Rank the Roster 2023: #26

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Who are the next two best players on the Packers?

Poll ended at 06 Jul 2023 13:03

Jayden Reed
26%
Tucker Kraft
4%
Jonathan Owens
4%
Yosh Nijman
15%
Samori Toure
11%
Josiah Deguara
11%
Rudy Ford
30%
Isaiah McDuffie
No votes
Jonathan Ford
No votes
Carrington Valentine
No votes
Sean Clifford
No votes
Tariq Carpenter
No votes
Royce Newman
No votes
Sean Rhyan
No votes
Shemar Jean-Charles
No votes
Anthony Johnson Jr
No votes
Justin Hollins
No votes
Colby Wooden
No votes
Tarvarius Moore
No votes

Total votes: 27

Waldo
Reactions:

Rank the Roster 2023: #26

Post by Waldo »

Rank The Roster: 2023 Edition

1. Jaire Alexander (43%)[+2]
2. Aaron Jones (26%)[+6]
3. David Bakhtiari (34%)[+1]
4. Kenny Clark (50%)[-2]
5. Rashan Gary (57%)[+1]
6. Elgton Jenkins (54%)[-1]
7. DeVondre Campbell (29%)[--]
8. Christian Watson (32%)[+14]
9. Jordan Love (32%)[+21]
10. Preston Smith (32%)[+2]
11. Rasul Douglas (29%)[+2]
12. AJ Dillon (27%)[-1]
13. Keisean Nixon (36%)[+19]
14. Quay Walker (36%)[+5]
15. Romeo Doubs (27%)[+20]
16. Devonte Wyatt (39%)[+3]
17. Zach Tom (31%)[+20]
18. Lukas Van Ness (24%)[R]
19. John Runyan (27%)[-1]
20. Darnell Savage (31%)[-6]
21. Josh Myers (44%)[-5]
22T. Eric Stokes (44%)[-12]
22T. Luke Musgrave (24%)[R]
24. TJ Slaton (18%)[+5]
25. Kingsley Enagbare (30%)[+11]
26. Current (xx%)[--]

Percent of vote the winner got will be in parenthesis, position change vs. 2022 will be in brackets.

Here's how this works:

Each day there is a new thread/poll, starting at #1, on down to whereever we get. The whole point of this exercise is to have something to talk about in the lean news months to carry us to camp. Each poll will be open for voting for 24 hours. New threads will only be created on weekdays. Ties will cause a runoff poll. You may vote up to TWO players (a change that was made mid-poll last year, seemed to work well).

Simply voting is not enough!

Post why you voted for who you did and provide a player to add to the next poll (every poll will be a list of 15-20 guys, new players added in bunches every few days).

Here's the thing. There is no criteria. This is an exercise to foster discussion therefore there are no clear criteria for ranking. Who is better right now? Who will have the best season? Who was better last year? Sort of a combo of them all? Do you take positional value into account? It really doesn't matter.

Previous Years:
Rank the Roster: 2022
Rank the Roster: 2021
Rank the Roster: 2020
Rank the Roster: 2014-2019

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

Puff piece on Toure today from Wes on Packers.com:

https://www.packers.com/news/a-stronger ... -in-year-2

Basically every writer has commented on him positively this offseason. Lazard got on the field a lot because of how well he supported the run game, I can see that being an angle for Toure to see the field a lot too. Though even putting on 7-10 lbs, he's still not all that big (I'm 6'1" 200, same as he is, 6'1" guys don't start looking beefy until 210 or so, like James Jones). He might be faster though, he certainly wasn't past the point of severely diminishing returns for leg mass and power output, which affects acceleration.

Clearly Toure stood out in offseason work, I think he's in the drivers seat for #3 WR at the moment. Reed will have his roles, but I don't think it will significantly beyond situational use. The guys that get the snaps at WR need to support Jones and Dillon, those are the guys that will sub in whole series between the 20's.

Other pick - S Rudy Ford.

(I didn't realize that his actual name is Johnathan, panicked for a moment that I made such a glaring error in the polls, but the team does in fact also have DL Jonathan Ford who is definitely in the running for the 53)
Last edited by Waldo on 05 Jul 2023 13:25, edited 1 time in total.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Ru-dee! Ru-dee! Ru-dee!
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Jayden Reed.

Again.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Still think Deguara is TE1. Training him at FB/HB? Even better, gives him versatility and thus more opportunity to see the field. I also think Ford has done the most, recently, of any of our S's including Savage who we have ranked. I think he's our starting SS.

I will say, I do like Tavarius Moore but I have no idea what to expect of him finding a role in our defense. I kinda want to stick his speed at FS and make Savage a dime DB.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Rudy Ford and Reed are my choices

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

TheSkeptic wrote:
05 Jul 2023 15:06
Rudy Ford and Reed are my choices
Same

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
05 Jul 2023 13:19
Ru-dee! Ru-dee! Ru-dee!
Yep

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Dequara is the starting TE, heck Rudy may be our #4 safety for all we know, same with Reed

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
06 Jul 2023 15:42
Dequara is the starting TE, heck Rudy may be our #4 safety for all we know, same with Reed
Ironically, the same could be said regarding your statement on "Dequara".

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
07 Jul 2023 12:04
Yoop wrote:
I very much doubt that, unless Musgrave and Kraft are used a lot in the passing game Dequara will double eithers snap count as our main blocking TE. I vote for players who stand the biggest chance to start, and we have two other safety's with more experience, and 2, possibly 3 WR that will compete with Reed for snap count, I surely think Reed will have a tough time starting over Watson or Doubs, not to mention the TE's or Touri, and Wicks

Dequara imo is better then people are giving him credit for.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
07 Jul 2023 12:46
APB wrote:
Yoop wrote:
I very much doubt that, unless Musgrave and Kraft are used a lot in the passing game Dequara will double eithers snap count as our main blocking TE. I vote for players who stand the biggest chance to start, and we have two other safety's with more experience, and 2, possibly 3 WR that will compete with Reed for snap count, I surely think Reed will have a tough time starting over Watson or Doubs, not to mention the TE's or Touri, and Wicks

Deguara is not an every down, in-line TE. I think they all have their roles and see the field, but I would not be surprised if Deguara plays the fewest snaps of the three. I actually think there is a decent chance Kraft plays the most, even though I expect Musgrave to be used more heavily in the passing game.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
07 Jul 2023 13:40
Yoop wrote:
APB wrote:

Deguara is not an every down, in-line TE. I think they all have their roles and see the field, but I would not be surprised if Deguara plays the fewest snaps of the three. I actually think there is a decent chance Kraft plays the most, even though I expect Musgrave to be used more heavily in the passing game.
I like the competition for playing time at many positions come training camp, and TE is no exception, but even if Dequara lacks Kraft or Musgraves athleticism, the position requires a lot of mental, and Dequara has 3 years in the system, about the year when most TE's have production jumps, or declines, I think the former.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
APB wrote:
Yoop wrote:

That's fine. I'm just pointing out - and [mention]NCF[/mention] did, too - that there are arguments to be made at this point in the off-season for any number of scenarios to play out at a number of positions.

You're banking on Deguara leading the TEs and voting accordingly. That's your prerogative. I disagree but neither of us really know how it'll play out.

I am making the same argument at safety for Ford. My bet is he's starting at one of the safety positions which earns him my vote this go-around.

Ironically, the experience-in-the-system argument you've made and now reiterated for Deguara is completely dismissed in your assessment of Ford. I find that to be inconsistent and illogical...but that's me.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
07 Jul 2023 16:54
Yoop wrote:
APB wrote:

That's fine. I'm just pointing out - and @NCF did, too - that there are arguments to be made at this point in the off-season for any number of scenarios to play out at a number of positions.

You're banking on Deguara leading the TEs and voting accordingly. That's your prerogative. I disagree but neither of us really know how it'll play out.

I am making the same argument at safety for Ford. My bet is he's starting at one of the safety positions which earns him my vote this go-around.

Ironically, the experience-in-the-system argument you've made and now reiterated for Deguara is completely dismissed in your assessment of Ford. I find that to be inconsistent and illogical...but that's me.
wow, I didn't realize Ford played as much as he did at safety last season, 442 game snaps, including ST's he had 550 G snaps.

Dequara also played less then I imagined, in fact he played just about as much on ST's (200 GS) as he did as a hybrid TE ( 258 GS).

to late to change my vote, but Ford tops my list for the next one