Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Apparently Jaire gave up $700K by not attending voluntary OTA’s.

And he was totally okay with it.

Strange he’d sign that contract just like ~12 months ago then that would have so much tied to attending that, if he wasn’t going to.

And for the Packers, 700k off the cap for this year I guess. :lol:

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

https://www.packers.com/news/jaire-alex ... this-point
Preparing for the upcoming season his way is worth more to him than some extra cash.

"I know what works for me at this point," Alexander said following Tuesday's first minicamp practice. "I'm on Year 6, two Pro Bowls, two All-Pros, I mean, I think I know what I got going on here."

Joking that he was "training on an island somewhere," keeping his location undisclosed, Alexander wasn't totally disconnected from the team. He said he was watching all the OTA practice video on his tablet, keeping up mentally with the defensive installations.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Not a whole lot else I saw on Twitter.

“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BF004 wrote:
14 Jun 2023 11:09

Strange he’d sign that contract just like ~12 months ago then that would have so much tied to attending that, if he wasn’t going to.

These players at the top of the pay scale only care about their guarantees.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:

Nagler said the money is still accounted for on the cap and doesn’t effect the cap at all
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Drj820 wrote:
14 Jun 2023 17:44
BF004 wrote:

Nagler said the money is still accounted for on the cap and doesn’t effect the cap at all
Correct. The cap is still accounted for this season. However I do believe it affects the rollover.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
14 Jun 2023 18:05
Drj820 wrote:
14 Jun 2023 17:44
BF004 wrote:

Correct. The cap is still accounted for this season. However I do believe it affects the rollover.
I believe this is correct. Adustments are made at the end of the league year. We will get the cap back because it was dollars that didn't go out. It's just that it comes back in March 2024.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Even better, don’t even want the extra space this year if we can get it in 2024 instead.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Labrev wrote:
14 Jun 2023 14:48

IMO Wooden is someone to watch

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

TheSkeptic wrote:
15 Jun 2023 04:33

IMO Wooden is someone to watch

I know I mentioned this, but I watched all the rookie OTA pressers and with the WRs and the DL guys and with Anthony Johnson, Jr they were all asked all these questions like "normally rookies start behind someone, but your position is wide open; there's a lot of opportunity there" and every other player was something to the effect of "yeah, but there are some good players there and I have to work hard and learn from them and do whatever the coaches want me to and play any role as if I was the starter."

And Wooden was like "Yeah. And I need to be on the field. I hate sitting. I was a backup once and I hated it so much. I decided never again." (he made the all freshman SEC team as a freshman at Auburn, but after a redshirt year)

That personality and confidence--as a 5th round rookie--to say "it's gonna be me"

I dunno, it just really hit me, especially as a DL. That's what you want.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Is Wes Hodkiewicz on drugs?

https://www.packers.com/news/inbox-the- ... f-his-foot
Kerry from Lakewood Ranch, FL

Mike mentioned in "Unscripted" that you have not seen Anders Carlson kick yet. What has he been doing during minicamp? By the way, he has a big leg and will remind you of his brother Daniel.

Well, that's no longer the case. We saw Carlson kick twice this week and both sessions were spectacular. My first impression is the ball torpedoes off his foot. He has a big leg and strikes it so effortlessly. Like any rookie, Carlson will have some good days and some bad during training camp, but he knows what it takes to overcome adversity. Anders watched his brother do it in Oakland and rallied as a senior after suffering the ACL injury at Auburn.
That doesn't make any sense! In fact, it sounds bad. I'm surprised the editor let that slide. :lol:

EDIT: Well I hope he isn't on drugs and this is true:
Conversely, Sean Clifford had arguably the most impressive spring of any rookie QB I've covered during my 11 years on the beat. Clifford strung together a few nice practices, highlighted by his two-minute TD drive last week.
- Vince Lombardi

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
15 Jun 2023 12:17
Is Wes Hodkiewicz on drugs?

https://www.packers.com/news/inbox-the- ... f-his-foot
Kerry from Lakewood Ranch, FL

Mike mentioned in "Unscripted" that you have not seen Anders Carlson kick yet. What has he been doing during minicamp? By the way, he has a big leg and will remind you of his brother Daniel.

Well, that's no longer the case. We saw Carlson kick twice this week and both sessions were spectacular. My first impression is the ball torpedoes off his foot. He has a big leg and strikes it so effortlessly. Like any rookie, Carlson will have some good days and some bad during training camp, but he knows what it takes to overcome adversity. Anders watched his brother do it in Oakland and rallied as a senior after suffering the ACL injury at Auburn.
That doesn't make any sense! In fact, it sounds bad. I'm surprised the editor let that slide. :lol:

EDIT: Well I hope he isn't on drugs and this is true:
Conversely, Sean Clifford had arguably the most impressive spring of any rookie QB I've covered during my 11 years on the beat. Clifford strung together a few nice practices, highlighted by his two-minute TD drive last week.
He just mixed up his long cylindrical object... :hide:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Don't F with Cliff Christl! Nice article on him pointing out the NFL's mistakes. How they (or anyone) wouldn't reach out to him or the Packers in general for the skinny on real Packer history is beyond me.
https://www.packers.com/news/as-storyte ... p-its-game
RIP JustJeff

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

paco wrote:
15 Jun 2023 12:27
Don't F with Cliff Christl! Nice article on him pointing out the NFL's mistakes. How they (or anyone) wouldn't reach out to him or the Packers in general for the skinny on real Packer history is beyond me.
https://www.packers.com/news/as-storyte ... p-its-game
Cliff is just fantastic at his job. I really need to get his book someday.
- Vince Lombardi

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

With Heath impressing in the offseason program, early Wicks praise, though some missed time, and DuBose missing the whole thing with an injury, it's pretty remarkable to see how similar, athletically, our three late-round/UDFA adds this year at WRs are.

(Jeff Cotton is similarly sized but there's no workout numbers on him and he's been bouncing around the league on PS for 3 years.
image.png
image.png (17.65 KiB) Viewed 579 times

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

$%@# those OTA clips in shorts. I wanna see some videos from this!

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

CheeseheadTV's five under-the-radar players who made a positive impression:

https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/five-unde ... nicamp-503

I still think Goodson will have trouble beating out Patrick Taylor. Taylor is very assignment-sure and blocks well. Obviously Goodson is more dynamic, but the Packers are typically pretty conservative with #3 backs.
- Vince Lombardi

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
19 Jun 2023 12:25
CheeseheadTV's five under-the-radar players who made a positive impression:

https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/five-unde ... nicamp-503

I still think Goodson will have trouble beating out Patrick Taylor. Taylor is very assignment-sure and blocks well. Obviously Goodson is more dynamic, but the Packers are typically pretty conservative with #3 backs.
Goodson is the replacement if Jones gets hurt. Taylor if Quadzilla gets hurt. Not sure they will even carry 3 RB's if both are healthy as Deguara could fill in if necessary

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »