Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Hate being a shorts guy; but my goodness Musgrave just look like he’s built different.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

BF004 wrote:
06 Jun 2023 22:16
Hate being a shorts guy; but my goodness Musgrave just look like he’s built different.

The QB underestimated his speed and the throw was late and he had to slow down for it. He runs like a WR. Looks faster than Lazard ever was but he is a whole lot bigger. I suppose he has a lot of room to improve as a blocker though. Watson, Doubs, Reed and Musgrave together could create a lot of problems for a D.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Drj820 wrote:
06 Jun 2023 22:15
Jerrick was on the team when I was a grad assistant for Georgia southern football. The shower was a massive shower with about 30 shower heads. Head coach Jeff monken would not allow anyone in a meeting that had been out at practice without a shower. He used to come in the locker room and scream at the players to, and I quote, “wash you a****!!!”

So from time to time I showered with jerrick and other players on our way to meetings. Jerrick was a very nice guy. Former cowboy JJ Wilcox was on those teams too. We won the SOCON conference twice and all have the same championship rings.

For three years in a row we made it to FCS semi final and lost to North Dakota state. They were dream snatchers.
Fair enough, but you describing your fandom based upon "I once took a shower with Jerrick McKinnon" paints a far different picture than simply sharing your affinity for him based upon a shared experience as staff/player members at Georgia Southern.

Highlighting the shared shower thing was just weird, dude, but maybe that's me.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Not one to typically side with DrJ, but…..

When we moved back to GB like 5 years ago, I first contacted an old HS buddy who was a realtor in the area who I never really talked to since HS. My wife asked me if I trusted him. I said ‘I showered naked with the guy many a time, that has to count for something.’

He was awesome by the way. Anyone needs a realtor in the GB/Manitowoc/Appleton area, message me and I’ll make you a solid recommendation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
07 Jun 2023 06:58

When we moved back to GB like 5 years ago, I first contacted an old HS buddy who was a realtor in the area who I never really talked to since HS. My wife asked me if I trusted him. I said ‘I showered naked with the guy many a time, that has to count for something.’

He was awesome by the way. Anyone needs a realtor in the GB/Manitowoc/Appleton area, message me and I’ll make you a solid recommendation.
It's already been established you're a weirdo, tho... :mrgreen:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

APB wrote:
07 Jun 2023 07:17
BF004 wrote:

There's likely more than one weirdo here. :rotf:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
07 Jun 2023 08:30
APB wrote:
07 Jun 2023 07:17
BF004 wrote:

There's likely more than one weirdo here. :rotf:

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
06 Jun 2023 22:16

You don't see big guys move like that often.

Also, love the comment on the tweet thread. Reminds me of what we see here sometimes. :lol:
image.png
image.png (30.92 KiB) Viewed 509 times
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Funny, I saw that comment too. Just no faith in humanity sometimes.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Looks like Tom first to start on the bench.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

APB wrote:
07 Jun 2023 06:45
Drj820 wrote:
06 Jun 2023 22:15
Jerrick was on the team when I was a grad assistant for Georgia southern football. The shower was a massive shower with about 30 shower heads. Head coach Jeff monken would not allow anyone in a meeting that had been out at practice without a shower. He used to come in the locker room and scream at the players to, and I quote, “wash you a****!!!”

So from time to time I showered with jerrick and other players on our way to meetings. Jerrick was a very nice guy. Former cowboy JJ Wilcox was on those teams too. We won the SOCON conference twice and all have the same championship rings.

For three years in a row we made it to FCS semi final and lost to North Dakota state. They were dream snatchers.
Fair enough, but you describing your fandom based upon "I once took a shower with Jerrick McKinnon" paints a far different picture than simply sharing your affinity for him based upon a shared experience as staff/player members at Georgia Southern.

Highlighting the shared shower thing was just weird, dude, but maybe that's me.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...
You need a sense of humor APB! I was just saying I really know him, and I like him because he was great to me…in a funny way!
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
07 Jun 2023 10:06

I noticed that as well, but I suppressed it intentionally to validate my Rank the Roster stance :mrgreen: :lol:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:

Thanks BF!
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I showered once with 52 dudes and then did it every day for 8 weeks straight. Good times.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
07 Jun 2023 10:30
I showered once with 52 dudes and then did it every day for 8 weeks straight. Good times.
So long as we're sharing...same. Did it again 12 yrs later in WOCS.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

just freaking WOW, what I want to hear is someone who didn't grow up ever in multiple showers with other men, people that didn't do swimming, athletics in school activity's, or later possibly at the Y, obviously there will be a few like me that always tried to sneak in and shower with the girls, but I'd spect that number to be small :rotf:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

YoHoChecko wrote:
07 Jun 2023 10:16
BF004 wrote:
07 Jun 2023 10:06

I noticed that as well, but I suppressed it intentionally to validate my Rank the Roster stance :mrgreen: :lol:
Herman's video says the OL did drills in 3 units...

OL1 was , as tweeted
OL2 was Caleb Jones - Sean Rhyan - ZACH TOM - Royce Newman - Luke Tenuta
OL3 was Rasheed Walker - Jean Delance - DJ Scaife - Chuck Filiaga - Kadeem Telfort

Despite all the talk, this is my first time actually seeing reports of Tom at C in practice this year. It's gotten a lot of talk mainly because many thought he might best fit there from the time of his draft, as Gutey reminded us earlier this offseason, rather than because it's happened a lot. Of course MLF has also said they're going to experiment a lot with players at C and see who can do it and who are there, so it's not surprising. Just notable.

I'm very surprised/confused by Caleb Jones consistently being on the left this year. Herman said he (and Walker) even rotated in with the 1s when Bakh was being managed on snap counts.

In a year where RT seems like a fairly open competition, with a player like Nijman who seems to be better on the left side than the right side, you'd think the younger developing players like Jones and Walker would be getting more reps there. But instead, it's been Yosh, Tom, and Tenuta on the right, with Bakh, Jones, Walker (and also Yosh) on the left a lot.

Rhyan, similarly, working at C and on the left feels like not a great sign for his play time this year, as he's clearly not going to surpass Jenkins at LG and he's not being given much opportunity to challenge JRJ on the right side, which may be the more available position both in the short and medium-term.

Yes, I'm reading too much into this, but seeing how the OL slots in is one of the more interesting offseason storylines I want to follow.

Notably absent: Hansen. He was not listed as absent or injured that I've seen. But he must have had a reason not to be in the three line-ups.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I think Myers might be the worst of the 4, but least likely to face real competition.

Pretty much means Tom has to learn C and compete there, as well as RG and RT. Or Elgton moves to C, which is obviously disruptive in its own right.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Rhyan played LT extensively in college. I wonder why they are not sticking him at RT at all.

I think he's screwed. Round 3 curse, no real path to starting, no discernible value off the bench. He's gotta turn things around quickly.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
07 Jun 2023 11:28
I think Myers might be the worst of the 4, but least likely to face real competition.

Pretty much means Tom has to learn C and compete there, as well as RG and RT. Or Elgton moves to C, which is obviously disruptive in its own right.
It has been very clear from MLF and Jenkins' comments that the plan is to keep Jenkins at LG. He said he's very excited to stay at one place this year. Obviously, the best laid plans can end in an idiom you don't remember. But that's the plan.

Also, Tom played C in college for a year, so he doesn't have to "learn" to play C.

But it does seem right that Meyers doesn't have real competition for a starting role this year. He has a lot of guys experimenting with the role of being his primary backup or future starter.