Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
02 Jun 2023 10:35
why shouldn't/ wouldn't Bakhtiari defend Rodgers over Love, loyalty comes at a price, Bakhtiari has zero allegiance to love, he doesn't owe him anything,
You are so right yoop. Now that I have adopted the wisdom of your words, I now realize that Davante Adams was correct to choose the Raiders and his best friend Derek Carr, over Green Bay and Rodgers.

They played together at Fresno State long before he did with Rodgers. Loyalty comes at a price! Indeed, loyalty to friends TRUMPS loyalty to the team you play for and your teammates. Adams never owed Rodgers anything. He never owed Green Bay, the team paying his salary, anything either! :messedup:

And GB's management is so, so bad. Good on him going to Las Vegas. Now he can see what real management looks like, just like Rodgers will with the venerable New York Jets FO! :aok:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Labrev wrote:
02 Jun 2023 11:37
Yoop wrote:
why shouldn't/ wouldn't Bakhtiari defend Rodgers over Love, loyalty comes at a price, Bakhtiari has zero allegiance to love, he doesn't owe him anything,
You are so right yoop. Now that I have adopted the wisdom of your words, I now realize that Davante Adams was correct to choose the Raiders and his best friend Derek Carr, over Green Bay and Rodgers.

They played together at Fresno State long before he did with Rodgers. Loyalty comes at a price! Indeed, loyalty to friends TRUMPS loyalty to the team you play for and your teammates. Adams never owed Rodgers anything. He never owed Green Bay, the team paying his salary, anything either! :messedup:

And GB's management is so, so bad. Good on him going to Las Vegas. Now he can see what real management looks like, just like Rodgers will with the venerable New York Jets FO! :aok:
Lately, none of the management in Green Bay, Las Vegas and New York have done anything to deserve accolades. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for any of the current cast of characters to emerge as victorious soon.

Jets looked really really good when Buddy and Weeb were pacing the sideline in 1968. And the Raiders during the Madden days. At least we have Holmgren and Wolf autographs to collect. And McCoach and TT too.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
02 Jun 2023 11:49
Lately, none of the management in Green Bay, Las Vegas and New York have done anything to deserve accolades. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for any of the current cast of characters to emerge as victorious soon.
Just pointing out that with PFR's minimum qualifying standard of coaching at least 50 games (this holds true even if the minimum were 25 games coached), Matt LaFleur has the 5th best coaching winning record OF ALL TIME at this point.

So I'd say the team has plenty to deserve accolades. Not a Super Bowl, which is a glaring omission for ranking top coaches, but I mean, this is an absurd level of success we have been witnessing.

image.png
image.png (41.62 KiB) Viewed 509 times

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
Yoop wrote:

your not getting the point at all

young players including Rodgers, Bakh, Adams etc. are all spree de core and gung ho when first starting out, just as much as anyone on the roster today, as the years go by that spree de core for team and team mates becomes take care of number one first and them 2nd, push comes to shove though and they will almost always have loyalty to those that began there career with them, just human nature.
and you will be the same way as the years pile up, eventually you wont cater to the boss, fetch him coffee, polish his boots or any of that stuff your doing right now :rotf: (kidding) :aok:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
02 Jun 2023 10:07
go pak go wrote:
02 Jun 2023 09:11
Yoop wrote:
02 Jun 2023 08:23

well I havn't heard Bakhtiari complain like Sitton did, Josh in no uncertain terms said McCarthy's game plan was the reason why we lost games, and he was vocal about it, unless I missed something Bakh simply said with a new QB we are in a rebuild.
The Sitton release at the time was shocking. We as fans didn't know there was much, if any, riff between Sitton and the Packers until after the fact. I don't think we can say either way that Bakh is or isn't like Sitton at this point.

The first public sign of trouble between Sitton and the organization came last season after Sitton criticized the offensive game plan after the Packers lost at Arizona in Week 16. Less than two weeks later, McCarthy responded to a question about players being critical of the offense by saying, “Josh Sitton needs to play guard” instead of bellyaching about play calling.
This was a very good comment. I'm being serious too. Good recollection.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
02 Jun 2023 13:14
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:
02 Jun 2023 09:11

The Sitton release at the time was shocking. We as fans didn't know there was much, if any, riff between Sitton and the Packers until after the fact. I don't think we can say either way that Bakh is or isn't like Sitton at this point.

The first public sign of trouble between Sitton and the organization came last season after Sitton criticized the offensive game plan after the Packers lost at Arizona in Week 16. Less than two weeks later, McCarthy responded to a question about players being critical of the offense by saying, “Josh Sitton needs to play guard” instead of bellyaching about play calling.
I can't take credit for that though, it was in the article I brought

https://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-pac ... osh-sitton

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
02 Jun 2023 12:57
Labrev wrote:
Yoop wrote:

young players including Rodgers, Bakh, Adams etc. are all spree de core and gung ho when first starting out, just as much as anyone on the roster today, as the years go by that spree de core for team and team mates becomes take care of number one first and them 2nd, push comes to shove though and they will almost always have loyalty to those that began there career with them, just human nature.
and you will be the same way as the years pile up, eventually you wont cater to the boss, fetch him coffee, polish his boots or any of that stuff your doing right now :rotf: (kidding) :aok:
:)

Hey did you watch that video? You would learn a lot from it! :aok:
—Magneto

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
02 Jun 2023 13:32
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

I was impressed too for a second. Then I noticed the pristine grammar and was like "ohhhhh" :oops: :P and found the article by plugging all that into Google :lol: ;)
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
02 Jun 2023 15:45
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

I was impressed too for a second. Then I noticed the pristine grammar and was like "ohhhhh" :oops: :P and found the article by plugging all that into Google :lol: ;)
didn't my link up work?

I went to school when the teachers wore skirts, I was the smartest boy in my class :rotf:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
02 Jun 2023 16:07
Labrev wrote:
Yoop wrote:

didn't my link up work?

I went to school when the teachers wore skirts, I was the smartest boy in my class :rotf:
That’s why we are where we are today. :beer2:

Read More. Post Less.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

NCF wrote:
02 Jun 2023 16:25
Yoop wrote:
02 Jun 2023 16:07
Labrev wrote:

didn't my link up work?

That’s why we are where we are today. :beer2:
Yoop, thanks for making me feel like a real smarty for knowing what "spree de core" means :rotf:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
02 Jun 2023 15:42
Yoop wrote:
02 Jun 2023 12:57
Labrev wrote:

:)

Hey did you watch that video? You would learn a lot from it! :aok:
I don't think you and some others realize that I've been one of Loves strongest supporters, I hated the pick, I would have found a way to move up for the WR, so it was a positional thing for me, same as Gary.

people think because we went 6-10 with Rodgers his first season, that we should expect the same for Love, I've never entertained that notion, but a lot depends on Barry, in AR's first season it was DC Bob Sanders last, his unit allowed 23 points a game average and ranked 23rd in the league, so Rodgers didn't get a lot of support, Capers first season with the addition of Raji and Mathews he produced the #2 defense in the league, and we went 11-5.

hopefully Barry shows up this season and takes some advice from his best players and unleashes the dogs.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
02 Jun 2023 12:01
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
02 Jun 2023 11:49
Just pointing out that with PFR's minimum qualifying standard of coaching at least 50 games (this holds true even if the minimum were 25 games coached), Matt LaFleur has the 5th best coaching winning record OF ALL TIME at this point.

So I'd say the team has plenty to deserve accolades. Not a Super Bowl, which is a glaring omission for ranking top coaches, but I mean, this is an absurd level of success we have been witnessing.

image.png
well done :aok:

I just don't get the dislike some seem to have with Lafleur, he took over during troubled times, and played a roll in transforming this offense from a rudderless vessel into a 13-3 well balanced unit, basically he did everything fans had complained we weren't doing, Fans wanted to run more, and we are, fans wanted more up tempo, and we've done that, hard to please some fans

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I don’t think many outright hate Lafleur. I just know he had success with Rodgers and am looking forward to seeing his next evolution as a coach of the guy he’s groomed for 3 years at QB. He’s shown signs of taking on water in his ship, but he’s still floating for sure. Losing to the lions last year when all he had to do was win the game was pretty shameful.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yikes.

Little regression to the mean, we win 2-3 more games.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I would have thought we’d be so much worse.

Perception and stats are weird sometimes.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
04 Jun 2023 18:43
I would have thought we’d be so much worse.

Perception and stats are weird sometimes.
Woah. We had the 6th-best 2nd-half 3-and-out rate?

I mean, writing that out it does feel like somewhat of a niche stat, but surprisingly good nonetheless. Did Sharp also post the 1st-half version?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I love being surprised by data, but this one makes me angry.

There is no way my "perception" and this stat line up at all.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

BF004 wrote:
03 Jun 2023 13:41
Yikes.

Little regression to the mean, we win 2-3 more games.

Lol that's weird that he included percentages with blanks after them.

I could be wrong here but I feel like Aaron Jones did not see the ball nearly enough in the red zone.