Rank the Roster 2023: #15

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Who are the next two best players on the Packers?

Poll ended at 06 Jun 2023 08:59

Eric Stokes
7%
Darnell Savage
7%
Josh Myers
7%
John Runyan
2%
Devonte Wyatt
24%
Romeo Doubs
27%
Lukas Van Ness
No votes
Luke Musgrave
2%
Jayden Reed
No votes
Tucker Kraft
No votes
Jonathan Owens
No votes
Yosh Nijman
No votes
Zach Tom
22%
TJ Slaton
No votes
Kingsley Enagbare
No votes
Samori Toure
No votes
Josiah Deguara
No votes

Total votes: 41

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

What happens at college should stay at college. Wyatt is a new man now. Let it go.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

williewasgreat wrote:
07 Jun 2023 15:39
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
07 Jun 2023 12:40
TheSkeptic wrote:
07 Jun 2023 08:15
You guys seem to be still wet behind the ears. I guess it comes with the territory - a sheltered middle class life in northern Wisconsin.
Skeptic, that kind of generalization is not cool. I won't go into things that happened to people I care about, but suffice to say, living "a sheltered middle class life in northern Wisconsin" didn't protect them.
Correct! It's called stereotyping and is making assumptions that are not based on any facts. Also, I happen to live in southern Wisconsin. :)
There are NEVER facts when evaluating people. Only opinions based upon experience with people who had similar personalities and life experiences. Experience has taught me, sometimes the hard way, that not everyone with problems will get better no matter how much you try to help them. In fact, significant improvement is rare. Maybe Wyatt can be kept out of trouble for a few years, maybe even until after he retires from football, but he is still the man who physically bullied a woman several times or perhaps several women several times and delivered a sneaky cheap shot on that Lions trainer. Can he change, of course. Will he?

There is nothing wrong with a sheltered middle class life in Wisconsin. You are incredibly fortunate and no one should regard being called fortunate as an insult. ))

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

TheSkeptic wrote:
07 Jun 2023 17:14
williewasgreat wrote:
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
07 Jun 2023 12:40

Skeptic, that kind of generalization is not cool. I won't go into things that happened to people I care about, but suffice to say, living "a sheltered middle class life in northern Wisconsin" didn't protect them.
Correct! It's called stereotyping and is making assumptions that are not based on any facts. Also, I happen to live in southern Wisconsin. :)
There are NEVER facts when evaluating people. Only opinions based upon experience with people who had similar personalities and life experiences.
:dunno:

So you have never gotten to know anyone? Just judgy judge instead?

Nice.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

go pak go wrote:
07 Jun 2023 20:53
TheSkeptic wrote:
williewasgreat wrote:

There are NEVER facts when evaluating people. Only opinions based upon experience with people who had similar personalities and life experiences.

Nice.
Everyone will surprise you. Judge is another word for think. If we are not judging people we are reacting emotionally rather than thinking and that is NOT a good thing.

And that is what we are supposed to be doing here, thinking about who are likely to be the best players on the roster this coming season. I think that Wyatt could be a star on the team, but I also think he could be a complete character bust.

Just a fyi, we saw such a bust last year: Asked if the decision to cut Kylin Hill was less about what kind of football player he is than about other things away from the field, LaFleur answered, “Yeah, I would say so.” We still don't know what he did. But he was not cut because he couldn't be a good or even great RB. And he is not an unsigned FA now because of lack of ability.

Another fyi. The Packers started their 11 on 11 in camp open to the press this week. With 2 down linemen. Clark and TJ Slayton

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

TheSkeptic wrote:
08 Jun 2023 00:53
go pak go wrote:
TheSkeptic wrote:

Nice.
Everyone will surprise you. Judge is another word for think. If we are not judging people we are reacting emotionally rather than thinking and that is NOT a good thing.

And that is what we are supposed to be doing here, thinking about who are likely to be the best players on the roster this coming season. I think that Wyatt could be a star on the team, but I also think he could be a complete character bust.

Just a fyi, we saw such a bust last year: Asked if the decision to cut Kylin Hill was less about what kind of football player he is than about other things away from the field, LaFleur answered, “Yeah, I would say so.” We still don't know what he did. But he was not cut because he couldn't be a good or even great RB. And he is not an unsigned FA now because of lack of ability.

Another fyi. The Packers started their 11 on 11 in camp open to the press this week. With 2 down linemen. Clark and TJ Slayton
your really digging deep on Wyatt, in reality he had a minor scrap with the law after a domestic violation, no punches thrown, minor property damages, no charges pressed, and there have been no issues since then, this probably happens to a bunch of young kids a year in every college.

I'am a 2nd chance guy, specially with school age kids, peer group pressure can lead a kid astray, often in fact most often with some guidance youngsters that make mistakes turn there life around and become model citizens, I think you know this, so it baffles me that your digging in so hard with Wyatt.

the wonderlic scores troubled me more then this altercation, but again ya don't need a med degree to play DT, rather a non stop motor and a few tech skills get the job done, I expect Wyatt will live up to the hype, and get 3 times the snap count as Slayton

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

TheSkeptic wrote:
08 Jun 2023 00:53
go pak go wrote:
TheSkeptic wrote:

Nice.

There is a difference between evaluate and making stereotypical and rash judgements with no information.

Comparing Kylin Hill to this is silly. The Packers cut Kylin Hill after they were around Hill for a year, evaluated and made a decision to move because he was not a fit in Green Bay. The same Packers also drafted Wyatt after doing their due diligence and accepting the risk when the Packers are known to be more conservative in character evaluation.

You state "if you are not judging, you are reacting emotionally rather than thinking". I would completely argue the opposite. Stereotype and assessment with limited information (like you are doing with Wyatt) is lazy due to relying on emotional and anecdotal past feelings to form this current assessment and often has errored results.

Not sayin Wyatt will end up not being a bust either personally or professionally, but we don't have nearly enough information to make statements such as 'this guy will probably murder someone in his lifetime" from a keyboard.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Kylin Hills behavior was no different from that of recent David Bahktiari. The different result comes down to one being 3rd string and one being a starter. Also the money it takes to move on.

Hill did nothing wrong but desire to tote the rock.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
08 Jun 2023 07:17
Kylin Hills behavior was no different from that of recent David Bahktiari. The different result comes down to one being 3rd string and one being a starter. Also the money it takes to move on.

I wouldn't call insubordination nothing wrong.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
08 Jun 2023 07:19
Drj820 wrote:
08 Jun 2023 07:17

I wouldn't call insubordination nothing wrong.
that back talker :rotf:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

What's weird about Hill is that nobody has touched him with a ten foot pole after we released him. It's not like he keeps getting signed to practice squads and released, he hasn't found A TEAM to join since we cut him. Usually at least one other team is willing to give a second chance to talented guys who mess up somewhere, many have much lower standards than Green Bay, and Hill was a guy making a lot of noise for what he was doing on the field.

Not a single team has bothered. His wikipedia page has nothing after his release here. Wondering if his Wiki simply isn't correct/up-to-date, I did a Google news search of his name (exact matches only)... nothing, not so much as a workout.

I can only imagine how serious the issue with him truly was.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Word around the streets is that hill was allegedly in a gang, which is why we needed to keep him. We need some more dogs in the locker room.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
08 Jun 2023 09:11
Word around the streets is that hill was allegedly in a gang, which is why we needed to keep him. We need some more dogs in the locker room.
Hill was a locker room cancer, he expected to share snaps with Dillon and Jones and would not accept being a 3rd tier backup, and verbally complained about it, ya don't need a dog like that :dunno:

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Drj820 wrote:
08 Jun 2023 09:11
No whiter words have ever been spoken...

:rotf:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Aww hell nahhh.

It's one thing for a lost youth in a bad area to join a gang, that's a mistake, but if (emphasis on 'if' because this is all hearsay) you're in the NFL and continuing to live like that rather than use it as a ticket out.... then the guy is a thug (literal rather than figurative, so not the good kind), I would then agree with Skeptic that the player is destined to do something stupid and end his career.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
08 Jun 2023 11:55
Aww hell nahhh.

It's one thing for a lost youth in a bad area to join a gang, that's a mistake, but if (emphasis on 'if' because this is all hearsay) you're in the NFL and continuing to live like that rather than use it as a ticket out.... then the guy is a thug (literal rather than figurative, so not the good kind), I would then agree with Skeptic that the player is destined to do something stupid and end his career.
IS GB a bad area, I grew up in the 50's and 60's in GB and we had the east and west side gangs, and even gangs inside the gangs, we just didn't use guns back then to settle scores, and outside of packer players there where no African Americans in GB back then.

and fast forward to today and there are gangs from every nationality.

Hill was a malcontent first and for most, and ya don't have to belong to a gang to be a malcontent, hell I'am not exactly a contented person, course you'd never know that because I'am such a lovable guy :lol:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

https://www.thesportster.com/entertainm ... n-marshall

Lots have great players have been gangsters. Just gotta be a good player and it’s fine. Certainly doesn’t help the resume of 3rd stringers.