Love SZN: Official Thread of QB1.

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Scott4Pack wrote:
26 Apr 2023 16:42
I am going to post a question about what the Packers will do to assure that Love has competition, now that 12 is gone.

Will the Pack bring in a legitimate veteran QB?

Will the Pack draft a QB in as early as round 3?

As much as I really believe the Packers believe in Love, the idea of “competition” is something that runs deep in the veins of the FO. I’m thinking that a UDFA or a QB drafted in round 7 isn’t enough to scratch that itch. Plus, it probably isn’t enough to help if Love misses any time from injury.
We don't have money. Money bet is a 6th round selection on the Purdue quarterback.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yeah we probably take a flyer in the draft on a QB.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

James Jones: let Love be Love
https://wisportsheroics.com/green-bay-p ... rdan-love/

Mod edit: for the casual reader, Twitter footage added from supplied link

—Magneto

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Labrev wrote:
26 Apr 2023 08:27
a scantily-clad thirst trap actress dancing...
I admit it....I clicked on it based simply on that description. Not sorry.

And yes, agree with your sentiment completely regarding the dual threads.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Like the band U2 proclaimed: "Love Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way"

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

That's some serious Toure erasure (also no Kraft)!
—Magneto

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

New wallpaper
Attachments
3.PNG
3.PNG (943.71 KiB) Viewed 522 times
—Magneto

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Skip this post, [mention]lupedafiasco[/mention]. You’re not gonna like it…

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

APB wrote:
08 May 2023 18:51
Skip this post, @lupedafiasco. You’re not gonna like it…

What do you mean? I love reviewing garbage time backup QB film. No better use of my time.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
08 May 2023 21:46
APB wrote:
08 May 2023 18:51
Skip this post, @lupedafiasco. You’re not gonna like it…

What do you mean? I love reviewing garbage time backup QB film. No better use of my time.
:lol:

First play: starting defense, 5-man rush, man coverage with zone underneath.

Second play: starting defense, 4-man rush, masked zone rotation coverage at snap.

Both calls on defense were aggressive attempts to pressure and confuse Love. Neither succeeded. More to the point, though, neither play was a passive, garbage time defense allowing for easy read-and-toss completions.

Plain sight evidence of your continued mischaracterizations.

I told you to skip it... :lol:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Didn’t Orlovsky also say Justin Fields was gunna be in the MVP discussion this year? :lol:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

We were only down two scores when Love came in and there was plenty of time in Q4. Then just one score after the Watson TD with 9:00 left on the clock. That is not garbage time to most teams.

But it is "garbage time" for the Rodgers era Packers, because once we fall behind by two scores with him, he mostly gives up, and his fanboys internalize his loser mentality by always covering for him and passing blame. So yes, garbage time. :lol:
—Magneto

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Theme of the Packers 2023 Season: "I Want To Know What Love Is"

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Acrobat wrote:
09 May 2023 08:21
Theme of the Packers 2023 Season: "I Want To Know What Love Is"
;)
BF004 wrote:
13 Feb 2023 21:56
YoHoChecko wrote:
13 Feb 2023 21:16
I have some hope and I have some doubts. And I think the reason that this thread is mostly song puns is because hope, doubts, and puns are about all we can possibly know at present.
So I think you are falling in this category 😛

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
09 May 2023 08:07
We were only down two scores when Love came in and there was plenty of time in Q4. Then just one score after the Watson TD with 9:00 left on the clock. That is not garbage time to most teams.

But it is "garbage time" for the Rodgers era Packers, because once we fall behind by two scores with him, he mostly gives up, and his fanboys internalize his loser mentality by always covering for him and passing blame. So yes, garbage time. :lol:
ya he never did really adapt to being behind, he was always better at just winning by 2 scores, only 31 GWP's in his career and 21 come from behind 4th quarter wins, he sucks, but he's better then Montana and Young, who had even more 2 score wins, mostly because those guys had a stable of receivers.

If Love is even half as good as Rodgers you should thank your football Gods

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

Labrev wrote:
09 May 2023 08:07

I am far from a Rodgers apologist, but I disagree with your assessment. Rodgers did not give up when the team would get behind by two scores. He continued to try to bring us back. It's just that last year he lacked the consistency in his throws to lead large comebacks.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
09 May 2023 08:36
ya he never did really adapt to being behind, he was always better at just winning by 2 scores, only 31 GWP's in his career and 21 come from behind 4th quarter wins, he sucks,
If you're being sarcastic, 21 is fewer than guys like Derek Carr, Andy Dalton, and Jay Cutler. Q4 wins is not about being good; it's about a certain skill that Rodgers has lacked his whole career: keeping your cool. Rodgers gets visibly pissy when things go just a little bit wrong. Things get messy very quickly in the NFL, and Rodgers is a perfectionist to a fault.
Garopollo is *less* than half as good as Rodgers, yet he consistently got the better of him and was in a SuperBowl more recently.

I will settle for a QB that gets the job done.

williewasgreat wrote:
09 May 2023 08:52
I am far from a Rodgers apologist, but I disagree with your assessment. Rodgers did not give up when the team would get behind by two scores. He continued to try to bring us back. It's just that last year he lacked the consistency in his throws to lead large comebacks.
If by "try to bring us back" you mean "went through the motions of QB'ing, with defeatist body language and a sour facial expression, demoralizing everyone around him, and losing his cool" then yeah, you are right, he never gave up! /s
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
09 May 2023 09:41
Yoop wrote:
09 May 2023 08:36
ya he never did really adapt to being behind, he was always better at just winning by 2 scores, only 31 GWP's in his career and 21 come from behind 4th quarter wins, he sucks,
If you're being sarcastic, 21 is fewer than guys like Derek Carr, Andy Dalton, and Jay Cutler. Q4 wins is not about being good; it's about a certain skill that Rodgers has lacked his whole career: keeping your cool. Rodgers gets visibly pissy when things go just a little bit wrong. Things get messy very quickly in the NFL, and Rodgers is a perfectionist to a fault.
Garopollo is *less* than half as good as Rodgers, yet he consistently got the better of him and was in a SuperBowl more recently.

I will settle for a QB that gets the job done.

williewasgreat wrote:
09 May 2023 08:52
If by "try to bring us back" you mean "went through the motions of QB'ing, with defeatist body language and a sour facial expression, demoralizing everyone around him, and losing his cool" then yeah, you are right, he never gave up! /s
I can't relate to a person like you, If all Packer fans where clones of you then I would switch teams, if Rodgers was hated by everyone as much as you hate him, then the team would have gotten rid of him years ago, you over look reality to hate on a QB thats done more for this team then anyone else the last 15 years and you are the most ungrateful fan here, congrats

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

To sidetrack this even more...
4th Quarter Comebacks:
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... career.htm
Game Winning Drives:
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... career.htm
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."