2023 Training Camp - 7/26

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

The sooner the better for Stokes. He needs camp badly to develop his technique and footwork.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

BF004 wrote:
23 Jul 2023 13:43
I hope this really happens. What a nasty injury. I'm with lupe it's time for him to develop. He could get by with pure speed now become a technician.

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

lupedafiasco wrote:
22 Jul 2023 12:29
The starting 5 on Oline should be obvious although you never know with LaDumby.
It's obvious that Bakhtiari and Jenkins will start on the left side as long as both are healthy. In my opinion the starting spots on the right side and possibly even at center are still up for grabs though.
Yoop wrote:
23 Jul 2023 10:06
this is the best group of receiver talent the team has had in a decade, same with TE.

our secondary players where fed up last season, as a result Jerry Gray was fired and more trust was put in Barry, results yet unseen how this unfolds.
While the receiving corps definitely has potential it's a huge stretch to consider them the best group the team has had in the past 10 years. There was a time the Packers featured Nelson and Cobb in their prime as well as Adams developing.

Unfortunately it might be possible the Packers moved on from the wrong coach in Gray instead of Barry.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

CWIMM wrote:
24 Jul 2023 04:05
lupedafiasco wrote:
22 Jul 2023 12:29
The starting 5 on Oline should be obvious although you never know with LaDumby.
It's obvious that Bakhtiari and Jenkins will start on the left side as long as both are healthy. In my opinion the starting spots on the right side and possibly even at center are still up for grabs though.
Yoop wrote:
23 Jul 2023 10:06
this is the best group of receiver talent the team has had in a decade, same with TE.

our secondary players where fed up last season, as a result Jerry Gray was fired and more trust was put in Barry, results yet unseen how this unfolds.
While the receiving corps definitely has potential it's a huge stretch to consider them the best group the team has had in the past 10 years. There was a time the Packers featured Nelson and Cobb in their prime as well as Adams developing.

Unfortunately it might be possible the Packers moved on from the wrong coach in Gray instead of Barry.
welcome to the forum CWIMM

IMHO this is the best and deepest group of receiver prospects we've had since 2015, so OK a decade might be a tad long, throw in the TE's though and a decade isn't so outlandish.

our secondary has had communication issues when playing zone long before Barry was hired, now some of that can be blamed on lack of experience of the players, but Alexander, Douglas, Savage, been together awhile, and all 3 complained about the coverage schemes, leads me to believe Gray has been the problem.

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

Yoop wrote:
24 Jul 2023 08:09
welcome to the forum CWIMM

IMHO this is the best and deepest group of receiver prospects we've had since 2015, so OK a decade might be a tad long, throw in the TE's though and a decade isn't so outlandish.

our secondary has had communication issues when playing zone long before Barry was hired, now some of that can be blamed on lack of experience of the players, but Alexander, Douglas, Savage, been together awhile, and all 3 complained about the coverage schemes, leads me to believe Gray has been the problem.
Thanks for the welcome. I agree that the receiving corps could be special at some point down the road if most of them develop as expected. At this point the group is extremely inexperienced which might result in them struggling at times this season.

I truly hope you're correct that Gray has been the problem with the secondary not performing up to potential. We will find out soon.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Well this is a bit of promising news...

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004 wrote:
23 Jul 2023 13:40

No idea if they will move inside at all, but I know I won’t be attending those days either way, lol.
Well then….

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I say we make a new thread each day. Easier to flip back and catch up on stuff.

No tweet is too irrelevant, fill these b’s up.

This thread should work for day 1, only on page 2.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

It will be interesting to see what teams do when the air quality is poor due to the forrest fire smoke.

That stuff is terrible for you and by all purposes you shouldn't exercise outside when there is an air quality warning.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

wallyuwl wrote:
25 Jul 2023 14:49
maybe I'm just getting old, but this kinda stuff is adorable

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
26 Jul 2023 08:44
wallyuwl wrote:
25 Jul 2023 14:49
maybe I'm just getting old, but this kinda stuff is adorable
what is a bubbler? I bet a few where thinking what I was thinking :toke:

Wi. with all the Native American locality names, heck even us locals ( I use to be a local) have trouble pronouncing some of the names.

your right, this is some great stuff.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
26 Jul 2023 09:26
I remember way back when asking my Drill Sergeant during the first week of basic training if I could go use the bubbler. He looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language. Hell, to him I was.

He asked me, in a not so pleasant tone, "what (insert colorful adjective) is a (insert colorful adjective) bubbler?"

I warily and respectfully responded, "you know, uh, the thing you, umm, push the button and then, uh, water comes out...?"

Him: "You mean a (insert colorful adjective) water fountain?"

Me: (loud and thunderous) "YES DRILL SERGEANT!"

He then proceeded to lecture me on the deficiencies of the (insert colorful adjective) public education system of whatever (insert colorful adjective) state I was from whilst I took mental notes from the front leaning rest position.

I don't think I've used the term "bubbler" outside of the state of Wisconsin since.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I made a list of some of the best Packer follows if anyone wants to follow it.

I did it kind of quick, so prolly missing a few guys.

https://twitter.com/i/lists/1684218548535562244

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
26 Jul 2023 09:44
Yoop wrote:
26 Jul 2023 09:26
I remember way back when asking my Drill Sergeant during the first week of basic training if I could go use the bubbler. He looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language. Hell, to him I was.

He asked me, in a not so pleasant tone, "what (insert colorful adjective) is a (insert colorful adjective) bubbler?"

I warily and respectfully responded, "you know, uh, the thing you, umm, push the button and then, uh, water comes out...?"

Him: "You mean a (insert colorful adjective) water fountain?"

Me: (loud and thunderous) "YES DRILL SERGEANT!"

He then proceeded to lecture me on the deficiencies of the (insert colorful adjective) public education system of whatever (insert colorful adjective) state I was from whilst I took mental notes from the front leaning rest position.

I don't think I've used the term "bubbler" outside of the state of Wisconsin since.
I guess everyone had a Sergeant Hulka :lol: