Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

brought this several times, it remains pertinent to this conversation, most of our OL where left side guys in college

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Yoop wrote:
07 Jun 2023 11:55
brought this several times, it remains pertinent to this conversation, most of our OL where left side guys in college

I think it varies greatly person to person. I think some have more trouble switching sides; others have more trouble switching positions. Some guys can play LG and LT better than any position on the right (Jenkins seems like this, based on his OT performances). Others seem able to play LG or RG but not as good at OT (JRJ seems like this type of player to me). There are also a good number of swing tackles in the league who seem to have L/R versatility more so than T/G versatility.

You have to figure out who can do what and put boundaries on versatility early in careers. I think Jenkins moving around so much so early actually stunted his development last year, and he needs this consistency to take the next step and master his craft. I look forward to him getting it this year. But I also fear we're going to stretch Tom too thin too early in his development.

But the challenge of switching from left to right and vice versa also brings me back to Caleb Jones whose long term spot in the NFL almost certainly seems like it is on the right or on the left for a left-handed QB, I don't understand why they aren't working his reps exclusively to the side they need to become more natural and muscle memory for him.

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
07 Jun 2023 08:30
There's likely more than one weirdo here. :rotf:
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Packers last 6+ INT player was Casey Hayward in 2012. Crazy.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
07 Jun 2023 12:02
Yoop wrote:
07 Jun 2023 11:55

I think it varies greatly person to person. I think some have more trouble switching sides; others have more trouble switching positions. Some guys can play LG and LT better than any position on the right (Jenkins seems like this, based on his OT performances). Others seem able to play LG or RG but not as good at OT (JRJ seems like this type of player to me). There are also a good number of swing tackles in the league who seem to have L/R versatility more so than T/G versatility.

You have to figure out who can do what and put boundaries on versatility early in careers. I think Jenkins moving around so much so early actually stunted his development last year, and he needs this consistency to take the next step and master his craft. I look forward to him getting it this year. But I also fear we're going to stretch Tom too thin too early in his development.

But the challenge of switching from left to right and vice versa also brings me back to Caleb Jones whose long term spot in the NFL almost certainly seems like it is on the right or on the left for a left-handed QB, I don't understand why they aren't working his reps exclusively to the side they need to become more natural and muscle memory for him.
I think once a player is ingrained to one side, he has to unlearn stuff to switch sides, only about one percent of people are ambidextrous, so there is a mental learning curve when switching, and some never seem to be able to adapt to the change.

I think Jenkins issues last season stemmed from his ACL recovery, but I'am just splitting hairs, his issues imo at RT where mental, just as they where when Nijman first switched, imo Nijman made progress as the season progressed, but imo he might have reached his ceiling and will always struggle with speed rushers.

just spiffing now, imo either of Jenkins or Toms is our future LT.

we draft mostly left side College players so naturally some have to play right side, so that means we have to move rookie OL hoping to find some that can make that switch and do it well enough to be starters

agree some players are inside/outside only, you'd think a T should be able to move in, I can see where a interior guy might struggle with a kick step or lateral agility, but the outside guy shouldn't have those problems, but they do, possibly there just used to playing with a higher pad level, and lack anchor ability.

also agree once there set in a position, then leave them there, but that may take about 3 years, I doubt there is any rocket science formula to any of this :aok:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Adrian AMos to Jets on one year deal.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Bears are 0-8 against us since he started in the NFL (not all with the Bears).
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Sounds like minicamp was lit. I love my ability to get hyped up over nothing this time of year. This team is gonna be so fun to watch surprise people this year.

On another note, super disappointed in Packers twitter and Packers fans for bothering to blow up that Bears DT quote on the first day of minicamp. If he's a nobody, treat his words as nothing.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

YoHoChecko wrote:
13 Jun 2023 15:57
Sounds like minicamp was lit. I love my ability to get hyped up over nothing this time of year. This team is gonna be so fun to watch surprise people this year.

On another note, super disappointed in Packers twitter and Packers fans for bothering to blow up that Bears DT quote on the first day of minicamp. If he's a nobody, treat his words as nothing.
As much as I'd love to light him up when the Bears come to town, I'm not even sure if he'll be an active player on Gameday.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Kraft runs like a goober.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
13 Jun 2023 19:56
If you're going to have a goober-runner on the team, TE is one of the least bad places to have one, historically

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
13 Jun 2023 19:59
Drj820 wrote:
13 Jun 2023 19:56
If you're going to have a goober-runner on the team, TE is one of the least bad places to have one, historically
Not false. Just when you see him run next to musgrave, you really hope Kraft is a great blocker

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Kraft appears to be a clunkier deguara to me

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

So last time sounded like Nijman starting RT and Tom on bench.

Now Nijman on bench, Tom at RT. Then also Tom at center and Nijman at RT with the ones.

My only conclusion… JRJ most likely of the 4 to be starting week 1.