Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
23 May 2023 10:55
I don't twist anything, you nit pick every word to invent a argument, anyone that thinks less receivers is better then having more is delusional,
Obviously more is always better than less at every spot.

The point is you don't have unlimited resources and thus can't plug every hole on your team.

So you have to find ways to win with what you have, and utilize your finite resources to maximize the return.

For example, sure, a WR adds value by catching, running with the ball, and scoring. But then an OL gives the QB time to hook up with the WR to do all that *and* they help the RB get yards on the ground and score, too.

Maybe we shouldn't lose sight of those realities to the flashy/sexier positions. It's Chess, not Madden.

and KC passed for over 400 yrds, I rest my case.
Not so fast, John Kerry. KC didn't even have over 400 yards of total offense. They passed for 182 yards, with their #1 receiving target posting 81 yards. Eagles had more offensive production, over 300 yards passing, but about 50 yards less in the run than KC.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
23 May 2023 11:05
I don't twist anything, you nit pick every word to invent a argument, anyone that thinks less receivers is better then having more is delusional, and KC passed for over 400 yrds, I rest my case.
:dunno: :dunno: :dunno:
typo, Philly passed for over 400 yrds and they lost because there defense could not stop KC from running or passing in the 4th quarter.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

That's not what I was referring to, and that isn't a typo...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

If only Philly hadn't wasted so many resources at WR and had invested in more defense to stop KC who didn't have enough WR's.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
23 May 2023 11:12
Yoop wrote:
23 May 2023 10:55
I don't twist anything, you nit pick every word to invent a argument, anyone that thinks less receivers is better then having more is delusional,
Obviously more is always better than less at every spot.

The point is you don't have unlimited resources and thus can't plug every hole on your team.

So you have to find ways to win with what you have, and utilize your finite resources to maximize the return.

For example, sure, a WR adds value by catching, running with the ball, and scoring. But then an OL gives the QB time to hook up with the WR to do all that *and* they help the RB get yards on the ground and score, too.

Maybe we shouldn't lose sight of those realities to the flashy/sexier positions. It's Chess, not Madden.

and KC passed for over 400 yrds, I rest my case.
Not so fast, John Kerry. KC didn't even have over 400 yards of total offense. They passed for 182 yards, with their #1 receiving target posting 81 yards. Eagles had more offensive production, over 300 yards passing, but about 50 yards less in the run than KC.
when ya go 8 years not improving a position, then that is positional abuse, and you had the best pure passer in the league during that time frame, thats QB abuse any way you cut it, no wonder Rodgers was pissed off and we had to pay a kings ransom to keep him, and instead of improving the position we spent every resource on defense except several on OL, and they didn't do so well either last year.

we wasted years building a average defense and neglected offense, and as I said neither of KC or Philly defense could hold the other to less then 30 points. who cares how or what KC did to win, the fact is Philly defense could not match up to whatever it was and lost, again my point is that ya have to be able to score quick to come back from a 2 score deficit and that wont happen unless you can pass the ball.

your going to extremes to make it seem as though our situation these last 4 or 5 years was OK, and it wasn't, Rodgers was not the reason we lost these PO games, your just defending Guty and the ignorance of his draft choices, and I never will.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
23 May 2023 11:31
when ya go 8 years not improving a position, then that is positional abuse, and you had the best pure passer in the league during that time frame, thats QB abuse any way you cut it, no wonder Rodgers was pissed off and we had to pay a kings ransom to keep him, and instead of improving the position we spent every resource on defense except several on OL, and they didn't do so well either last year.
Rodgers was not the reason we lost these PO games, your just defending Guty and the ignorance of his draft choices, and I never will.
Honestly, what compels you to continue to bring Aaron Rodgers up unprovoked? Aaron Rodgers and OUR passing game/talent over the last 5 years was not even hinted at or mentioned by [mention]Labrev[/mention]. He is talking, in general, that there is more than 1 way to build a successful offense in the NFL other than have 2+ top WRs. He literally gave 2 good examples with the Chiefs and Eagles and how they built their offense's in 2022, differently.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Something must be wrong with me, because I keep clicking on this thread every day and expect to find our about Packers news. :messedup: :idn: :dunno: :(

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
23 May 2023 11:10
NCF wrote:
23 May 2023 10:56
Yoop wrote:
23 May 2023 10:51

I wasn't the first person to say that, far as I know Vince Lombardi was, and he said it like this, "2 things happen when you pass the ball, and 2 of them are bad, go look it up.
That may be true, but it is 2023 now, so I don't think there is a whole lot of Lombardi-era passing game carryover to today's NFL.
wha? NCF that is just as accurate now as it was in the 60's either the pass falls incomplete and you wasted a down, or it's picked off, or it's completed which is the only good result. :idn:
What about PI calls? What about personal fouls for hitting defenseless receivers? What about RPOs? What about RAC? What about rubs and screens? It's entirely not accurate.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
23 May 2023 12:36
Yoop wrote:
23 May 2023 11:10
NCF wrote:
23 May 2023 10:56

That may be true, but it is 2023 now, so I don't think there is a whole lot of Lombardi-era passing game carryover to today's NFL.
wha? NCF that is just as accurate now as it was in the 60's either the pass falls incomplete and you wasted a down, or it's picked off, or it's completed which is the only good result. :idn:
What about PI calls? What about personal fouls for hitting defenseless receivers? What about RPOs? What about RAC? What about rubs and screens? It's entirely not accurate.
your right, but I was simply referencing the act of the forward pass and mimicking Lombardi, in his era DB's got away with mauling receivers, today they get called.

in that era most teams where run, run, run, and pass when necessary, even then Starr had some very good receivers to throw to

in this era it's the opposite, most teams are pass first and run to keep a defense honest, more run the last few years, but it's still a pass first league, and Guty finally did something to improve those capability's

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

salmar80 wrote:
23 May 2023 12:27
Something must be wrong with me, because I keep clicking on this thread every day and expect to find our about Packers news. :messedup: :idn: :dunno: :(
Yep unfortunately as long as a certain individual continues to post here, every other thread is going to be poisoned with the same old repeated argument. Definitely tiring.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
23 May 2023 11:42
Yoop wrote:
23 May 2023 11:31
Rodgers was not the reason we lost these PO games, your just defending Guty and the ignorance of his draft choices, and I never will.
Honestly, what compels you to continue to bring Aaron Rodgers up unprovoked? Aaron Rodgers and OUR passing game/talent over the last 5 years was not even hinted at or mentioned by @Labrev. He is talking, in general, that there is more than 1 way to build a successful offense in the NFL other than have 2+ top WRs. He literally gave 2 good examples with the Chiefs and Eagles and how they built their offense's in 2022, differently.
because my argument is centered on just how stupid it was not to improve the WR situation before the 2022 draft, duh.

and if there are more ways to build a team, then every team would mimic SF, no one would pay huge money for QB's and receivers wouldn't make 20 plus mil.

this run and play great defense rarely gets the job done on it's own, in fact almost never, KC had to score 17 points in the 4th quarter to win, ya don't do that just running the ball, which they didn't, those 4th quarter points came from passing and a FG.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Acrobat wrote:
23 May 2023 13:30
salmar80 wrote:
Yep unfortunately as long as a certain individual continues to post here, every other thread is going to be poisoned with the same old repeated argument. Definitely tiring.
then bring something to discuss, you never do, the only thing you do is stalk my post hoping to climb on board with others and rip my post.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Is there no OTA news? Was hoping to see something in here, haven’t really been on twitter last two days at all.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
23 May 2023 13:46
Is there no OTA news? Was hoping to see something in here, haven’t really been on twitter last two days at all.
I have been waiting, too. Must be closed sessions.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
23 May 2023 13:37

because my argument is centered on just how stupid it was not to improve the WR situation before the 2022 draft, duh.
Yes, we know. It does not have to be brought into every thread.
and if there are more ways to build a team, then every team would mimic SF, no one would pay huge money for QB's and receivers wouldn't make 20 plus mil.
Philadelphia and Kansas City were built differently, which exemplifies how teams with different roster emphasis can succeed.
this run and play great defense rarely gets the job done on it's own, in fact almost never, KC had to score 17 points in the 4th quarter to win, ya don't do that just running the ball, which they didn't, those 4th quarter points came from passing and a FG.
And yet KC didn't have the coveted 1a and 1b at WR...

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
23 May 2023 13:55

what about Toure :rotf: I had to lol, that Wicks I think is going to turn some heads

on a jets note, I heard Rodgers has a leg, same with AL Lazard, which part of the leg and which leg :idn:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
23 May 2023 13:58
Yoop wrote:
23 May 2023 13:37

Yes, we know. It does not have to be brought into every thread.
Philadelphia and Kansas City were built differently, which exemplifies how teams with different roster emphasis can succeed.
And yet KC didn't have the coveted 1a and 1b at WR...
ahhh, they where built the same. KC just couldn't replace Brown or there #1 that left, they still had shuster and Kelse. More etc. Philly couldn't stop the run, or KC would have thrown more, ya can't pigeon hole a offense based on what worked against a given opponent, both teams are and where built to pass the ball first and run second.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Yoop wrote:
23 May 2023 13:44
Acrobat wrote:
23 May 2023 13:30
salmar80 wrote:
then bring something to discuss, you never do, the only thing you do is stalk my post hoping to climb on board with others and rip my post.
Yeeeeaaaahhh no. I bring enough to discuss. Your name is on every single thread that gets derailed. Own it.