Rank the Roster 2023: #8

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Who are the next two best players on the Packers?

Poll ended at 16 May 2023 20:55

Eric Stokes
No votes
AJ Dillon
6%
Preston Smith
13%
Rasul Douglas
6%
Darnell Savage
No votes
Josh Myers
3%
John Runyan
No votes
Quay Walker
3%
Devonte Wyatt
No votes
Jordan Love
23%
Christian Watson
32%
Keisean Nixon
13%
Romeo Doubs
No votes
Lukas Van Ness
No votes
Luke Musgrave
No votes
Jayden Reed
No votes
Tucker Craft
No votes
Jonathan Owens
No votes

Total votes: 31

Waldo
Reactions:

Rank the Roster 2023: #8

Post by Waldo »

Rank The Roster: 2023 Edition

1. Jaire Alexander (43%)[+2]
2. Aaron Jones (26%)[+6]
3. David Bakhtiari (34%)[+1]
4. Kenny Clark (50%)[-2]
5. Rashan Gary (57%)[+1]
6. Elgton Jenkins (54%)[-1]
7. DeVondre Campbell (29%)[--]
8. Current (xx%)[--]

Percent of vote the winner got will be in parenthesis, position change vs. 2019 will be in brackets.

Here's how this works:

Each day there is a new thread/poll, starting at #1, on down to whereever we get. The whole point of this exercise is to have something to talk about in the lean news months to carry us to camp. Each poll will be open for voting for 24 hours. New threads will only be created on weekdays. Ties will cause a runoff poll. You may vote up to TWO players (a change that was made mid-poll last year, seemed to work well).

Simply voting is not enough!

Post why you voted for who you did and provide a player to add to the next poll (every poll will be a list of 15-20 guys, new players added in bunches every few days).

Here's the thing. There is no criteria. This is an exercise to foster discussion therefore there are no clear criteria for ranking. Who is better right now? Who will have the best season? Who was better last year? Sort of a combo of them all? Do you take positional value into account? It really doesn't matter.

Previous Years:
Rank the Roster: 2022
Rank the Roster: 2021
Rank the Roster: 2020
Rank the Roster: 2014-2019

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Love and Watson. Love is running the show. Watson is going to be a star.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Love and Watson

Can’t say I agree with voting Campbell ahead of either.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Nixon and Walker. I think once things slow down for Walker his athleticism will show. I would go Doubs or Preston next. Then maybe Love. Watson still is just a guy who runs fast and supinates too much. :lol:

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Cdragon wrote:
15 May 2023 20:59
Love and Watson. Love is running the show. Watson is going to be a star.
I agree.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
15 May 2023 21:55
Love and Watson

Can’t say I agree with voting Campbell ahead of either.
Once again, I agree on all counts.

Read More. Post Less.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yeah, Watson. 'Arguably our best player last year after the Cowboys game. There's a lot of room for him to refine his game, but he has already established himself as a clear field-tilter when he's out there.

I will also throw in a vote for Sul. He's a damn good boundary CB. He should be in consideration.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Anyone else think maybe Walker should have went ahead of Campbell? Not sure if I do, but clearly I must think it’s closer than most.

Be fun to see how we slate in Walker and Wyatt and Van Ness.

Kind of want to to Van Ness sooner than later, but Preston has to go before him, right?

I think I’m often too bullish on our young guys.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Minus injury and Watson would have broken the 1000 yrd barrier, easily last season, and should do so with Love this year, and Nixon provides us with a explosive RB style as a return man giving us great field position

I have to vote in that almost assured production from these two prior to Love

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Although I think Love and Watson are going to be great, I still think Preston and Rasul are better at this time.

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

BF004 wrote:
16 May 2023 09:07
Anyone else think maybe Walker should have went ahead of Campbell? Not sure if I do, but clearly I must think it’s closer than most.

Kind of want to to Van Ness sooner than later, but Preston has to go before him, right?

I mentioned him a few spots back. If he hadn't left a bad taste in our mouths with 2(!) ejections I think the conversation would be different this offseason. But he is fast, strong and a tacking machine. He just needs to play UNTIL the qhistle and I think he will be really, really good for us. Still going Love and Watson here, but he's probably my next after them.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Madcity_matt wrote:
16 May 2023 09:36
BF004 wrote:

I mentioned him a few spots back. If he hadn't left a bad taste in our mouths with 2(!) ejections I think the conversation would be different this offseason. But he is fast, strong and a tacking machine. He just needs to play UNTIL the qhistle and I think he will be really, really good for us. Still going Love and Watson here, but he's probably my next after them.
If you go back and watch what Walker did, Wyatt did the same thing, maybe worse because it was later. Walker got caught. Wyatt did not. IMO Walker needs to control his emotions. Wyatt is just a thug like Suh.

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

TheSkeptic wrote:
16 May 2023 10:41
Madcity_matt wrote:
16 May 2023 09:36
BF004 wrote:

If you go back and watch what Walker did, Wyatt did the same thing, maybe worse because it was later. Walker got caught. Wyatt did not. IMO Walker needs to control his emotions. Wyatt is just a thug like Suh.
I don't mind some mean in my defense. They just need to be able to knock it off at the whistle.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Acrobat wrote:
16 May 2023 09:30
Although I think Love and Watson are going to be great, I still think Preston and Rasul are better at this time.
Historically odd-year Preston = damn good

“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

BF004 wrote:

I think Campbell was severely underrated, so no. But I also think Watson has All-pro potential. Tbh 2021 Campbell was DPOY-caliber, in the context of our MLB position going back to the early Favre days.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I think as things stand, putting Walker ahead of Campbell is nothing but hopes and prayers. Campbell is miles ahead of him in terms of what we've seen. I don't mind predictive rankings. But they're a guess and a hope, tough to make a strong evidentiary case for. Campbell is much father along than Walker.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
16 May 2023 20:41
I think as things stand, putting Walker ahead of Campbell is nothing but hopes and prayers. Campbell is miles ahead of him in terms of what we've seen. I don't mind predictive rankings. But they're a guess and a hope, tough to make a strong evidentiary case for. Campbell is much father along than Walker.
True, but I suspect many here, myself included, weigh projected growth pretty heavily in these pre-season rankings. I'm OK with voters pounding the podium based on nothing more than hopes and prayers for young and ascending players.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

then why pound the table for Touri over the likes of 2 of our drafted receivers this year that will over take Touri on the depth chart before I even finish typing this?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
17 May 2023 08:51
then why pound the table for Touri over the likes of 2 of our drafted receivers this year that will over take Touri on the depth chart before I even finish typing this?
NO ONE IS POUNDING THE TABLE FOR TOURE!!! They are disputing the reasoning of your strong opinion concerning Toure.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

OMG this thread too??? :cry: