Jordan Love 2023 Expectation/Player Comparison

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Honestly, just what we needed after the last 2-3 weeks of stupid offseason bickering. Nothing can unite the forum like some arrogant douche.

Always a fun show for the week or two it’ll last. :munch:

JordanAlexanderLove
Reactions:

Post by JordanAlexanderLove »

Drj820 wrote:
28 May 2023 07:39
JordanAlexanderLove wrote:
28 May 2023 02:19
Drj820 wrote:
27 May 2023 21:24

If love plays any amount better than Rodgers next year it will be one of the best seasons from a first year starter at qb ever
Not true, but ok. Please post some meaningless stats from first season starting QBs that you think supports your claim that first year starting QBs are never as good as the crap show Aaron put on last season. Aaron and the Pack didn't make the playoffs. Off the top of my head, I could name 5 first season as the starter QBs that did. Aaron didn't even show up in a must win against the Lions. And no, your precious Aaron's thumb was not broken the final week of the season. Please save the thumb excuse for why he sucked last year.

Love Aaron and respect his career, but so sick of you Aaron fanboys defending him. He is a huge reason why the Packers never got a Lombardi in the past 4 years. Great coaching staff and better than good rosters for 4 years. The Defense sucked you say? Another false excuse. Did the defense lose that NFC Champ game at home to Tampa? Nope, Aaron did. Did the defense lose to San Fran at home in the divisional round in 2021? Nope, Aaron did. No passing TDs and one rushing TD by AJ Dillon. Thank god the J-Love era is here!
Please show me where I fan boyed for rodgers or mentioned a thumb?

I think we set any QB up to fail last year with the receiver situation. What we trotted out on the field weeks 1-6 at WR was basically sabotage. Combine that with rodgers making no effort to connect with those guys in the off-season, his very average play, and the defense underachieving, it was a recipe for disaster.

That said, he did have an “average” season compared to most NFL starters.

And if Love performs better than the average NFL QB, (meaning plays as about the 10-15th best) then yes, that will be historically good for a first year starter.

Most first year QBs play below average, and the good ones show signs of future goodness and make a big leap year 2.
Aaron himself never said the WR corp was crap last year. Glad you know more than him. And if you think he thought it, but just never said it, then that is more Aaron fanboy talk. He actually took 2 Packers WRs to NY with him. If he thought he had no weapons in Green Bay, why would he try to bring several WRs with him? He would have took Watson & Rome, with him as well if he could have.

Injuries happen and players miss time. That isn't the team setting up Aaron to fail. Good QBs are able to still be successful when players miss time. Aaron was way less than average in playoff games later in his career. He failed to show up many times in big games. Glad to move on to a QB I actually feel can win a big game.

And your little accusation that I am some commenter from the past is pathetic. It would be as dumb as me claiming you are Donald Trump. One would have to be delusional to actually think such a thing.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

28 May 2023 08:23
Drj820 wrote:

Not true, but ok. Please post some meaningless stats from first season starting QBs that you think supports your claim that first year starting QBs are never as good as the crap show Aaron put on last season. Aaron and the Pack didn't make the playoffs. Off the top of my head, I could name 5 first season as the starter QBs that did. Aaron didn't even show up in a must win against the Lions. And no, your precious Aaron's thumb was not broken the final week of the season. Please save the thumb excuse for why he sucked last year.

Love Aaron and respect his career, but so sick of you Aaron fanboys defending him. He is a huge reason why the Packers never got a Lombardi in the past 4 years. Great coaching staff and better than good rosters for 4 years. The Defense sucked you say? Another false excuse. Did the defense lose that NFC Champ game at home to Tampa? Nope, Aaron did. Did the defense lose to San Fran at home in the divisional round in 2021? Nope, Aaron did. No passing TDs and one rushing TD by AJ Dillon. Thank god the J-Love era is here!

I think we set any QB up to fail last year with the receiver situation. What we trotted out on the field weeks 1-6 at WR was basically sabotage. Combine that with rodgers making no effort to connect with those guys in the off-season, his very average play, and the defense underachieving, it was a recipe for disaster.

And if Love performs better than the average NFL QB, (meaning plays as about the 10-15th best) then yes, that will be historically good for a first year starter.

Most first year QBs play below average, and the good ones show signs of future goodness and make a big leap year 2.
Aaron himself never said the WR corp was crap last year. Glad you know more than him. And if you think he thought it, but just never said it, then that is more Aaron fanboy talk. He actually took 2 Packers WRs to NY with him. If he thought he had no weapons in Green Bay, why would he try to bring several WRs with him? He would have took Watson & Rome, with him as well if he could have.

Injuries happen and players miss time. That isn't the team setting up Aaron to fail. Good QBs are able to still be successful when players miss time. Aaron was way less than average in playoff games later in his career. He failed to show up many times in big games. Glad to move on to a QB I actually feel can win a big game.

And your little accusation that I am some commenter from the past is pathetic. It would be as dumb as me claiming you are Donald Trump. One would have to be delusional to actually think such a thing.
Oh you are def a poster that’s posted before. Username was something like “frozentundra” or what not. Can’t recall to be honest.

But ya, to think rodgers would publically say the WRs were awful would not be something he would do. He hinted at it all along tho. And it wasn’t that they will be awful forever, they were just noobs (3 rookies), slow (lazard), washed (Sammy Watkins), or old (Cobb).

And we all know rodgers prefers to play with his pals (Lazard, Cobb) over skill
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

JordanAlexanderLove
Reactions:

Drj820 wrote:
28 May 2023 08:33
Drj820 wrote:

Oh you are def a poster that’s posted before. Username was something like “frozentundra” or what not. Can’t recall to be honest.

But ya, to think rodgers would publically say the WRs were awful would not be something he would do. He hinted at it all along tho. And it wasn’t that they will be awful forever, they were just noobs (3 rookies), slow (lazard), washed (Sammy Watkins), or old (Cobb).

The delusion continues. You can't "recall" who you are accusing me to be, but still continue with the accusation, all the while trying to pretend you don't care about something that you brought up and still are accusing me of.😌 Kinda sad really. I think you should be removed from the forum for harassing people with your delusional thoughts.

And the thinking that Aaron cares more about playing with his friends than winning is laughable. He wouldn't have wanted Lazard and Cobb in NY if he didn't think they could help him win.

Out of one side of your mouth you sound like those that claim Aaron would have won the Super Bowl every year had the Packers surrounded him with good rosters. The last 4 years he had a very good roster and very good head coach who 100% had his back. He failed to produce any hardware. A big part of the reason is himself.

Adding to the amusement of your comments is how you blame the roster for Aaron failures, but also claim Aaron doesn't really care about winning at all, he apparently just wants to be surrounded with friends..
Last edited by JordanAlexanderLove on 28 May 2023 09:32, edited 1 time in total.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
27 May 2023 16:35
If love plays any amount better than Rodgers next year it will be one of the best seasons from a first year starter at qb ever

no you dont respect Rodgers, or you'd realize your babbling is bloviated BS to support your nut licking of Jordan Love who more then likely will never ever be as good as the QB your dissing, your like the fool who rushes in screaming the sun is coming out in the middle of a monsoon, like that fool your comments make NO sense and are based mostly on HOPE, and HATE

and who gives a &%$@ who you are, to me your just another troll that slams Rodgers in order to raise Love up, the same as trolls like you dissed Favre 15 years ago.
Last edited by Yoop on 28 May 2023 09:23, edited 1 time in total.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

28 May 2023 09:08
Drj820 wrote:
28 May 2023 08:33

The delusion continues. You can't "recall" who you are accusing me to be, but still continue with the accusation, all the while trying to pretend you don't care about something that you brought up and still are accusing me of.😌 Kinda sad really. I think you should be removed from the forum for harassing people with your delusional thoughts.

And the thinking that Aaron cares more about playing with his friends than winning is laughable. He wouldn't have wanted Lazard and Cobb in NY if he didn't think they could help him win.

You sound like those that claim Aaron would have won the Super Bowl every year had the Packers surrounded him with good rosters. The last 4 years he had a very good roster and very good head coach who 100% had his back. He failed to produce any hardware. A big part of the reason is himself.

Funny how you blame the roster for Aaron failures, but also claim Aaron doesn't really care about winning at all. He just wants to be surrounded with friends..
I’m happy to keep dialoguing with you…person that used to be on the forum and then created a new user name…but first I must ask…can you read? Ever taken any cognitive test to evaluate your reading comprehension skills? You keep saying people say things they didn’t say. I’m not trying to be rude, just curious with what I am dealing with in this conversation. Get back to me on this and we can continue.

Thanks, person who used to be on the forum
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

JordanAlexanderLove
Reactions:

Yoop wrote:
28 May 2023 09:14
Drj820 wrote:

no you dont respect Rodgers, or you'd realize your babbling is bloviated BS to support your nut licking of Jordan Love who more then likely will never ever be as good as the QB your dissing, your like the fool who rushes in screaming the sun is coming out in the middle of a monsoon, like that fool your comments make NO sense and are based mostly on HOPE, and HATE

and who gives a &%$@ who you are, to me your just another troll that slams Rodgers in order to raise Love up, the same as trolls like you dissed Favre 15 years ago.
Wow, severe mental illness is not lacking in this particular "fan forum."

Enjoy the rest of the Memorial Day Weekend All!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

28 May 2023 09:36
Yoop wrote:
28 May 2023 09:14

Wow, severe mental illness is not lacking in this particular "fan forum."

Enjoy the rest of the Memorial Day Weekend All!
leave and we will.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

BF004 wrote:
28 May 2023 08:08
Honestly, just what we needed after the last 2-3 weeks of stupid offseason bickering. Nothing can unite the forum like some arrogant douche.

Haha was thinking how funny it would be if this new guy was actually you, undercover, as the forum moderator, trying to drive activity in the offseason. :lol:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
28 May 2023 08:08

Not even a full 24 hours this time around. :box:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

So I know that there's a lot we don't know.

And I know that the odds are that Love will be something less than awesome.

Cautious, moderate optimism is the most logical and rational stance.

And I think it's fair for haters to say "he's not good until he shows me he's good," even if that's an oddly pessimistic mindset for my disposition.

I know all of that.

But occasionally, do y'all ever just let yourself imagine... what if the relevant player comps are closer to Mahomes and Herbert than to Kirk Cousins or Daniel Jones? What if he follows the Mahomes-Lamar path of being on the bench and then winning MVP right off the bat as a starter? It's unlikely, and there's no evidentiary argument that can be made for an unknown future, so I won't try to make "a case" that it'll happen....

But on a holiday weekend when Love, Watson, and AJ Dillon are vacation party bonding, it can be fun to take a moment as fans and just allow ourselves to imagine a fun, awesome future in which we're about to launch the career of, say, our 3rd straight HoF QB

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

great, true, and obviously all Packer fans should be on board with that, everyone here sure seems to be, but why rip or invent nonsense concerning Rodgers to preclude it?

I just don't get why anyone would do that, I truly can't relate to any Packer fan that gets there jolly's trolling a message board to spew hate on Rodgers, whos only intent was starting a argument with the members.

I have been voicing my hopes and Support for Love for 3 years, of course I hope he's the next HOF QB.

please remember the reason we celebrate this weekend everyone, take time to visit a vet tomorrow, thank them for what they gave, I know thats what I'll be doing :aok:

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

YoHoChecko wrote:
28 May 2023 11:58
So I know that there's a lot we don't know.

And I know that the odds are that Love will be something less than awesome.

Cautious, moderate optimism is the most logical and rational stance.

And I think it's fair for haters to say "he's not good until he shows me he's good," even if that's an oddly pessimistic mindset for my disposition.

I know all of that.

But occasionally, do y'all ever just let yourself imagine... what if the relevant player comps are closer to Mahomes and Herbert than to Kirk Cousins or Daniel Jones? What if he follows the Mahomes-Lamar path of being on the bench and then winning MVP right off the bat as a starter? It's unlikely, and there's no evidentiary argument that can be made for an unknown future, so I won't try to make "a case" that it'll happen....

But on a holiday weekend when Love, Watson, and AJ Dillon are vacation party bonding, it can be fun to take a moment as fans and just allow ourselves to imagine a fun, awesome future in which we're about to launch the career of, say, our 3rd straight HoF QB
I will settle for 3rd SB MVP QB (although not straight) :)

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Good afternoon. I hadn’t greeted you here yet, but I’ll jump in to offer my welcome to you. Hope that you enjoy the stay.

You’ll find mostly friendly people here. Yeah, some argue too much (or simply cannot let go of their points or insulting others). But we’re almost all harmless Packer fans. If you bring peace, you’ll definitely receive peace here, mostly.

Anyhow, have a great weekend and enjoy the forum!
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Drj820 wrote:
27 May 2023 16:35

2020 def let Mostert run for over 220 yards and 4 tds. A record I think.
2021 Kevin King and wrs dropping everything. Rodgers outplayed Brady.
2022 Rodgers outplayed Jimmy. Our off outscored 49ers off. Special teams was a mess.

You are just wrong. You think a broken thumb on your throwing hand is a problem? You don't think the worst receiving group in the league is a problem.

Silly. Go back to breaking records with Rome on madden.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

TheSkeptic wrote:
11 May 2023 02:03
I do not expect Love to be as good as either Rodgers or Favre or even Majik. Those 3 had more talent than Love has. But I expect Love to be a good game manager, to take what the D gives him, to hand the ball to Jones or Dillon and let them and the Oline take the steam out of the opposing D. To make the 10 yard throw to Watson or Reed and watch them tag on YAC. To make the 7 yard pass on 3rd and 5 to the new TE's or a screen pass to the RB. To be careful with the ball but to also understand that punting is a failure by the QB and almost as bad as an interception.

This is a good O. Last season the Oline was not healthy. Watson missed half the season before he got healthy and then Doubs got hurt. Jones and Dillon did not have great years because the blocking was not consistent. Right now, the O looks the best it has been in a long time. Love does not need to win games, he just needs not to lose them. And that is precisely what he will do, just win.

As for comparison, well my all time favorite Packer. Bart Starr. Never had the greatest arm like Unitas, but good enough to make tough passes. Never a scrambler like Tarkington, but not a target for Dlinemen either. Just a leader. Just a winner. Just a teammate.
Majik? Don was a 10 round pick. I think Love has more talent than Majik had coming out of college but time will tell.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
12 May 2023 10:00
I do not expect Jordan Love to wait until the clock hits 1 second before taking the snap.........over and over again. That was getting ridiculous with the previous QB orchestrating an offensive game plan that rarely resulted in open receivers (unless #17 was on the field).
That drove me absolutely crazy. Let AR do that crap in NJ...

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Saw Love play tonight, not very impressed.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

wallyuwl wrote:
28 May 2023 21:23
Saw Love play tonight, not very impressed.
What bar with a pool table were you in? :rotf:

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Pugger wrote:
28 May 2023 19:53
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
12 May 2023 10:00
I do not expect Jordan Love to wait until the clock hits 1 second before taking the snap.........over and over again. That was getting ridiculous with the previous QB orchestrating an offensive game plan that rarely resulted in open receivers (unless #17 was on the field).
That drove me absolutely crazy. Let AR do that crap in NJ...
That can drive the fans crazy. But when AR lets the play clock wind down, that gives him every opportunity to get a better read on the defense. So, if the offense isn’t driving an up-tempo, that is actually the preferred way to run the offense.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!