2023 Training Camp - 7/26

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

2023 Training Camp - 7/26

Post by BF004 »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Nips
Reactions:

Post by Nips »

Best time of the year! Means season is almost upon us. Some very intriguing things about this camp and I especially am intrigued to see how the receivers's do.
This team makes me drink!

Once ate some squirrel gumbo.True story!

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Nips wrote:
21 Jul 2023 22:04
Best time of the year! Means season is almost upon us. Some very intriguing things about this camp and I especially am intrigued to see how the receivers's do.
I am a lot more interested in the OLB's and TE's and the QB's

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Although there are much more important position battles, I will be really interested in the backup QB competition

Welcome, [mention]Nips[/mention]! :beer2:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

The most intriguing camp battle for me is at safety because it’s completely open. Starting QB and RB are set. I think the top 3 WRs are set. TE I could care less which rookie wins. The starting 5 on Oline should be obvious although you never know with LaDumby. The starting DL should be set along with LB and with Gary and Stokes in PUP edge and CB is pretty locked in.

Safety could start Savage, bench him, play a 7th round rookie, go with two FA, stick with Ford. I love a good battle of the bums.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

To me, even if WR and TE are both moderately settled, still by far the most intriguing and exciting battle.

Ill agree safety is most unsettled. But more of a race to not finish last vs excitement we might have something there.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

TheSkeptic wrote:
22 Jul 2023 11:44
Nips wrote:
I am watching those. But I’m specifically watching DLine and ILBs.

Frankly, this entire team is YOUNG (and restless). It has loads of potential and could be a wild ride all year. I’m going into this season thinking it’s a building year for 2024. And if they make it close to or into the playoffs, I’ll be thrilled.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Well that was quick

Nips
Reactions:

Post by Nips »

Scott4Pack wrote:
22 Jul 2023 15:16
TheSkeptic wrote:
22 Jul 2023 11:44
Nips wrote:
I am watching those. But I’m specifically watching DLine and ILBs.

Frankly, this entire team is YOUNG (and restless). It has loads of potential and could be a wild ride all year. I’m going into this season thinking it’s a building year for 2024. And if they make it close to or into the playoffs, I’ll be thrilled.
That's essentially where I'm at. I think we will surprise some teams, but also be a lot of bumps along the way also. And that is fine: I can be patient as long as we keep progressing both on and off the field.

And as a side note: I never really get a rookie's jersey, but really thinking about getting a Van Ness one. Expecting great things from this kid!
This team makes me drink!

Once ate some squirrel gumbo.True story!

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
22 Jul 2023 18:03
Well that was quick

Oh, thank goodness. 2023 success really depends on the availability of Jake Hanson.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

lupedafiasco wrote:
22 Jul 2023 12:29
The most intriguing camp battle for me is at safety because it’s completely open. Starting QB and RB are set. I think the top 3 WRs are set. TE I could care less which rookie wins. The starting 5 on Oline should be obvious although you never know with LaDumby. The starting DL should be set along with LB and with Gary and Stokes in PUP edge and CB is pretty locked in.

Safety could start Savage, bench him, play a 7th round rookie, go with two FA, stick with Ford. I love a good battle of the bums.
It's not just the safety spots, but the secondary as a whole. I think Barry figured some things out late last season (albeit with his guys on the verge of a full blown mutiny). I just want to see the team use the guys they have to the best of their abilities. Put Savage out there, let him do what he does well, and plug scheme/lesser talent around him and make it work. Let Jaire be Jaire, let Rasul play outside, let Stokes work back and do what he does well... stop forcing these guys to do things they aren't made to do.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
23 Jul 2023 06:44
BF004 wrote:
22 Jul 2023 18:03
Well that was quick

Oh, thank goodness. 2023 success really depends on the availability of Jake Hanson.
Think I’ve come around to rooting for him over Royce Newman.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

NCF wrote:
23 Jul 2023 06:47
lupedafiasco wrote:
22 Jul 2023 12:29

It's not just the safety spots, but the secondary as a whole. I think Barry figured some things out late last season (albeit with his guys on the verge of a full blown mutiny). I just want to see the team use the guys they have to the best of their abilities. Put Savage out there, let him do what he does well, and plug scheme/lesser talent around him and make it work. Let Jaire be Jaire, let Rasul play outside, let Stokes work back and do what he does well... stop forcing these guys to do things they aren't made to do.
Barry he little control over letting Savage do what he does well. He’s pretty decent just roaming and looking to make plays because he has speed. The problem is that isn’t the way the league has gone. It’s all 2 high. The other problem is that if he is able to play how he is best used he needs to tackle and I have personally never seen a worse tackling safety than Savage in my entire life. Not only is he bad at it but he’s unwilling.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

pre-TC, I want Moore (FS) and Ford (SS) with Savage as a sub-package "robber"... all subject to change based on who stands out or flops at TC.

I don't have any real horse in that race other than having once liked Moore and Johnson Jr. as draft prospects.

I just want our best two on the field, whoever it turns out to be. Sadly, I think we kinda -have- to start Savage even if he's still mid/bad.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

seems like some media agree with some of us, Love will be better then many fans predict.

Savage is probably still our best safety.

this is the best group of receiver talent the team has had in a decade, same with TE.

our secondary players where fed up last season, as a result Jerry Gray was fired and more trust was put in Barry, results yet unseen how this unfolds.

we improved our front 7 player talent the last couple drafts, hopefully now the defense can get of the field in a more timely manor

Gary will become the richest defender the team has ever had, ouch :)

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Yoop wrote:
23 Jul 2023 10:06
seems like some media agree with some of us, Love will be better then many fans predict.

this is the best group of receiver talent the team has had in a decade, same with TE.

our secondary players where fed up last season, as a result Jerry Gray was fired and more trust was put in Barry, results yet unseen how this unfolds.

we improved our front 7 player talent the last couple drafts, hopefully now the defense can get of the field in a more timely manor

As long as he makes a full recovery and stays healthy he will be worth it

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

TheSkeptic wrote:
23 Jul 2023 10:52
Yoop wrote:
23 Jul 2023 10:06

As long as he makes a full recovery and stays healthy he will be worth it
Agree, he was so dominant against SF in that playoff game. LIS, if we win that. That possibly goes down in memory as GB’s 2nd best defensive performance in recent memory. I’ll
Still yield to Barry Sanders -1 yards as best.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

No idea if they will move inside at all, but I know I won’t be attending those days either way, lol.