Rodgers Traded

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
15 Jun 2023 10:25
Yoop wrote:
15 Jun 2023 10:16
so ya I read your post as I always do. :thwap:
And as usual, you totally failed to understand it.

The rest of your post is just self-contradicting nonsense and :bigcry:
whatever, your the person who just wont stop degrading Rodgers ( hero ball) this GM made it harder for Rodgers to succeed ever since he took control, and it probably did cost us a SB appearance or even two and you blame the QB.

thats why I objected to your comment, you defend the team builder who attempted to help Rodgers was minimal at best and just lay the blame at Rodgers feet, mostly I think because the guy is personally repulsive to you :idn: now you want evidence of that when for the last 100 post by you that it's obviously a big part of your hate, come on. :)

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Actually, I *do* have some personal emotional hatred/vendetta that informs my hate for Rodgers, but it's not against Rodgers himself; it's against his fans on the internet.

And I re-direct my hate of them towards hating their god even harder. This is not a joke post; I am 100% serious. They are like the Taliban with how they force you to worship their god, tear down beloved cultural heroes to prop up said god, and will savagely attack you not only for the tiniest scintilla of criticism for him, they will even attack you if you do praise him but the praise is not zealous enough. :messedup:

Rather than simply make cool-headed disagreements like normal human beings if I have anything less-than-positive to say about Rodgers, they insist to turn it into some HOLY WAR with replies chok-full of flippant rude remarks. They are not normal human beings. I am at wit's end with these militant psychos, and I will take it out on Rodgers to spite them.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
15 Jun 2023 10:43
Actually, I *do* have some personal emotional hatred/vendetta that informs my hate for Rodgers, but it's not against Rodgers himself; it's against his fans on the internet.

And I re-direct my hate of them towards hating their god even harder. This is not a joke post; I am 100% serious. They are like the Taliban with how they force you to worship their god, tear down beloved cultural heroes to prop up said god, and will savagely attack you not only for the tiniest scintilla of criticism for him, they will even attack you if you do praise him but the praise is not zealous enough. :messedup:

Rather than simply make cool-headed disagreements like normal human beings if I have anything less-than-positive to say about Rodgers, they insist to turn it into some HOLY WAR with replies chok-full of flippant rude remarks. They are not normal human beings. I am at wit's end with these militant psychos, and I will take it out on Rodgers to spite them.
I feel about the same concerning people who over look everything to just blame the QB, as has been the case with just about every lose for years here.

flippant rude remarks, are you kidding me, Labreve you've been the master insulter and you know it.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Yoop wrote:
15 Jun 2023 14:15
Labrev wrote:

I feel about the same concerning people who over look everything to just blame the QB, as has been the case with just about every lose for years here.

flippant rude remarks, are you kidding me, Labreve you've been the master insulter and you know it.
Maybe this can stop the whole argument here. People aren't solely blaming Rodgers. No one has solely blamed Rodgers. Everyone has acknowledged and agreed that Rodgers could have had better weapons from 2017 on.

[mention]Yoop[/mention], what's lost in all of this back and forth is that people actually agree with you more than you realize, but your heels are dug in the ground so much that you're not seeing it.

My opinion all along is that Rodgers has had stretches where I think he could have played better, especially in playoff losses, but also acknowledge that Rodgers isn't the only reason why the Packers lost. And I also believe that maybe having another weapon could have helped. I bet you don't actually know that this has been my opinion all along though because you've been so focused on arguing with me (and others).

So how about we just stop the whole argument and acknowledge that big picture, we probably all agree with each other.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Acrobat wrote:
15 Jun 2023 14:28
Yoop wrote:
Labrev wrote:

Maybe this can stop the whole argument here. People aren't solely blaming Rodgers. No one has solely blamed Rodgers. Everyone has acknowledged and agreed that Rodgers could have had better weapons from 2017 on.

@Yoop, what's lost in all of this back and forth is that people actually agree with you more than you realize, but your heels are dug in the ground so much that you're not seeing it.

My opinion all along is that Rodgers has had stretches where I think he could have played better, especially in playoff losses, but also acknowledge that Rodgers isn't the only reason why the Packers lost. And I also believe that maybe having another weapon could have helped. I bet you don't actually know that this has been my opinion all along though because you've been so focused on arguing with me (and others).

So how about we just stop the whole argument and acknowledge that big picture, we probably all agree with each other.
your right I didn't know that was your opinion, thanks for clearing that up

Acrobat I would be fine with any basic complaint that Rodgers didn't play his best in any game, in fact I've agreed with those comments, but they've been very few in coming, typically with a loss folks have went right for Rodgers jugular, and over look the actual reasons why we lost.
t

the push back to me claiming we need better receiver talent goes back to when you where not active here Acrobat, it started in 2016 maybe earlier

I'am fine with dropping it, heck Rodgers isn't even Packer any more.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Yoop wrote:
15 Jun 2023 15:11
Acrobat wrote:
15 Jun 2023 14:28
Yoop wrote:

@Yoop, what's lost in all of this back and forth is that people actually agree with you more than you realize, but your heels are dug in the ground so much that you're not seeing it.

your right I didn't know that was your opinion, thanks for clearing that up

Acrobat I would be fine with any basic complaint that Rodgers didn't play his best in any game, in fact I've agreed with those comments, but they've been very few in coming, typically with a loss folks have went right for Rodgers jugular, and over look the actual reasons why we lost.
t

the push back to me claiming we need better receiver talent goes back to when you where not active here Acrobat, it started in 2016 maybe earlier

I'am fine with dropping it, heck Rodgers isn't even Packer any more.
I think that's a good plan. I've noticed that so much of the back and forth has strayed so far from the topic and that there's a lot of baiting going on, and in fairness, some of that baiting is towards you as well, so it's not just you all the time.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Sigh… The vicious cycle repeats once more.

:injury: :injury:
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Report: Rodgers and Agent Vetoed Trade Proposal to New England :o
https://wisportsheroics.com/nfl-news-aa ... sed-trade/
“The New England Patriots made an offer to the Green Bay Packers to get Aaron Rodgers,” [Craig] Carton said Wednesday. “And when Aaron Rodgers heard it, his agent said no, we ain’t playing for New England, we want to be a Jet.”
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

World makes sense to me now.

Just can’t imagine Belichick being content to spend his last 2-4 years as a HC with Billy Zappe or Mac Jones.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Labrev wrote:
16 Jun 2023 07:53
“The New England Patriots made an offer to the Green Bay Packers to get Aaron Rodgers,” [Craig] Carton said Wednesday. “And when Aaron Rodgers heard it, his agent said no, we ain’t playing for New England, we want to be a Jet.”
Translated... Bill will tell me what to do and I won't be in control. The Jets are dumb and will let me run the team.
RIP JustJeff

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

paco wrote:
16 Jun 2023 09:38
Labrev wrote:
Translated... Bill will tell me what to do and I won't be in control. The Jets are dumb and will let me run the team.
I obviously have no sympathy for Rodgers, but even Brady got tired of it, and he had a great thing going there.

Belichick is a GOAT coach but I don't think his leadership style works anymore, not just in the NFL but in general. Today you need to work collaboratively with your charges rather than just view them as underlings to boss around. Obviously there's a balance to strike but it seems to me that Belichick has not gotten with the times.
—Magneto

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Labrev wrote:
16 Jun 2023 09:48
paco wrote:
Labrev wrote:

I obviously have no sympathy for Rodgers, but even Brady got tired of it, and he had a great thing going there.

Belichick is a GOAT coach but I don't think his leadership style works anymore, not just in the NFL but in general. Today you need to work collaboratively with your charges rather than just view them as underlings to boss around. Obviously there's a balance to strike but it seems to me that Belichick has not gotten with the times.
Yeah I heard a lot of players that left there would complain about the military style coaching there and that they just weren't having fun. Definitely a balance. Players want to win but they also want to enjoy coming to work every day.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Labrev wrote:
paco wrote:
Labrev wrote:

You get tired of bill after you win 6 rings. Rodgers should beg for his leadership style. The STs and defense are still championship caliber for NE, the problem is they’ve been whiffing a lot on offense. Rodgers would fix a lot of that. He may just not want to walk into Brady’s shadow tho.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Mendeleev
Reactions:

Post by Mendeleev »

If I were to guess, Rodger's probably wouldn't have been happy with the supporting cast on offence in New England.
image.png
image.png (21.72 KiB) Viewed 1970 times

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Mendeleev wrote:
16 Jun 2023 11:13
If I were to guess, Rodger's probably wouldn't have been happy with the supporting cast on offence in New England.

image.png
Ty Montgomery is the reason, lol.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Mendeleev wrote:

image.png
Doesn't appear he was happy with the Jets roster (and staff) either. 8 former Packers including Hackett.
RIP JustJeff

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Labrev wrote:
Ummm, how long has it been since NE won the Super Bowl? And you would say that his style doesn’t work any more? Good grief. I suppose the shelf life on successful coaching styles is down to three years now?

Give Beli an above average QB with some offensive weapons and he’d still be competing with the top teams in the AFC.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

paco wrote:
16 Jun 2023 11:39
Mendeleev wrote:

image.png
Doesn't appear he was happy with the Jets roster (and staff) either. 8 former Packers including Hackett.
I wonder if there is even one other team in history that acquired EIGHT players/coaches from a single team in one year. Unreal.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Labrev wrote:
Back in spring 2022 when trade rumors started swirling, I said there was no way Rodgers would fit with Belichick. I feel vindicated! Drinks for everyone! :beer2:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Mendeleev wrote:

image.png
You’d have to include Lazard, Cobb, TBLS and Billy Turner :beer2: