Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
06 May 2023 07:07
YoHoChecko wrote:
06 May 2023 00:11
It's fairly-well reported that Lewis came to Green Bay to play for MLF (not necessarily to play with Aaron Rodgers). He became one of Rodgers' favorites, though.
It couldn’t have been reported that well because Lewis actually signed with GB when Mike McCarthy was still coach. Feels weird that he has already been a Packer for five seasons, but that is what it is.
Haha whoops. I definitely saw something about him loving what MLF did with him and his career; must’ve been comments after the extension to keep him.

Oh well. Anyway my point is that he likes MLF AND was one of Rodgers’ guys so I could see him go either way. And I’m delighted to hear he send to prefer the Packers.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
06 May 2023 10:04
go pak go wrote:
06 May 2023 09:09
NCF wrote:
06 May 2023 07:07

It couldn’t have been reported that well because Lewis actually signed with GB when Mike McCarthy was still coach. Feels weird that he has already been a Packer for five seasons, but that is what it is.
If I remember correctly, Lewis was going to leave in 2019 if MM remained coach.
First I’m hearing of that. To my understanding, Lewis embraced the Green Bay way and loves the locality.
For sure. But he also said after he resigned that he questioned his fit in GB because he literally wasn't used in 2018. MLF changed that.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
05 May 2023 19:11
As I said. Not a single team would sign Lewis if it wasn’t for the Packers.
I guess we’re about to find out…

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

APB wrote:
07 May 2023 23:32
lupedafiasco wrote:
05 May 2023 19:11
As I said. Not a single team would sign Lewis if it wasn’t for the Packers.
I guess we’re about to find out…

I think for vet minimum he would have been worth it. Young guys need mentoring.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I know that we aren’t supposed to use the word. But I will just go ahead and say it.

We are REBUILDING.

There, I feel better now.

Now that we have cleared the air (at least for me), we can also discuss how the Packers have a better roster than the vast majority of REBUILDING teams. We do have very good players and a proven system and coaching.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Andrew Luck (or some mock account, I didn’t bother to look) having some fun with the reemergence of his name and potential return talk in football media… :lol:

Update:

It’s a mock account narrating Andrew Luck’s football and life events in the form of a Civil War era persona. And it’s hilarious! I recommend clicking the account and reading through some of the posts.

How have I not heard of this account until now?!?

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Can’t believe packers don’t want marcedes Lewis, after all the value im told he brings
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
08 May 2023 19:21
Andrew Luck (or some mock account, I didn’t bother to look) having some fun with the reemergence of his name and potential return talk in football media… :lol:

Update:

It’s a mock account narrating Andrew Luck’s football and life events in the form of a Civil War era persona. And it’s hilarious! I recommend clicking the account and reading through some of the posts.

Listen to this while reading the 19th Century Luck Letters. :lol:

https://twitter.com/CaptAndrewLuck

Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Lol, Bears.
RIP JustJeff

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Take away 8 of Namath's season, and the Jets would be with the Bears. As it is, the only team going back to last century, way back to 1967.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
08 May 2023 19:21

Update:

well your so busy monitoring every syllable I utter where would you possibly find the time :box: :rotf:

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Half Empty wrote:
09 May 2023 16:42
Take away 8 of Namath's season, and the Jets would be with the Bears. As it is, the only team going back to last century, way back to 1967.
Browns

mnkcarp
Reactions:

Post by mnkcarp »

Half Empty wrote:
09 May 2023 16:42
Not quite the only, but the Browns want you to remember it that way. Jets now bringing in their second Packer legend to try to get off the schneid.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Titans apparently also haven't had a 4k passer in the 2000s. I thought McNair would have done it, but no, not once.

9ers barely make the cut with Jeff Garcia in 2000. No elite QBs in a long while, yet they have been about as successful as we have been.

And of course Bears with zero in their whole history :rotf: truly where QBs go to die.

Honestly fascinating list.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Bo knows… hiccups?

Have seen this before a few times, sounds absolutely miserable.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
11 May 2023 09:02
Bo knows… hiccups?
The kids don't get it! ;)

Remember this:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
Bo knows… hiccups?

I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
11 May 2023 10:09
BF004 wrote:
Bo knows… hiccups?

I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.
no kidding, I can't even handle 5 minutes of the hic ups, I once had the hi-cups hunting, just try holding a bead on a nice buck at a 100 yrds with the hi-cups :lol: a ol hunting buddy told me that it's more common then most people think, extreme nervousness, smoking, drinking exhaustion can all bring it on, but having it as long as BO has seems like a lot more serious cause. :thwap:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I don't want to alarm anyone, but I... like the Texans roster? Not, like, for a contender or anything. But there's a lot of solid and some upside there.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
11 May 2023 17:21
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I... like the Texans roster? Not, like, for a contender or anything. But there's a lot of solid and some upside there.
A decade of top 3 picks should get you that! But they usually find a way to screw it up. But watch Amari Rodgers become a 1000 yard receiver.
RIP JustJeff