Rank the Roster 2023: #16

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Who are the next two best players on the Packers?

Poll ended at 09 Jun 2023 07:34

Eric Stokes
9%
Darnell Savage
3%
Josh Myers
9%
John Runyan
3%
Devonte Wyatt
39%
Lukas Van Ness
6%
Luke Musgrave
6%
Jayden Reed
No votes
Tucker Kraft
No votes
Jonathan Owens
No votes
Yosh Nijman
No votes
Zach Tom
24%
TJ Slaton
No votes
Kingsley Enagbare
No votes
Samori Toure
No votes
Josiah Deguara
No votes

Total votes: 33

Waldo
Reactions:

Rank the Roster 2023: #16

Post by Waldo »

Rank The Roster: 2023 Edition

1. Jaire Alexander (43%)[+2]
2. Aaron Jones (26%)[+6]
3. David Bakhtiari (34%)[+1]
4. Kenny Clark (50%)[-2]
5. Rashan Gary (57%)[+1]
6. Elgton Jenkins (54%)[-1]
7. DeVondre Campbell (29%)[--]
8. Christian Watson (32%)[+14]
9. Jordan Love (32%)[+21]
10. Preston Smith (32%)[+2]
11. Rasul Douglas (29%)[+2]
12. AJ Dillon (27%)[-1]
13. Keisean Nixon (36%)[+19]
14. Quay Walker (36%)[+5]
15. Romeo Doubs (27%)[+20]
16. Current (xx%)[--]

Percent of vote the winner got will be in parenthesis, position change vs. 2022 will be in brackets.

Here's how this works:

Each day there is a new thread/poll, starting at #1, on down to whereever we get. The whole point of this exercise is to have something to talk about in the lean news months to carry us to camp. Each poll will be open for voting for 24 hours. New threads will only be created on weekdays. Ties will cause a runoff poll. You may vote up to TWO players (a change that was made mid-poll last year, seemed to work well).

Simply voting is not enough!

Post why you voted for who you did and provide a player to add to the next poll (every poll will be a list of 15-20 guys, new players added in bunches every few days).

Here's the thing. There is no criteria. This is an exercise to foster discussion therefore there are no clear criteria for ranking. Who is better right now? Who will have the best season? Who was better last year? Sort of a combo of them all? Do you take positional value into account? It really doesn't matter.

Previous Years:
Rank the Roster: 2022
Rank the Roster: 2021
Rank the Roster: 2020
Rank the Roster: 2014-2019

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

Wyatt and Runyan

I think Runyan should be the next OL off the board, not Tom (or Myers). Runyan's starting spot is safer even if it is less valuable. He's still an ascending player too.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I'm going with Wyatt and Van Ness. This is a little earlier than our 1st-round pick typically comes off the board, but Van Ness has a lot of things going for him. He plays a premium position, has a clear path to immediate starting role, has versatility to play multiple roles when Gary is back, and, by all accounts, his had a great spring. Excited to see what happens when the pads come on.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I think I am reluctantly considering Savage after Wyatt and Van Ness. We are in the range, now, of adequate starter and I think Savage is still that, especially if the scheme plays to his strengths. The fact that he has a big salary and was a 1st-round pick... all sunk costs, so just looking at Savage, the player, he still think he is going to help us this year.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Wyatt Stokes Van Ness

Time for those firsties to do something.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Wyatt and Zach Tom
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

My first vote goes out to Zach Tom. I know he's with the 2s right now. For one thing, I rank this in order of which players I think are straight-up better than the others. I don't care if MLF says Lane Taylor is ahead of Elgton Jenkins on the depth-chart and Jenkins isn't expected to play at all.

If I have #2 higher than #1, I rank #2 higher. Simple as. And I am firmly of the belief that Tom is our third best OL, starting or not. For two, if MLF & Co. are serious about playing their best five, I really doubt Yosh and JRJ can hold him off for long, even Myers is at risk.

Second vote, Wyatt. He showed steady improvement over the year and it seemed to all "click" for him in that Lions game, now he's in line to be DT2 or a heavily-used DT3. If our DC doesn't stupidly go back to two-gap D, he's a second-year jump candidate for sure.

LVN and Deguara on deck.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Wyatt and Meyers, I think Meyers will play back to rookie form and Wyatt was just starting to show his value late last season,

Savage, Runyan, Stokes, and Reed playing cribbage doubles on the benches

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Surprising Tom has 3 votes.

Given he wasn’t one of the initial first team starters, and non of those 3 have gone yet.

Crazy situation on the OL this year and how it pertains to voting these guys.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

I went Wyatt with one vote.

For the second, the reason I went Tom over Runyan is I feel they are actually pretty close in skill right now, but Tom can play more positions (LT!) and has a higher ceiling.

I think it is getting close to Savage time, too.

I also would not be surprised at all if Meyers got back to form as @Yoop said.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I like Toms as a LT, C or maybe RG, I think he's a bit lean at RT, and Nijman has more time in the position which means he's probably ahead of Toms with the footwork.

Long term or once Bakh retires or is traded I like Toms to replace him, less length is negated if the player has the foot speed to compensate and Toms looks to have very good footwork.

I think most fans underscore just how much is different from playing mostly left side in college and then being switched to right side at this level, every thing you are used to doing is 180 different from one side to the other.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

I went with Tom and Musgrave.

IMO Tom starts at RT. He is so much better than Yosh. It has been a long time since we had a healthy Bulaga, a dominate RT.

Somebody has to start at TE and Deguara is not a TE. I think it is Musgrave. No he won't be ready to start the season but IMO the Packers will tolerate the rookie problems and he will be a very important part of the team.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Tom to me is a clear best 4 on offensive line. It was clear last year he was a top 5. I’ll take him over the unproven Wyatt. I think Wyatt will be good but I need proof before projecting him over guys i know are good.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

lupedafiasco wrote:
08 Jun 2023 18:36
Tom to me is a clear best 4 on offensive line. It was clear last year he was a top 5. I’ll take him over the unproven Wyatt. I think Wyatt will be good but I need proof before projecting him over guys i know are good.
I agree. Tom is going to start. Wyatt might start but he also might rotate behind TJ and Colby Wooden. We should not be ignoring Wooden whose only knock is that he was only 273 pounds. At 6' 4 and with very similar athletic numbers to Wyatt, no one should be ignoring Wooden