Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
10 May 2023 13:24
We needed WAtson more as a receiver then a runner, again we lacked players Lafleur liked to use in jet sweeps
Look at you continue to make things up. First it was inexperience, now we just needed Watson as a receiver and we didn't have the players to run the Jet Sweep. It's hilarious how the article you brought COMPLETELY invalidates your previous argument so in true yoop fashion you bring new and completely fabricated ones instead of admitting fault and moving on.
I didn't make it up, I'am just the messenger

why would I admit wrong when the article say Lafleur NO LONGER HAD Irvin, again bring a list of others that ran the jet sweeps, you can't because we didn't have others doing it, the only thing questionable that I said was ya need coaching and practice to do it, and we used Jets sweeps plenty with Rodgers in 019,020, and 021

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
10 May 2023 13:32
Pckfn23 wrote:
10 May 2023 13:24
We needed WAtson more as a receiver then a runner, again we lacked players Lafleur liked to use in jet sweeps
Look at you continue to make things up. First it was inexperience, now we just needed Watson as a receiver and we didn't have the players to run the Jet Sweep. It's hilarious how the article you brought COMPLETELY invalidates your previous argument so in true yoop fashion you bring new and completely fabricated ones instead of admitting fault and moving on.
I didn't make it up, I'am just the messenger

why would I admit wrong when the article say Lafleur NO LONGER HAD Irvin, again bring a list of others that ran the jet sweeps, you can't because we didn't have others doing it, the only thing questionable that I said was ya need coaching and practice to do it,
Messenger from where? Your ass?

What does no longer having Irvin have to do with anything? The entire article is about Watson, an inexperienced rookie, running the sweeps in place of Irvin.

Romeo Doubs and Allen Lazard also ran Jet Sweeps, but adding their names to the list, means nothing. You said the reason we don't run motion is because out players are too inexperienced to run them. Which was complete made up &%$@.

and we used Jets sweeps plenty with Rodgers in 019,020, and 021
Look at you making more &%$@ up! HAHA. How many times did we run Jet Sweeps in those years?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

the point was Rodgers doesn't like to use motion, that is what I argued against, and if you think the double fakes and flips to sweeping players isn't complicated, well then maybe you should incorporate that stuff into the pee wee team you coach, wanna be a AH, you should expect it back.

again Rodgers complaint was that we where doing it to much, and rather then accept that, you and others here think you know better, and suck up to a guy like Demovsky, who says what he says to attract people.

this seasons offense will have very few wrinkles that differ from what Lafleur has used in the past.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
10 May 2023 14:12
the point was Rodgers doesn't like to use motion, that is what I argued against, and if you think the double fakes and flips to sweeping players isn't complicated, well then maybe you should incorporate that stuff into the pee wee team you coach, wanna be a AH, you should expect it back.

again Rodgers complaint was that we where doing it to much, and rather then accept that, you and others here think you know better, and suck up to a guy like Demovsky, who says what he says to attract people.

this seasons offense will have very few wrinkles that differ from what Lafleur has used in the past.
Let me refresh your memory on what you said
in order to do Jet sweeps and motion, first thing needed is to have players experienced and capable for that stuff to succeed
This was your reasoning why we didn't use them. This was made up and now you know this so are making up different excuses.

Yes we do use motion and jet sweeps in pee wee, and middle school, and high school, and college. Not a foreign concept that needs vast experience to pull off in the NFL and as you were shown Watson did it, day 1.

Rodgers complaint was not that we did it too much. It is that he doesn't think it allows the offense to run up tempo. Remember your absurd argument on what up temp meant?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
10 May 2023 14:19
Yoop wrote:

in order to do Jet sweeps and motion, first thing needed is to have players experienced and capable for that stuff to succeed
This was your reasoning why we didn't use them. This was made up and now you know this so are making up different excuses.

Yes we do use motion and jet sweeps in pee wee, and middle school, and high school, and college. Not a foreign concept that needs vast experience to pull off in the NFL and as you were shown Watson did it, day 1.

Rodgers complaint was not that we did it too much. It is that he doesn't think it allows the offense to run up tempo. Remember your absurd argument on what up temp meant?
FFS 23 you saw the use of Jet sweep and motion decline when Irving was injured, same with Hill and another player I can't remember, nothing made up about that, and his up tempo comment probably is valid, and translates to not doing it as much, course you'll twist that around to suit your agenda, which is to be a jerk.

I'am not the only one that dislikes to converse with you, you look for any possible way to turn every convo into a back and forth argument, twisting words attacking meaning of words, your lack of acceptance to over look simple mistakes others make describing stuff is over bearing garbage.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

I'm starting to think we just make a thread to solely discuss yoop's rehashed argument and that if that argument moves its way into other threads, it automatically gets moved to that thread.

Thoughts mods?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
10 May 2023 14:47
Pckfn23 wrote:
10 May 2023 14:19
Yoop wrote:

FFS 23 you saw the use of Jet sweep and motion decline when Irving was injured, same with Hill and another player I can't remember, nothing made up about that, and his up tempo comment probably is valid, and translates to not doing it as much, course you'll twist that around to suit your agenda, which is to be a jerk.
I love that you ALWAYS point out when others retaliate against you being the jerk, but NEVER realize that you almost always start it... My agenda is to HONESTLY talk football and I will call it out when someone else does not. Just don't make things up...

Now, back to "topic..." Tyler Ervin ran the ball a TOTAL of 14 times for Green Bay, 13 of which were in 2020 AND not all were Jet Sweeps. Kylin Hill ran the ball a TOTAL of 11 times, and most were not Jet sweeps. Bringing up both in no way validates your assertion that there needs to be some special experienced player to run motion or jet sweeps.
I'am not the only one that dislikes to converse with you, you look for any possible way to turn every convo into a back and forth argument, twisting words attacking meaning of words, your lack of acceptance to over look simple mistakes others make describing stuff is over bearing garbage.
Incorrect. You are being called out for using fabricated evidence for your assertions then changing your assertion when you are. This isn't a new thing with you, this has been going on for YEARS.

To end, motion and jet sweeps do NOT take an experienced and capable play to succeed. We have seen them run successfully by rookies all over the NFL as those concepts are pretty rudimentary throughout all of football. We haven't been running as much motion under LaFleur because Aaron Rodgers didn't like to do so, preferring the old static McCarthy offense. With Love, many expect that nuance of our offense to change.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Acrobat wrote:
10 May 2023 15:03
I'm starting to think we just make a thread to solely discuss yoop's rehashed argument and that if that argument moves its way into other threads, it automatically gets moved to that thread.

Thoughts mods?
no one jacked this thread, I wasn't the one that turned it into a bitch about Rodgers not using Lafleurs schemes either, what you can't seem to deal with is that Rodgers did actually retrain himself after 13 season to evolve into Lafleurs schemes, and that includes the pre snap motion.

and I resent you singling me out, who the hell do you think you are, you bounce in and out of this forum on a whim and tag along with this gang of two or 3 that have a goal to humiliate me.

next time you want to suggest something to the mods do it with a PM

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I think you all have pretty much beat whatever point(s) you're trying to make regarding Rodgers and motion (and receivers) to death. Time to move on.

In reference to this:
Acrobat wrote:I'm starting to think we just make a thread to solely discuss yoop's rehashed argument and that if that argument moves its way into other threads, it automatically gets moved to that thread.

Thoughts mods?
I think it's better we all just try and better stick to the topics at hand. Yes, there will be overlap but I also fully grasp the point you're making. We Mods shall better endeavor to reel in conversation that veers from course in the future.

Now...

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Yoop wrote:
10 May 2023 15:25
Acrobat wrote:

Thoughts mods?
no one jacked this thread, I wasn't the one that turned it into a bitch about Rodgers not using Lafleurs schemes either, what you can't seem to deal with is that Rodgers did actually retrain himself after 13 season to evolve into Lafleurs schemes, and that includes the pre snap motion.

and I resent you singling me out, who the hell do you think you are, you bounce in and out of this forum on a whim and tag along with this gang of two or 3 that have a goal to humiliate me.

Self reflection is never a bad thing. Neither was my idea because I'm one of many who are sick of seeing every thread poisoned by the rehashed argument over and over.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
10 May 2023 15:18
Incorrect. You are being called out for using fabricated evidence for your assertions then changing your assertion when you are. This isn't a new thing with you, this has been going on for YEARS.
we have run jet sweeps since Lafleur became the coach, they declined at times when players where hurt, they did not decline because of Rodgers.

your right motion is not that complicated, but nothing is automatic at the NFL level, Lazard has had success, just not last year, he did it twice for no gain.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Acrobat wrote:
10 May 2023 15:29
Yoop wrote:
Acrobat wrote:

Thoughts mods?

Self reflection is never a bad thing. Neither was my idea because I'm one of many who are sick of seeing every thread poisoned by the rehashed argument over and over.
then don't take part in the argument, I don't instigate these arguments, maybe do a little self reflection yourself

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Yoop wrote:
10 May 2023 15:39
Acrobat wrote:
10 May 2023 15:29
Yoop wrote:

then don't take part in the argument, I don't instigate these arguments, maybe do a little self reflection yourself
Not gonna do this "I know you are but what am I" stuff. Feel free to have the last word and move on please.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Time to move on.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

...and, remember that one can save a lot of screen space and forehead-slapping with judicious use of the Ignore feature.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

So then, It’s definitely a rebuild?

;-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Wonder if we could get a team like Arizona to take Savage for like a 5th and 7th round swap.

We give the 5th.

Also, related

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
13 May 2023 16:35
Wonder if we could get a team like Arizona to take Savage for like a 5th and 7th round swap.

We give the 5th.

Also, related

We gave him the 5th year option. We plan to use him.especially without Amos. Especially when we just added void heads to his deal

The option was just 7.9 million anyways. We aren’t giving people 5th round picks to free up that amount of money. Lol

Savage is in the plan for 2023.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Ok y'all, I've about had it with Bakhtiari this offseason

Can you imagine being a wildly popular star football player and using your social media clout to publicly tag and insult the team's social media manager for a sub-par schedule release video?? Like COME ON. What are we doing here? That's just bully behavior. Totally unnecessary. He's being weird. He has feelings about the team and Rodgers and is acting out. I'm disappointed.