Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Gotta hand it to our GM's, paid a guy millions upon millions even when they new he didn't care about winning :rotf:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
27 Jul 2023 17:47
Gotta hand it to our GM's, paid a guy millions upon millions even when they new he didn't care about winning :rotf:
He may have cared but if he thought it was within reach, he would have taken a pay cut to facilitate that. Like he just did in NY. A 35m pay cut is historic. This man thinks they will put the extra money to good use.

My guess: trade for bakh by week 8
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

2020 and 2021 NFC Championship games... That's not in reach?

If he thought it wasn't he was dead wrong.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

BF004 wrote:
26 Jul 2023 11:16
Can’t say I ever recall him having an impact in any game vs us.

It's awesome the Bears never cease to disappoint me. Most likely the only franchise that feels comfortable about paying that kind of money to an average tight end at best :)
Drj820 wrote:
26 Jul 2023 17:33
Big enough savings to bring in dalvin cook and davanta. Nice
The Raiders still can't afford to trade Adams.
NCF wrote:
27 Jul 2023 10:21
Rodgers will end the Justin Fields era in Chicago in 2025. Book it. In the process, he will ruin the GB Draft the same way he has ruined The Draft for Packers fans for the past 3 years.
I'm curious to learn how Rodgers ruined the draft for Packers fans over the last three years.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Drj820 wrote:
27 Jul 2023 22:19
They've got Duane Brown, Mekhi Becton, and Billy Turner already on the roster, not to mention 2nd year player Max Mitchell, all with experience playing LT. Yes, Becton and Turner are currently slotted to play on the right side but the Jets are not exactly desperate to acquire a top tier player to line up at LT. Other than satisfying Rodgers' "Bro Tour" fetish, I'd think Jets mgmt would look to bolster the roster elsewhere.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

APB wrote:
28 Jul 2023 05:59
Drj820 wrote:
They've got Duane Brown, Mekhi Becton, and Billy Turner already on the roster, not to mention 2nd year player Max Mitchell, all with experience playing LT. Yes, Becton and Turner are currently slotted to play on the right side but the Jets are not exactly desperate to acquire a top tier player to line up at LT. Other than satisfying Rodgers' "Bro Tour" fetish, I'd think Jets mgmt would look to bolster the roster elsewhere.
To me, trading Bakh made all the sense in the world until he again restructured his contract. He’ll count $20M if he doesn’t play for us at all this season. He’d count $30M for us if he plays for us for half the season and then gets traded.

I wanted to go more fully toward rebuild and trade Bakh. But once his contract was adjusted, it became almost moot. Just no big upside to the move anymore.

If we’re 2-6 or something and want to open up $9-10M in rollover funds for 2024… sure. But otherwise I think the die is cast.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
28 Jul 2023 07:07
APB wrote:
28 Jul 2023 05:59
Drj820 wrote:
To me, trading Bakh made all the sense in the world until he again restructured his contract. He’ll count $20M if he doesn’t play for us at all this season. He’d count $30M for us if he plays for us for half the season and then gets traded.

I wanted to go more fully toward rebuild and trade Bakh. But once his contract was adjusted, it became almost moot. Just no big upside to the move anymore.

If we’re 2-6 or something and want to open up $9-10M in rollover funds for 2024… sure. But otherwise I think the die is cast.
That too. :aok:

LombardiTime
Reactions:

Post by LombardiTime »

YoHoChecko wrote:
27 Jul 2023 16:53
But the commentary that he wanted money and fame before, and now he wants to win does ring true.

He very clearly valued other things in his final few years with the Packers than winning. He seemed to value being right and being cowtowed to. But also seemed to value his physical location and off-field hobbies and quality of life.

Rodgers is a selfish narcissist with a victim mentality. There is no way to "treat him right."
If one assumes the armchair Narcissistic Personality Disorder diagnosis above to be accurate, should Packers' management not have become aware of the fact that Rodgers' was "a selfish narcissist" by say March of 2022?

If Rodgers "clearly valued other things in his final few years with the Packers than winning" should not the GM and President have recognized what was so clear to posters on a Packer fan chat board?

I mean, Rodgers had only been in the Organization for 17 years.

And, again assuming the diagnosis to be true, what does it say about the Packer braintrust that it unnecessarily awarded a soon to be 40 year-old "selfish narcissist" who did not prioritize winning with a three-year, $150 million contract extension in March of 2022?

If an Organization is plagued by a cancerous personality, as the poster above contends Rodgers is (or at least was in Green Bay), the Organization's management has a responsibility to excise that cancer not to coddle/enable it so that it metastasizes.

Again, if there is just no possible way to treat Aaron Rodgers right as the poster posits, what does it say about Packer management that they spent so many years, including but not limited to committing extraordinary financial resources even as recently as March of 2022, to do just that?

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

CWIMM wrote:
28 Jul 2023 03:20
BF004 wrote:
26 Jul 2023 11:16
Can’t say I ever recall him having an impact in any game vs us.

It's awesome the Bears never cease to disappoint me. Most likely the only franchise that feels comfortable about paying that kind of money to an average tight end at best :)
Drj820 wrote:
26 Jul 2023 17:33
Big enough savings to bring in dalvin cook and davanta. Nice
The Raiders still can't afford to trade Adams.
NCF wrote:
27 Jul 2023 10:21
Rodgers will end the Justin Fields era in Chicago in 2025. Book it. In the process, he will ruin the GB Draft the same way he has ruined The Draft for Packers fans for the past 3 years.
I'm curious to learn how Rodgers ruined the draft for Packers fans over the last three years.
He had the remote and kept flipping around the channels looking for reruns of his Jeopardy appearances. :swear:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

CWIMM wrote:
Three straight years where the biggest Packers narrative during draft weekend was would Rodgers be traded or Rodgers has been traded. Partially, if not entirely, timed and orchestrated by Rodgers camp.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

NCF wrote:
28 Jul 2023 09:27
CWIMM wrote:
Three straight years where the biggest Packers narrative during draft weekend was would Rodgers be traded or Rodgers has been traded. Partially, if not entirely, timed and orchestrated by Rodgers camp.
Even on this site, we had the 13th pick in this Draft and the discussion continues to center around our former QB. Have we really even discussed LVN in any detail yet? I haven't seen it if we have.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
28 Jul 2023 09:28
NCF wrote:
CWIMM wrote:
Even on this site, we had the 13th pick in this Draft and the discussion continues to center around our former QB. Have we really even discussed LVN in any detail yet? I haven't seen it if we have.
well when LVN becomes a first ballot HOF we'll discuss him after he leaves, well maybe not :rotf:

when the dust settles, who knows, we may never hear from him again except when we play against him in the SB in 6 months :lombardi:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

NCF wrote:
28 Jul 2023 09:28
NCF wrote:
CWIMM wrote:
What’s to discuss? It’s been summer time. I’m sure it’s coming with the start of TC.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Does anyone know what Rodgers thinks of LVN? I haven't seen any quotes on what he thought of our draft.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Acrobat wrote:
28 Jul 2023 10:42
Does anyone know what Rodgers thinks of LVN? I haven't seen any quotes on what he thought of our draft.
That made me chuckle. :lol:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Acrobat wrote:
28 Jul 2023 10:42

why would Rodgers comment on our draft? what good would come his way to make a comment?

what is beyond obvious to anyone not hell bent on dissing Rodgers is that this GM rebuilt the WR position just as Thompson did for Rodgers as Favre's career was ending, seems both GM's care more about the QB's they drafted then the QB the prior GM chose, normal I expect.

Rodgers showed his true self when he texted Love and wished him well prior to the first TC practice.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Acrobat was being facetious.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Pckfn23 wrote:
28 Jul 2023 11:59
I was going to jokingly reply that Rodgers thought LVN was proof that GB doesn't care about adding WR talent for QBs, and also that the rest of the draft is proof that GB wants Love to have weapons but not Rodgers.

Then of course -guess who- came in and said the second part of that 100% seriously. :rotf:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
with so many off the wall comments about Rodgers it's hard to know what is a joke versus actual feelings.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
28 Jul 2023 12:12
Pckfn23 wrote:
I was going to jokingly reply that Rodgers thought LVN was proof that GB doesn't care about adding WR talent for QBs, and also that the rest of the draft is proof that GB wants Love to have weapons but not Rodgers.

Then of course -guess who- came in and said the second part of that 100% seriously. :rotf:
you've nailed this post, and hate me because it's true