Love SZN: Official Thread of QB1.

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

those stats don't tell us how, or what happened to necessitate those comebacks, except that the defense couldn't hold a lead, and it's likely that the QB's that failed to engineer as many come backs didn't have to or had excellent receivers to accomplish it.

they just make Rodgers look worse then he was.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... r=RodgAa00

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
09 May 2023 12:23
those stats don't tell us how, or what happened to necessitate those comebacks
Correct, it doesn't.
except that the defense couldn't hold a lead,
No, it does not tell us that.
and it's likely that the QB's that failed to engineer as many come backs didn't have to or had excellent receivers to accomplish it.
Doesn't tell us that or hint at that either. That's an interesting way to try and weasel in the narrative though.
Did you go through all the other top players to see if it made them worse than they are?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

well that was a short conversation

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
09 May 2023 11:51
I can't relate to a person like you,
Of course not. You want good offensive football first and foremost (don't deny this, I can quote you on it). I want 'chips first and foremost, don't care how pretty it looks.

Rodgers was the perfect QB for you: guaranteed great offense for years on end. Trophies? meh.

If all Packer fans where clones of you then I would switch teams, if Rodgers was hated by everyone as much as you hate him, then the team would have gotten rid of him years ago,
Actually, I didn't jump on the hate 'wagon until the SF loss. So no, he would have only been here like 1 year fewer (and based on how it went, we wouldn't have missed anything great). And even then, I talked myself into giving him one more year as QB last year against my own instinct.

Wow, such hate, much ungrateful (= sarcasm). But don't let truth stop you from this pity routine you enjoy so much.
Last edited by Labrev on 09 May 2023 13:15, edited 1 time in total.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

you over look reality to hate on a QB thats done more for this team then anyone else the last 15 years
Yeah, and we did more for him than any other team has done for any other player, including players that did MORE for their team than Rodgers did!! He got paid more money than any player in NFL history.

We paid him even more than Brady, who was 7x more successful at getting 'chips. Hell, Rodgers was not even more successful than Eli or Big Ben. So we paid (more than) Brady price for 1/2 the Eli result, or for 1/7 the Brady result.

How about THAT reality you over look! :twisted:

and you are the most ungrateful fan here, congrats
:bigcry:

It's hilarious that you think Rodgers is some martyr-like figure just because some fans like me started saying mean things about him ( :o ) on the internet ( :( :( :( :( ) in the last one or two years of his career, which at this point all empirical evidence in hindsight clearly supports the idea that we should have moved on, while he played QB for us as if he wasn't (extremely) handsomely rewarded for it.

And while you fight so valiantly for his honor on the internet(!) he just laughed his way to the bank with the fattest of all NFL paychecks the whole time, without even needing to play well to earn them, not caring the least bit about me or you.
—Magneto

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Yoop wrote:
09 May 2023 12:23
those stats don't tell us how, or what happened to necessitate those comebacks, except that the defense couldn't hold a lead, and it's likely that the QB's that failed to engineer as many come backs didn't have to or had excellent receivers to accomplish it.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... r=RodgAa00
In other news, I had pizza for lunch today, but I can't tell you anything about it. It had pepporoni, sausage, and mushrooms. And stuffed crust. It was delicious.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

I thought this was a Love fest. There are other spots to rehash the past. :)

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

The 4th quarter comeback thing is such an absurd stat that fan cares about. Rodgers only has 21 career 4th quarter comebacks yet his career record is 150-79. He was so dominant there wasn’t much need to comeback back much in the 4th.

On top of that we have the ignorant fans that bitched about it for years but it needs to be mentioned how many times the defense just couldn’t get a stop to get Rodgers the ball back. Often he never got the chance to win it.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

APB wrote:
09 May 2023 07:05
lupedafiasco wrote:
08 May 2023 21:46
APB wrote:
08 May 2023 18:51
Skip this post, @lupedafiasco. You’re not gonna like it…

What do you mean? I love reviewing garbage time backup QB film. No better use of my time.
:lol:

First play: starting defense, 5-man rush, man coverage with zone underneath.

Second play: starting defense, 4-man rush, masked zone rotation coverage at snap.

Both calls on defense were aggressive attempts to pressure and confuse Love. Neither succeeded. More to the point, though, neither play was a passive, garbage time defense allowing for easy read-and-toss completions.

Plain sight evidence of your continued mischaracterizations.

I told you to skip it... :lol:
Love even said the Eagles Def was soft.

Bring some tape from Love's start.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
09 May 2023 13:05
Of course not. You want good offensive football first and foremost (don't deny this, I can quote you on it). I want 'chips first and foremost, don't care how pretty it looks.

Rodgers was the perfect QB for you: guaranteed great offense for years on end. Trophies? meh.
trophys for me are a bonus, I don't watch football only if we win, and yes unlike you I don't watch football because of great defense or being able to run the ball, I like all that stuff but it comes a distant second to the passing game, so ya, the early years of Rodgers where the exciting years for me.

I also look into why we've struggled, and avoiding acquiring Skill position offensive talent tops the list, why because I'am not blind to the reality of just how hard it is to build and keep a top 5 defense, and our record of failure trying for a decade validates my opinion,

Rodgers didn't get a blank check from us, no one forced us to pay him, the FO did so hoping he could continue to carry this team, you complain about last year Rodgers, and all you have to do is get honest and look at the consecutive events that led to the decline, First off is the absence of ready to contribute receivers for a half dozen years, every season it's a new batch jags and very raw talent, it's no secret to me way Rodgers wanted to retain Kumerow, or Allison, or even MVS, he was fed up with trying to build chemistry with new players every season, specially low floor jags

look at the Vikings ( and lets not get into a debate about them) they 3 years ago drafted Jefferson, this draft there back to using there top pick on another great prospect, whether you like it or not thats how you keep a QB at the top of his game, our method made success far harder then necessary, and imo tarnished Rodgers skills, again for the 100th time if ya don't want to see your QB develop tunnel vision with Tae Adams then give him another receiver that does run crisp routes, that can separate, that doesn't drop half the balls thrown to him.

and to close, I shouldn't have to explain this stuff to you, but you seem unable or unwilling to grasp these simple truths, rather your interested more in blaming Rodgers for the failures of the General Managers, and some of the coaches.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
09 May 2023 13:56
The 4th quarter comeback thing is such an absurd stat that fan cares about. Rodgers only has 21 career 4th quarter comebacks yet his career record is 150-79. He was so dominant there wasn’t much need to comeback back much in the 4th.

On top of that we have the ignorant fans that bitched about it for years but it needs to be mentioned how many times the defense just couldn’t get a stop to get Rodgers the ball back. Often he never got the chance to win it.
no kidding with a defense like ours has been, no QB would have done better, yet almost all resources went to making a top shelf defense, it's laugh out loud funny except it's sooooo sad'

we wasted years of a excellent QB doing this &%$@.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Yoop wrote:
09 May 2023 14:23
lupedafiasco wrote:
09 May 2023 13:56

no kidding with a defense like ours has been, no QB would have done better, yet almost all resources went to making a top shelf defense, it's laugh out loud funny except it's sooooo sad'

we wasted years of a excellent QB doing this &%$@.
We went to 5 NFC Championships during Rodgers' prime, and we won 1 of them. Hardly wasted years. We just didn't win the big games for several different reasons, but we had the talent to win all of them, with maybe the exception of the 2019 game at San Fran. I think we all knew going into that one that we were outmatched.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The 4th quarter comeback thing was overblown.

BUT

2020, 2021, and 2022 Rodgers had the ball in Lambeau to keep the Packers season alive. He either was playing with the lead and needed to extend drives to end the game or needed a TD to take the lead and failed three years in a row.

In 2020, 2021, and 2022, the inability to take the game in your hands has validity.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
09 May 2023 15:17

BUT

2020, 2021, and 2022 Rodgers had the ball in Lambeau to keep the Packers season alive. He either was playing with the lead and needed to extend drives to end the game or needed a TD to take the lead and failed three years in a row.

In 2020, 2021, and 2022, the inability to take the game in your hands has validity.
the inability to stop the run has validity, the inability of ST's not to screw up has validity, the inability of receiver s to simply catch the ball has validity, or to separate, the lack of skill position talent has validity.

but of course none of that matter when your goal is to blame the QB in order to defend the team builders even though they paid a kings ransom hoping he'd continue to carry the team as he had been for most of the last decade.

Rodgers has always been the least of this teams problems

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:

BUT

This is true, but I will gladly throw out 2020. I had to double-check the stat lines again to be sure they were right, but Rodgers in the 2020 NFCCG was very good. Like, really, really good. Definitely outplayed Brady and that is really what the ask was heading into that game. He was the best player on the field. The INT wasn't his fault (should have been PI and a better receiver might have won the rep, anyway), Adams dropped the TD, Jones fumbled... that day the supporting cast let Rodgers down.

2021 and 2022 are the opposite. Rodgers was not solely to blame, but he definitely was not the best player on the field those days and whatever happened with the supporting cast (they were not great, either), Rodgers was abysmal.

Read More. Post Less.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

NCF wrote:
09 May 2023 15:57
go pak go wrote:

BUT

This is true, but I will gladly throw out 2020. I had to double-check the stat lines again to be sure they were right, but Rodgers in the 2020 NFCCG was very good. Like, really, really good. Definitely outplayed Brady and that is really what the ask was heading into that game. He was the best player on the field. The INT wasn't his fault (should have been PI and a better receiver might have won the rep, anyway), Adams dropped the TD, Jones fumbled... that day the supporting cast let Rodgers down.

2021 and 2022 are the opposite. Rodgers was not solely to blame, but he definitely was not the best player on the field those days and whatever happened with the supporting cast (they were not great, either), Rodgers was abysmal.
I'm on board with this opinion.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
go pak go wrote:

BUT

I need to check stats as well, but off the top of my head I think SF kept the ball away from us by running for well over 200 yrds, if ya can't sustain drives ( and some of that could be Rodgers) then ya might go most of a quarter with your QB on the bench.

last year was a complete lack of chemistry with receivers, and health issues with OL and a defense near completely out of sync.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
09 May 2023 16:03
last year was a complete lack of chemistry with receivers...
Hmmm...

I wonder what could have been done to maybe alleviate some of those chemistry issues? Maybe the team could have set up some off-season programs to help players get to know one another and build chemistry...?

Then all that would need to happen is the players show up...

:dunno:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Acrobat wrote:
09 May 2023 15:58
NCF wrote:
go pak go wrote:

BUT

I am not. :mrgreen: Rodgers was ass in that game.
—Magneto

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Labrev wrote:
09 May 2023 16:11
Acrobat wrote:
09 May 2023 15:58
NCF wrote:

I am not. :mrgreen: Rodgers was ass in that game.
Haha I thought he played fine. Would have obviously preferred that he convert at the end, but Rodgers has never been a clutch QB other than a few crazy awesome plays (Dallas 2016, Hail Mary against Lions and Cards).