Jordan Love 2023 Expectation/Player Comparison

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

JordanAlexanderLove wrote:
30 May 2023 10:49
Acrobat wrote:
30 May 2023 10:38
This is a good read.

https://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-pac ... on-rodgers
The chemistry of the team will no doubt be tighter this season. I don't think Love needs to attempt to be everyones friend always though. He is going to need to get in some faces at times and demand things from his offense. There is a balance there that great QBs can navigate. I think J-Love will be fine in finding that balance. Tom Clements will help him with that as well.
I think it's a balance for sure. Reminds me of when Rodgers was younger actually. Had great rapport with the team. I remember so many stories of Aaron making sure he was somewhat close with everyone. Obviously as he got older, I think that wavered a bit but not completely. I still think overall Rodgers was a pretty good teammate, but he naturally clicked with the older guys.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

30 May 2023 10:40
TheSkeptic wrote:
30 May 2023 10:23
I think it is time for the mods to act.
Does my knowledge intimidate you? Sad that you are taking time out of your day and openly lobbying for me to be banned for discussing the Packers.

I do hope things get better for you.
Alright, he’s banned.

See you again in 3 months for some reason.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

No fun
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

A good forum has it’s roots in community. The moderating team at PackersNews.net (Packers-huddle.com) is committed to building community. We have gone without written rules all this time by adhering to the unwritten rule of everything goes back to building community.

Our only previous rule was, "Any intentional efforts to undermine the community aspect of the forum will not be tolerated."
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

30 May 2023 10:40
TheSkeptic wrote:
30 May 2023 10:23
I think it is time for the mods to act.
Does my knowledge intimidate you? Sad that you are taking time out of your day and openly lobbying for me to be banned for discussing the Packers.

I do hope things get better for you.
He does have a point, though. You have been nothing but an aggressive blowhard in every thread you comment in. Bye, Mike.

Read More. Post Less.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

I don't get why he was banned, honestly. He didn't seem any more obstinate or abrasive than TheSkeptic is when it comes to the AR topic.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Captain_Ben wrote:
30 May 2023 15:35
I don't get why he was banned, honestly. He didn't seem any more obstinate or abrasive than TheSkeptic is when it comes to the AR topic.
He was being a jerk but did actually make an attempt to redirect the conversation and forget the past. There was another poster that was being much more of an instigator than he was but oh well. Sounds like he's been a troublemaker in the past and he did come back with this "remember me f*ckers" kind of bravado.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

He was previously banned twice.

We’ve tried working with him many times. Basically just don’t be a total ass and we won’t have any issues. He made it pretty clear he had zero intention of being any different this time around, so no real point in waiting or warning.

Actually seems like he does have a decent amount of knowledge, would love if he was able to stick around and chat. Shame.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

What did I miss? :munch:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
30 May 2023 16:30

We’ve tried working with him many times. Basically just don’t be a total ass and we won’t have any issues. He made it pretty clear he had zero intention of being any different this time around, so no real point in waiting or warning.

Actually seems like he does have a decent amount of knowledge, would love if he was able to stick around and chat. Shame.
You said it was dead part of off-season and he was good for some laughs and to bring us all together “for a week or two” and then you banned him after a long weekend, sad!

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Drj820 wrote:
30 May 2023 19:08
BF004 wrote:

You said it was dead part of off-season and he was good for some laughs and to bring us all together “for a week or two” and then you banned him after a long weekend, sad!
You just want to see the world burn dr - or just the huddle.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

bud fox wrote:
30 May 2023 19:27
Drj820 wrote:
30 May 2023 19:08
BF004 wrote:

You just want to see the world burn dr - or just the huddle.
Lol

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Captain_Ben wrote:
30 May 2023 15:35
I resemble that comment. :lol:

Obstinate, I totally admit to. And it seems that many (including the Packer brass) now agree that I was substantially correct.

Abrasive - well that is a mix of my words and how they are perceived. I can't control how others perceive what I write.

I have been on this forum for several years. I think I stepped out of line only once, and I repeat my apology to Yoop and I still regret it.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Anywho... Jordan Love.

Expectations. Player Comparison. 2023. Do we have any thoughts on that? Pretty please. :lol:

Read More. Post Less.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

Idk what I can say in this thread that hasn't already been said but one improvement that I have seen with Love since his rookie year is his arm strength. I thought his throws had much more velocity in that Eagles game than they did when I saw him play in his first and second years. Which I am glad about because frankly I thought his arm looked a bit weak before.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

NCF wrote:
31 May 2023 06:25
Anywho... Jordan Love.

Expectations. Player Comparison. 2023. Do we have any thoughts on that? Pretty please. :lol:
He looks like Cutler to me minus what made Cutler special.

Love has good mobility but he’s a passer all the way. He doesn’t use it as often as he could or should IMO. In perfect conditions he throws a beautiful ball whether that’s from the pocket or on the move.

Any pressure what do ever and his accuracy and decision making go to &%$@. He throws a ton of YOLO balls when pressured. You see when we played the Chiefs balls were everywhere but where they needed to be as he was under siege. Against the Eagles he ripped a beauty to Watson who did all the work but down in the redzone at the end he has two opportunities to score and threw some dog &%$@ passes and what should have been TDs.

I think we see a high 20s TD season and a high teens INT season. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t hit 4000 yards in todays NFL.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Cutler was special?

Compared to 2022, 4000 yards would be 10th. 27 TDs would 7th. 16 INts would be 1st.

I think that would be promising.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Maybe he means what made cutler special to the packers and predicting fewer easy interceptions.

I struggle to take the chiefs game as gospel for how he’ll play even as I see Lupe‘a concerns from that game.

Is that innate? Or does the fact that the KC game was literally only half way between getting drafted and starting this season. He’s worked as much since then as he had before then. Plus Clements got involved.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
31 May 2023 22:13
Maybe he means what made cutler special to the packers and predicting fewer easy interceptions.
He was special in that regard, no doubt! 3-13 against the Packers is special.