Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Very sad.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

APB wrote:
16 Jun 2023 16:50
$%@# those OTA clips in shorts. I wanna see some videos from this!
We got a few snippets from GBs YouTube channel:

“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

TheSkeptic wrote:
19 Jun 2023 13:33
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
19 Jun 2023 12:25
CheeseheadTV's five under-the-radar players who made a positive impression:

https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/five-unde ... nicamp-503

I still think Goodson will have trouble beating out Patrick Taylor. Taylor is very assignment-sure and blocks well. Obviously Goodson is more dynamic, but the Packers are typically pretty conservative with #3 backs.
Goodson is the replacement if Jones gets hurt. Taylor if Quadzilla gets hurt. Not sure they will even carry 3 RB's if both are healthy as Deguara could fill in if necessary
Anyone else see the feature on Goodon and the Joneses on packers.com?

Goodson spent the offseason with Aaron Jones and his brother Alvin working out together and pushing each other and focusing on improvement. Honestly just what Tyler needed.

I agree with TheSkeptic about the different styles and who plays in the event of one injury or another... but I definitely am higher on Goodson as a more regular player. Especially if he's gotten over 200 pounds without losing his explosiveness (he was listed at 196 and had an aim to get stronger)

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
20 Jun 2023 09:29
TheSkeptic wrote:
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
19 Jun 2023 12:25
CheeseheadTV's five under-the-radar players who made a positive impression:

https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/five-unde ... nicamp-503

I still think Goodson will have trouble beating out Patrick Taylor. Taylor is very assignment-sure and blocks well. Obviously Goodson is more dynamic, but the Packers are typically pretty conservative with #3 backs.
Goodson is the replacement if Jones gets hurt. Taylor if Quadzilla gets hurt. Not sure they will even carry 3 RB's if both are healthy as Deguara could fill in if necessary

Goodson spent the offseason with Aaron Jones and his brother Alvin working out together and pushing each other and focusing on improvement. Honestly just what Tyler needed.

I agree with TheSkeptic about the different styles and who plays in the event of one injury or another... but I definitely am higher on Goodson as a more regular player. Especially if he's gotten over 200 pounds without losing his explosiveness (he was listed at 196 and had an aim to get stronger)
the reason why I think he'll be the #3 RB is because that kind of speed wont last on a PS, and the ability to make explosive plays matters more the a security blanket which is all Taylor is, imho it's harder to defend a elusive runner then a straight line pounder unless the OL blocking is perfect, or the guy has legs like Quadzilla

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Yoop wrote:
20 Jun 2023 11:20
YoHoChecko wrote:
20 Jun 2023 09:29
TheSkeptic wrote:

the reason why I think he'll be the #3 RB is because that kind of speed wont last on a PS, and the ability to make explosive plays matters more the a security blanket which is all Taylor is, imho it's harder to defend a elusive runner then a straight line pounder unless the OL blocking is perfect, or the guy has legs like Quadzilla
I agree about a “pounder” being limited. As much as I like Dillon, how much drop off would there be between him and Taylor? Yeah, some. But our offense would still work with Taylor, assuming he could catch an occasional swing pass or screen. If we lost Jones and didn’t have somebody almost as diverse as he is, that would be a more significant step down for the offense.

Think of it in terms of the Saints if they lost Kamara, at least a couple of seasons ago. How do you replace a guy like that? Jones is that guy for us. He has the breakaway speed, the ability to spot a crease and get through it, and a nose for the end zone, all the while being able to line up outside as a receiver. Dillon is good, but he can’t do all of that.

If Goodson is improving and shows the promise of a Jones-replacement, then how could they not keep him on the 53? (Assuming he can pickup blitzes too.)

As an add-on note, I remember when I used to be amazed that Jones could run effectively between the tackles. Not he’s done it so much that I just expect that from him. That said, I don’t know how many guys under 200 pounds we can say that about.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I’ve been able to watch a few more of Andy Herman’s blog posts the past couple of weeks. He recently made the move to full time blogging about the Packers. I gotta say, he looks like he is really enjoying himself. He brings great content and considered commentary. The last two blogs I’ve watched from him had to do with potential (possible) trades for the Packer players that he listed, and a list of players who should be used in ways that we might not expect. It was a joy to listen to his thoughts.

If you haven’t started watching his content via Twitter yet, I highly recommend it!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Scott4Pack wrote:
26 Jun 2023 16:28
I’ve been able to watch a few more of Andy Herman’s blog posts the past couple of weeks. He recently made the move to full time blogging about the Packers. I gotta say, he looks like he is really enjoying himself. He brings great content and considered commentary. The last two blogs I’ve watched from him had to do with potential (possible) trades for the Packer players that he listed, and a list of players who should be used in ways that we might not expect. It was a joy to listen to his thoughts.

If you haven’t started watching his content via Twitter yet, I highly recommend it!
what about us who are twit less, never had a twit account? I go looking for his podcast once in a while, I do enjoy his comments and info, he's a super blogger, and super bloggers like Andy should probably have a sticky clicky so I can just point and click and his latest Blog would just pop right up. :rotf: I don't think thats asking to much :rotf:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
26 Jun 2023 17:02
Scott4Pack wrote:

what about us who are twit less, never had a twit account? I go looking for his podcast once in a while, I do enjoy his comments and info, he's a super blogger, and super bloggers like Andy should probably have a sticky clicky so I can just point and click and his latest Blog would just pop right up. :rotf: I don't think thats asking to much :rotf:
Just bookmark this link:
https://www.youtube.com/@PackaDayPodcast
—Magneto

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Darnell Savage is saying the right things at least

https://www.packers.com/news/darnell-sa ... -last-year
"I'm excited. I'm ready to go – like, right now," Savage said following a recent OTA practice. "Anxious. Had a long offseason to kind of think about last year, had this kind of bad taste in my mouth for the longest time, so I'm ready to get it out."
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
27 Jun 2023 12:19
Darnell Savage is saying the right things at least

https://www.packers.com/news/darnell-sa ... -last-year
"I'm excited. I'm ready to go – like, right now," Savage said following a recent OTA practice. "Anxious. Had a long offseason to kind of think about last year, had this kind of bad taste in my mouth for the longest time, so I'm ready to get it out."
Yup. I remember Sammy Watkins said something along the lines of the same thing. :lol:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Not to question Aaron’s leadership at all, but at least Bakhtiari is finding some relatable activities he can do with our new young TE, Tucker Kraft, despite the age differences.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
26 Jun 2023 20:09
Yoop wrote:
26 Jun 2023 17:02
Scott4Pack wrote:

Just bookmark this link:
https://www.youtube.com/@PackaDayPodcast
got it, thanks

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Bakhtiari $%@# so hard.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Same height, double the width, I believe 16x the resolution?

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

LVN on Chad Reuter's projected all-rookie team, over Tyree Wilson and Myles Murphy. No other Packers though.
https://www.nfl.com/news/projecting-the ... tant-impac
—Magneto

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I thought this was a good read. As much as I like AR12 (and I do), I just can’t blame all of the underperformances of last year on the youth at WR. Even if it were only pure luck, it seems like we should’ve completed more deep passes last year.

Either way, this is one area where we want to see Jordan Love have some real success this year. If he does, it’ll bode well for the offense and the team overall.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2023/0 ... s-offense/

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Jones and Dillon are pretty good, but the line wasn't too shabby either. Dillon is 39 out of 42 and Jones is 41 out of 42.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
07 Jul 2023 12:40

Jones and Dillon are pretty good, but the line wasn't too shabby either. Dillon is 39 out of 42 and Jones is 41 out of 42.
I was looking for blocking stats the other day, specially first half of season when Bahk and Jenkins where still getting over injury's, to no avail.

the thing these stats don't show is how much RB ypc stats increase when RB's have a lot of carries for plus 5 yrds as both Dillon and Jones do.

a good measure of blocking efficiency is how well the RB's do on pure run plays, and our record in the red zone last season says we didn't do good at that, it's one thing to have the advantage of PA as a blocker, that deception gives them the ability to get some drive on the DL and create a run gap, minus that deception and the blocker doesn't have that.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
07 Jul 2023 13:17
Pckfn23 wrote:
07 Jul 2023 12:40

I was looking for blocking stats the other day, specially first half of season when Bahk and Jenkins where still getting over injury's, to no avail.

the thing these stats don't show is how much RB ypc stats increase when RB's have a lot of carries for plus 5 yrds as both Dillon and Jones do.

a good measure of blocking efficiency is how well the RB's do on pure run plays, and our record in the red zone last season says we didn't do good at that, it's one thing to have the advantage of PA as a blocker, that deception gives them the ability to get some drive on the DL and create a run gap, minus that deception and the blocker doesn't have that.
Yes, these stats don't show YPC because these stats are showing the percent of runs for 1 or fewer yards...

While it takes a good running back, with both Jones and Dillon at the tail end of the ranking, it does point to OL having a hand in it as well.

Play Action is not a run play... Let's not continue down that road.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."