2024 Draft Discussion

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Biggest Need

QB
No votes
RB
11%
WR
No votes
TE
No votes
OL
15%
DL
4%
EDGE
6%
LB
19%
CB
18%
S
26%

Total votes: 72

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
11 May 2023 21:17
Wooooow, they really went and set up the Jets to be 5-6 or so when Rodgers tells the NY media to R-E-L-A-X and then rattles off 6 straight to get some darkhorse MVP hype on their way into the playoffs, didn't they?

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Doesn't look like all that tough of a schedule tbh. Solid teams for the most part, not a muderer's row.

He owned DAL and NE last year. DEN is a mess. They match up well against MIA. BUF and PHI are the only ones that look truly difficult. NYG could be pesky too. But other than that..?
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Labrev wrote:
11 May 2023 22:37
Doesn't look like all that tough of a schedule tbh. Solid teams for the most part, not a muderer's row.
I mean 3 of their first 6 games involve 1-or-2 seeds from last season, including both Super Bowl participants. I'm not sure you can get more difficult than "both of the previous season's two best teams," but yeah. The whole schedule isn't anything special. The commentary is how front-loaded the tough teams are.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
11 May 2023 21:56
BF004 wrote:
11 May 2023 21:17
Wooooow, they really went and set up the Jets to be 5-6 or so when Rodgers tells the NY media to R-E-L-A-X and then rattles off 6 straight to get some darkhorse MVP hype on their way into the playoffs, didn't they?
It sets up really well, doesn't it?

Starting week 12 against the Dolphins, who they match up rather well against and likely playing against injured Tua's backup, I could see them making a run against those remaining creampuffs that catapult them into playoff contention and media darling status. Then, of course, they lose to the Patriots final weekend and everything falls apart.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

The problem isn't the schedule. The problem is the division they are in. Sorry, they are not going to win the AFC East. Which means a wild card spot at best.

New England is coming off a bad year for them. Their QB is now entering his 3rd year and they still have a good D. They could easily take a wild card spot. Even the Dolphins can compete. Its not impossible that a 9-8 record puts the Jets in last place in the AFC East, and no playoffs.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

TheSkeptic wrote:
12 May 2023 06:24
The problem isn't the schedule. The problem is the division they are in. Sorry, they are not going to win the AFC East. Which means a wild card spot at best.

New England is coming off a bad year for them. Their QB is now entering his 3rd year and they still have a good D. They could easily take a wild card spot. Even the Dolphins can compete. Its not impossible that a 9-8 record puts the Jets in last place in the AFC East, and no playoffs.
I don't have much confidence in NE. I think they are still #3 in that division. Rodgers bested Belichick this past season with a lesser roster. I guess MIA could surprise though. BUF is the favorite to win it for sure, but you never know, teams do regress sometimes.

In a 7-seed playoffs, I think NYJ will at the very least be in the hunt until the final weeks.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

BF004 wrote:
05 Jul 2023 20:20
He is good. Will be good in the NFL. But not as good as his dad (very high bar). Will probably be top 5 WR in league at some point year 2.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Labrev wrote:
12 May 2023 08:17
TheSkeptic wrote:
12 May 2023 06:24

I don't have much confidence in NE. I think they are still #3 in that division. Rodgers bested Belichick this past season with a lesser roster. I guess MIA could surprise though. BUF is the favorite to win it for sure, but you never know, teams do regress sometimes.

In a 7-seed playoffs, I think NYJ will at the very least be in the hunt until the final weeks.
Even if they are in as a wild card, they are likely to have to play the #1 or #2 seed on the road. Tough to ask of a team when most of their team has never been in the playoffs. 1 and done and the Packers get a pick in the 18-22 range. Plus their own in the 12-22 range, IMO.

Just have to hope that AR stays healthy and makes the 65% and things should look pretty damn good a year from now.

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

TheSkeptic wrote:
21 Jul 2023 01:04
Even if they are in as a wild card, they are likely to have to play the #1 or #2 seed on the road. Tough to ask of a team when most of their team has never been in the playoffs. 1 and done and the Packers get a pick in the 18-22 range. Plus their own in the 12-22 range, IMO.

Just have to hope that AR stays healthy and makes the 65% and things should look pretty damn good a year from now.
I fully expect the Jets to make the playoffs as long as Rodgers stays healthy. Aside of the Bills, Chiefs and Bengals there aren't any teams with a better roster than them currently in the AFC.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

CWIMM wrote:
21 Jul 2023 03:08
TheSkeptic wrote:
21 Jul 2023 01:04

I fully expect the Jets to make the playoffs as long as Rodgers stays healthy. Aside of the Bills, Chiefs and Bengals there aren't any teams with a better roster than them currently in the AFC.
Welcome to the crew!!

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Not insignificant.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

BF004 wrote:
04 Aug 2023 13:17
Not insignificant.

Not sure I like this.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I think it sucks. The athletes were already held to account as student athletes by their university and the NCAA.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

The NFL is hiring essentially. A player should be held accountable and face punishment if they want in the league. They should be held to a greater standard.

That said this &%$@ where a woman can somehow put her hands on a man and play the victim when she gets hit back needs to stop. We see this over and over where a woman can just do what she wants to a man because she thinks she’s protected by some old way of thinking.

A man should be able to defend himself. Hit like a dude, get hit like a dude. Stop picking and choosing what applies to equality.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

APB wrote:
04 Aug 2023 16:05
I think it sucks. The athletes were already held to account as student athletes by their university and the NCAA.
Also, incidents typically do affect draft status. Even for 1st rounders, often they go lower than they would otherwise. I actually think this is the case more now than in the past.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

lupedafiasco wrote:
04 Aug 2023 17:13
The NFL is hiring essentially. A player should be held accountable and face punishment if they want in the league. They should be held to a greater standard.

That said this &%$@ where a woman can somehow put her hands on a man and play the victim when she gets hit back needs to stop. We see this over and over where a woman can just do what she wants to a man because she thinks she’s protected by some old way of thinking.

A man should be able to defend himself. Hit like a dude, get hit like a dude. Stop picking and choosing what applies to equality.
Here in eastern Europe, women never hit men. They put poison in his tea or kvass or beer.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Some absolutely insane QB play today. Like Drake Maye and Shedur Sanders were unreal, but Caleb Williams was a magician.

Just unreal opening week for draft prospects in a (mostly) mundane week of college football blowouts

and Maye...

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Gotta figure out how to get the top pick in the dynasty draft.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

The thing for me about Caleb Williams is what he measures in at. They have him at 6’1 which means he’s likely 6’. Lately size hasn’t mattered when it comes to QBs draft stock but in the end the short ones all fail. Kyler Murray, Baker Mayfield, Johnny Manziel. Tua has struggled surviving. Time will tell what happens with Bruce Young.

So far why I have seen of Caleb Williams is that he looks incredible. But two things are against him. Size and playing at USC.
Cancelled by the forum elites.