Rank the Roster 2023: #17

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Who are the next two best players on the Packers?

Poll ended at 13 Jun 2023 07:45

Eric Stokes
10%
Darnell Savage
21%
Josh Myers
7%
John Runyan
No votes
Lukas Van Ness
21%
Luke Musgrave
7%
Jayden Reed
3%
Tucker Kraft
No votes
Jonathan Owens
No votes
Yosh Nijman
No votes
Zach Tom
31%
TJ Slaton
No votes
Kingsley Enagbare
No votes
Samori Toure
No votes
Josiah Deguara
No votes

Total votes: 29

Waldo
Reactions:

Rank the Roster 2023: #17

Post by Waldo »

Rank The Roster: 2023 Edition

1. Jaire Alexander (43%)[+2]
2. Aaron Jones (26%)[+6]
3. David Bakhtiari (34%)[+1]
4. Kenny Clark (50%)[-2]
5. Rashan Gary (57%)[+1]
6. Elgton Jenkins (54%)[-1]
7. DeVondre Campbell (29%)[--]
8. Christian Watson (32%)[+14]
9. Jordan Love (32%)[+21]
10. Preston Smith (32%)[+2]
11. Rasul Douglas (29%)[+2]
12. AJ Dillon (27%)[-1]
13. Keisean Nixon (36%)[+19]
14. Quay Walker (36%)[+5]
15. Romeo Doubs (27%)[+20]
16. Devonte Wyatt (39%)[+3]
17. Current (xx%)[--]

Percent of vote the winner got will be in parenthesis, position change vs. 2022 will be in brackets.

Here's how this works:

Each day there is a new thread/poll, starting at #1, on down to whereever we get. The whole point of this exercise is to have something to talk about in the lean news months to carry us to camp. Each poll will be open for voting for 24 hours. New threads will only be created on weekdays. Ties will cause a runoff poll. You may vote up to TWO players (a change that was made mid-poll last year, seemed to work well).

Simply voting is not enough!

Post why you voted for who you did and provide a player to add to the next poll (every poll will be a list of 15-20 guys, new players added in bunches every few days).

Here's the thing. There is no criteria. This is an exercise to foster discussion therefore there are no clear criteria for ranking. Who is better right now? Who will have the best season? Who was better last year? Sort of a combo of them all? Do you take positional value into account? It really doesn't matter.

Previous Years:
Rank the Roster: 2022
Rank the Roster: 2021
Rank the Roster: 2020
Rank the Roster: 2014-2019

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Stokes and Van Ness for me.

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

I'm going to hold a bit on voting. Probably should do an OL here, is Tom really the best remaining?

Next poll I'll add a new batch of players. Throw out any names if there is anyone you want to see or someone making waves at camp I'm missing.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Tom for reasons elaborated on previously.

Voting only for him on this one. LVN and Deguara are my next choices, but this feels like a tier-line cutoff.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

Tom and Van Ness for me. Not positive who is next after that for me

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Zach Tom and then TE1 - Luke Musgrave up next. I think the next tier after Tom is our first two draft picks this year.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Erik Stokes is looking to be the biggest faller in 2023 unless Darnell Savage goes later than 4 spots beyond Stokes.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Tbh, I don't get voting for Stokes this high (other than 1st-Round draft status hype). Let's even assume he will make a full recovery from those bad injuries. He had an encouraging rookie year, but a pretty lousy sophomore year.

Now he looks to be CB4 because he's not better than Jaire or Sul on the boundary, and not better than Nixon at nickel. Shoot, I would play Savage in the dime before Stokes. He might not even suit up for the first several weeks of the season due to injury rehab.

I am counting Stokes out until he shows me he will turn things around, and would lock up Nixon long-term as soon as possible. There's still a place for Stokes, we can move on from Douglas when his contract is up and have Stokes replace him, but only if he gets back on track.

As it stands, last we saw of him was a very lousy Year 2. Not an exaggeration to say he did -nothing- to inspire confidence last season.
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Savage and Stokes for me, both where hampered last year because of there DC.

Unless Meyer, Runyan, or Nijman fail Toms is a swing OL man

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
12 Jun 2023 10:44
I just rank them by who I think are straight-up the better players than the others on the list, Madden Rating style.

I don't care if they sit Tom to be a swing-backup, he is a better player than all three of those guys.
—Magneto

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Van Ness and Savage for me.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
12 Jun 2023 11:50
Yoop wrote:
I just rank them by who I think are straight-up the better players than the others on the list, Madden Rating style.

I don't care if they sit Tom to be a swing-backup, he is a better player than all three of those guys.
how do you know this? you don't, all you have to go on is he looks great in a very small sampling, and a bunch of bloggers said so, I have my doubts that he beats out anyone of those 3.

I rank the same way you do, thats why I voted for Savage and Stokes

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
12 Jun 2023 14:03
Labrev wrote:
12 Jun 2023 11:50
Yoop wrote:

how do you know this? you don't, all you have to go on is he looks great in a very small sampling, and a bunch of bloggers said so, I have my doubts that he beats out anyone of those 3.

I rank the same way you do, thats why I voted for Savage and Stokes
There's nothing to "know." It's an opinion.
—Magneto

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Pckfn23 wrote:
12 Jun 2023 16:31
I am a Myers doubter but there's no player I want to be wrong about in my skepticism of them more than him. 'Love his athletic tools, love the flashes he puts on tape, and it's exciting to imagine how good our OL will be if the lightbulb goes off for him.

I also want to avoid Zach Tom moving to C. I love him as a LT after Bakhtiari, but if Myers doesn't work out, I could see us moving and leaving him there. I don't value C highly enough to like the idea of putting an OL of Tom's talent there for good.
—Magneto