back to negligence when we lost to DET (even as one of the rookie WRs in question was one of the only players to actually play well).
insulting me and others who blame management for the &%$@ that went on here the last half doz years is a fools errand sonny, only a homer like you would suck up to the bs of not drafting high floor high ceiling receivers for 7 years and asking a HOF QB to make do with the chicken scratchings they've brought in since Adams, same crap at TE, all to keep building what they hope will eventually be a servicable defense, it's a running Joke to anyone not a Packer fan, the biggest reason we've had winning Records in that 7 year span or even longer is the guy you keep dissing, and that makes you a fool.

the Jets beat us last year using a 22 package and running the football, and this defense with it's gobs of 1st round draft picks couldn't stop it, and then our receivers kept dropping passes.

Rodgers hasn't been the problem, the GM's we've had have been, don't take my word for it, as anyone that has nothing to lose taking a side, look around at the best offenses in the league, there rounded out with skill position talent, something this team has lacked for that 7 years span, people that just keep blaming the QB either have no clue why, or a agenda of protecting the FO.

It's one thing to dislike Rodgers, it's another to insult me or anyone that isn't agenda driven to support this BS, better receivers help the QB do better, so to say the ones he had where good enough obviously is false, because we freaking saw how good he was with a better cast of talent, duh, seriously Labrev, are you on meds? you spout this non sense and expect no response.

I will be laughing my ass off at you Labrev and that goes for the rest of you Rodgers doubters too, again last season you center your distaste for the team on the QB when it was a FO issue again, sad actually that the Jets don't come to Lambeau and this QB doesn't get to seek some revenge as Favre did, I'am sure he'd love to ( no pun intended)

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

I'll never forget those dark lonely years where we had Aaron Jones and Davante Adams.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Acrobat wrote:
07 May 2023 15:05
I'll never forget those dark lonely years where we had Aaron Jones and Davante Adams.
I would have liked it more with 2 Tae Adams even if neither was considered the best in the league

every team has a RB or 2 that can dominate a game, and usually a player close to Adams, what they also have is another that deserves #2 status, possibly up to 3 that could have started for us, and several with a TE a DC had to scheme up to stop, it's great to have players like Adams and Jones, but 2 is not enough against the defenses ya most often see in the PO.

IMO less talent equals smaller play book, that leads to less diversion, after 17 games opposing DC have you figured out, the opposite or say even having 1 more very good receiver, being it a WR or a TE, or say a slot receiver, allows more deception, and though we have had # 2 that have been pretty good, there lack of explosiveness is obvious.

well thats before the 2022 draft and now this one, Love will have a full stable of talented receivers to grow up with.

same as Thompson did for Rodgers, Gute is doing for his young QB, I applaud him for that, hope he uses a 2nd round pick on a WR every couple drafts forever.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Acrobat wrote:
07 May 2023 15:05
I just can't get rid of those bad 2020 memories of ranking 1st in points and 5th in yards.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop. Do you not see the irony of praising the Jets for supplying Rodgers with talent when the talent the Jets are supplying is literally the 2021 Packers except swapping Wilson for Adams (downgrade) and Davis for MVS (even).

And the Jets Oline is waaaaaaaay worse.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
07 May 2023 21:51
Yoop. Do you not see the irony of praising the Jets for supplying Rodgers with talent when the talent the Jets are supplying is literally the 2021 Packers except swapping Wilson for Adams (downgrade) and Davis for MVS (even).

I have to say, I usually fall the other side of this, but in 2020 and 2021 Rodgers win the MVP. Supplying Rodgers with a similar set of weapons is a good reason to hope that he can play similarly to 2020 and 2021.

And it’s true that the Jets have a weaker OL and WR1, but they have stronger TEs and better WR depth in the event of injuries.

But the icing on the cake is that it’s a top defense.

I don’t think Rodgers will be in the MVP range statistically, but comparing the Jets to 2020 and 2021 packers offenses and saying “maybe we can get 90% of that Rodgers and make up the difference with defense.” It makes enough sense to give it a try.

I think the debate comes because there are some ignorant Jets fans saying he’s *never* has weapons like this. But most sources that are worth reading or listening to think that getting close enough to 20 and 21 on offense and giving him the best DEFENSE he’s had in a while, maybe ever, is enough to see Rodgers excel

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

YoHoChecko wrote:
07 May 2023 23:05
go pak go wrote:

I have to say, I usually fall the other side of this, but in 2020 and 2021 Rodgers win the MVP. Supplying Rodgers with a similar set of weapons is a good reason to hope that he can play similarly to 2020 and 2021.

And it’s true that the Jets have a weaker OL and WR1, but they have stronger TEs and better WR depth in the event of injuries.

I don’t think Rodgers will be in the MVP range statistically, but comparing the Jets to 2020 and 2021 packers offenses and saying “maybe we can get 90% of that Rodgers and make up the difference with defense.” It makes enough sense to give it a try.

I think the debate comes because there are some ignorant Jets fans saying he’s *never* has weapons like this. But most sources that are worth reading or listening to think that getting close enough to 20 and 21 on offense and giving him the best DEFENSE he’s had in a while, maybe ever, is enough to see Rodgers excel
Its not his team. The players are not his weapons. And that was the main problem in GB. Rodgers is/was just another player that needs to put the team first, not his personal ego or his legacy. When you have a situation where an individual goal (winning another MVP, being the highest paid QB, etc. ) is more important than winning a playoff game - well you see what happened. When 10 players are expected to change their game, ignore their best skills and play precisely according to what the QB wants as opposed to winning the game - well then the team goes 15 seasons with 1 SB with supposedly the best QB in the league. When the HC takes orders from the QB or gets canned, well then every position coach in the league has to decide whether they can respect the current HC. And when every FA in the league has to take less money if they go to GB or stay in GB so that the QB can be the highest paid QB in the league despite not showing up for TC and working with the rookie WR's, despite not showing up for a playoff game emotionally ready --- well??

The team belongs to the fans, not to anyone else.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

players don't play exactly the same for different teams, new schemes, new coaches often do make a difference, the Jets have a better defense, and there OL wont be any worse then what we had for the first half of last season, they play more 22 offense, and short ball, unless they change schemes Rodgers should do well.

Rodgers didn't play for MVP trophy he earned them based on his play, that we didn't win more PO games is a reflection on the GM and coaching far more then it was Rodgers.

I always get a kick out of complainers who say Rodgers had tunnel vision with Adams, and refuse to accept the logic for the reason why, the simplest cure is to give him another great receiver, or scheme Adams as the number 2 or 3 route in his progressions, but why would Lafleur or any coach do that, the answer to that is a GM issue, Rodgers didn't have tunnel vision when he had more then just one receiver with the talent of Adams.

we just said good bye to possibly the best QB that I, you, and the GB Packers will ever have, and for the last half of his career we neglected what made him so great in the first half, there is just no way I'll ever be able to come to terms with this.

and no matter what Brian Gutekunst and Mark Murphy do in the future these last 5 years have tarnished there legacy for me
Last edited by Yoop on 08 May 2023 06:52, edited 1 time in total.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
go pak go wrote:

I fully agree. I would build the team similar to the Jets (except not the ridiculous amount of Packer retreads)

And that is because, even though part of this forum hates to admit it, the 2020 and 2021 Packers teams were really freaking good. The best teams in football both seasons. Or for sure top 3 teams both seasons.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
08 May 2023 06:43
YoHoChecko wrote:
go pak go wrote:

I fully agree. I would build the team similar to the Jets (except not the ridiculous amount of Packer retreads)

And that is because, even though part of this forum hates to admit it, the 2020 and 2021 Packers teams were really freaking good. The best teams in football both seasons. Or for sure top 3 teams both seasons.
they where exposed in the PO's for one. poor ST's and two. player mistakes and 3. a defense that could not stop the run or the big plays.

but hey it's so much easier to just blame the QB.

no one said we didn't have a good team, what I said was that the losses where not the fault of Rodgers

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

TheSkeptic wrote:
08 May 2023 03:25
The team belongs to the fans, not to anyone else.
what in gods creation makes you think the team belongs to us? the team belongs to the players, the players play for each other, we, us fans simply root for the bunch that wear the colors the franchise we support uses for identification :thwap:

seriously now Rodgers has always been a great team mate, what we've seen is the natural progression of a older player having less in common with players almost half his age, that sure as hell doesn't mean any more then just that, your making a mountain out of a pile of dust.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Let's all be real here, if Bahk doesn't get hurt in 2020, Rodgers would have had another ring. His weapons were fine, but we ended up having to shuffle our O-Line and Tampa exposed it. Even with the horrible nature that game started, we would have probably come back and won.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Acrobat wrote:
08 May 2023 08:25
Let's all be real here, if Bahk doesn't get hurt in 2020, Rodgers would have had another ring. His weapons were fine, but we ended up having to shuffle our O-Line and Tampa exposed it. Even with the horrible nature that game started, we would have probably come back and won.

nahh nah, that doesn't play well, Rodgers should have been able to over come that. :thwap:

good point, protection was terrible, still we had at least 5 dropped catchable passes in that game, one a sure TD to Adams, and another very possible to I think Tonyan ( I can't remember) point is there where other contributors to that loss, but people just blame the QB

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Acrobat wrote:
Without question.
Yoop wrote:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
07 May 2023 14:01
insulting me and others who blame management for the &%$@ that went on here the last half doz years is a fools errand sonny, only a homer like you would suck up to the bs of not drafting high floor high ceiling receivers for 7 years

better receivers help the QB do better, so to say the ones he had where good enough obviously is false,
No no no, yoop, that's the fun part! It wasn't just me who said that, it was also YOU who did! When we started winning, you said "See?! We finally drafted good WR help, now our offense looks good again!"

Now you are insulting anyone who thinks that, well... you also insult yourself, then. Nice going, genius! :aok:

You know why you said that? Because your stance has no rhyme or reason to it. You just spin all the information to make it fit your narrative, even when it leads to undermining yourself. That is the absurdity of your belief.

My stance is very sound and rational. I don't contradict myself. You can't show any inherent absurdities in what I say, you just think you do by ridiculing as hard as you can. I just scoff at your attacks because they are so trite. My attacks send you into a tizzy.

the Jets beat us last year using a 22 package and running the football, and this defense with it's gobs of 1st round draft picks couldn't stop it, and then our receivers kept dropping passes.
Yeah, and guess what? The Jets are also a proof-of-concept for the very things you pooh-pooh: building up a defense with premium picks and running the damn football rather than trying to play Madden style pass-heavy offense! :o :oops:

'Might wanna see a doctor for that bullet in your foot!!!! :twisted:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Yoop wrote:
08 May 2023 08:35
Acrobat wrote:

nahh nah, that doesn't play well, Rodgers should have been able to over come that. :thwap:

good point, protection was terrible, still we had at least 5 dropped catchable passes in that game, one a sure TD to Adams, and another very possible to I think Tonyan ( I can't remember) point is there where other contributors to that loss, but people just blame the QB
I don't think I've seen one post here where someone solely blamed Rodgers for the loss against Tampa but maybe I missed it. Can you point me to those posts?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Acrobat wrote:
08 May 2023 08:53
Yoop wrote:
08 May 2023 08:35
Acrobat wrote:

I don't think I've seen one post here where someone solely blamed Rodgers for the loss against Tampa but maybe I missed it. Can you point me to those posts?
But I have seen 946,453,424,123,123 posts explaining where it is absolutely everyone else's fault besides #12. Pepper Burruss has more accountability on the loss than 12 from what I was told.

And he retired after the 2018 season.
Yoop wrote: